Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 7 14 2:03 PM

Tags : :

With the NFL officially kicking off this week, football is fully back in swing.  Use this thread to discuss the NFL/NCAAF to your heart's content.

Last Edited By: Matthew Jan 12 16 6:05 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 7 14 4:22 PM

I'm very happy my Dolphins knocked the crap out of the perennial top dog Patriots to begin the season. The Dolphins have been down for so long due to bad ownership, FO, GM, coaching, bad drafts, etc. that I never thought they would make a comeback. Been a fan since they joined the NFL in '66. It's been hard to endure the freefall over the last 10 years after being such a storied franchise for more than 30 years.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 9 14 1:00 PM

bigblaster wrote:
The once-and-future Los Angeles Rams got whipped by the Vikings. No surprise.
Just plain pathetic.   A horrible game plan and preparation.    I told the kid that 2-14 would not surprise me at all with this bunch.   I really can't complain about the defense, they spent way too much time on the field - too many three and outs for an offense that was already challenged with Bradford on quarterback and is likely the worst in the NFL.   At least we can take some solace in having the number one pick, again.   I just hope that Snead and Fisher (if they are still in charge) get it right (c'mon down, Jameis Winston!).  

On the plus side, Brian Quick looked good and the defensive backfield was better than I expected.   It is looking more and more like Tavon Austin is a flop unless the Rams get an O-Coordinator who isn't stuck in 1991.  Schottenheimer has to have picture of Fisher and a goat to manage to keep his job this long.   At this pace, the city of St. Louis may be willing to pay the freight to be rid of these guys in another few months. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 9 14 1:03 PM

Matthew wrote:
With the NFL officially kicking off this week, football is fully back in swing.  Use this thread to discuss the NFL/NCAAF to your heart's content.

Speaking of which - GO 'SC!  Damned impressive defense Sark has put together and Kessler is less of a joke each game.   The boy thinks Buck Allen is a Heisman candidate and I can't find a good argument to say otherwise.    My boys, UW, are lucky to be 2-0.   They play just barely better than their opponents.    Geez, they let EWU actually think they could compete.  

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 13 16 4:01 AM

Matthew wrote:
bigblaster wrote:
The once-and-future Los Angeles Rams got whipped by the Vikings. No surprise.

Can you give me this week's Powerball numbers?

Yeah!  What is it up to now?   I heard something about over a billion dollars and after the govmint cut, a cool $500MM.   Herself and the girls picked up some tickets the other day.  I can't remember the last time I played the lottery.  

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 19 16 6:05 AM

Herself was nowhere near a TV during the game, we were ensconced at the Coliseum watching the game. My early birthday gift from Herself was season tickets to the Rams' games. I just have to pay for the flights, lodging, rental vehicles, food and her shopping experience in SoCal. Pretty sweet deal....for her. Nevertheless, she kvetched, bitched and whined about the referees, how thuglike our defense is and that Rams' fans are ill-educated, smelly and should be more respectful of the well-mannered, polite and better smelling Seadog fans. Even though our flight doesn't leave until ten, she is already dressed, packed and waiting to check out. Mind you, it wasn't all bad. She got in some power shopping on Saturday and she got to play in the ocean too boot. I shouldn't complain too much, with these season tickets I get a set in the new stadium which we drove past and I cannot wait until 2019 when it is opened.

On a side note, we best figure out how to score a touchdown and I want to personally ask Tim Barnes why he is such a world class POS. Fool goes into the fetal position as soon as he snaps the ball. Plus, Rodas needs to be gone. Man makes me pine for Schottenheimer. I know he is a Fisher Guy but running Gurley up the middle on evrery play is hardly brilliant. I also have to ask, can't we do better than Stumpy Keenum? I know he wasn't as shitty as Game One, but jeez, his arm is terrible and he will never get the defense out of nine or ten in the box.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 21 16 1:38 PM

Matthew wrote:
Goodness, is the Rams offense horrendous to watch.

On the bright side, how about those Trojans? Haven't seen these guys in a good 8 years.
I watched the last half of the fourth quarter and thought that Jeff Fisher so needs to be fired.   Goff didn't look bad but Fisher and his pet idiot, Boras, were about as imaginative as the guy who invented the cheese sandwich.    Let's face it, this team needs to dip into the college game for a smart, offensive mind like Tom Herrmann or see if Mike Leach's hyper offense can translate to the NFL.   Any coach who can win in up in the Pahlouse is a guy who could turn around this fiasco.   

Regarding SC, Tee Martin is a freakin' genius.   Sam Darnold is something special and I see a Heisman in his future.   Just a couple months ago, Clay Helton's job was hanging by the proverbial string and names like Chip Kelly, the aforementioned Tom Herrmann and others were being bandied about as his replacement.    Now, USC could do a helluva lot worse.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 21 16 4:33 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Goodness, is the Rams offense horrendous to watch.

On the bright side, how about those Trojans? Haven't seen these guys in a good 8 years.
I watched the last half of the fourth quarter and thought that Jeff Fisher so needs to be fired.   Goff didn't look bad but Fisher and his pet idiot, Boras, were about as imaginative as the guy who invented the cheese sandwich.    Let's face it, this team needs to dip into the college game for a smart, offensive mind like Tom Herrmann or see if Mike Leach's hyper offense can translate to the NFL.   Any coach who can win in up in the Pahlouse is a guy who could turn around this fiasco.   

Regarding SC, Tee Martin is a freakin' genius.   Sam Darnold is something special and I see a Heisman in his future.   Just a couple months ago, Clay Helton's job was hanging by the proverbial string and names like Chip Kelly, the aforementioned Tom Herrmann and others were being bandied about as his replacement.    Now, USC could do a helluva lot worse.  

After Texas lost to Kansas, UT coach Strong is anything but strong, and Tom Herman is the leading candidate to be the next Longhorn coach.  I guess it depends which Herman you get...the one that led the University of Houston to huge upsets over OU in Week 1 and Louisville Saturday, or the one who lost to Navy and inexplicably got blown out by SMU.  Hey, maybe he could go to the Rams and be reunited with UH's Case Keenum.  (Keenum preceded Herman's time at UH, but he had a great career, unlike his pro experience. )smiley: ohwell

My neighbor is an SC alumnus and huge fan (unfortunately, not a Dodger fan.)  He is pretty pumped after the Washington and UCLA games.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 10 16 9:46 PM

A balmy 16 degrees out and an expectation of heavy snow on Monday, so I am really rethinking this decision to stick in Montreal, but watching UCLA dispatch Michigan was a hoot. Even without their big man, they held serve when the Wolverines couldn't miss and then blew them out of the water in the second half. I still think Alford is not a great coach, but the fool can recruit and as long as Ball and Leaft stay healthy, I am thinking they will stick at the top of the rankings this year.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 2 17 5:18 PM

Like to know what game these officials are watching? Looks like you cannot even look sternly at the Penn State quarterback or SC will get penalized. Clown was falling into Smith and that is the backer's fault? Maybe the Big Ten isn't as tough as it used to be, seeing as how their quarterbacks are so soft you can't even touch them without a penalty.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 2 17 5:20 PM

Guess 72 is the new number for a receiver seeing as how he was in the end zone on that TD pass, too. I forgot to find out where this crew is from, but they are worse than most high school crews.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help