Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 24 13 12:27 PM

Tags : :

Hey all!

As you might have noticed, the BBWC should be ad-free for you.  I paid $6 for us to be ad-free for a month.  

Anyone can do this for the BBWC, if you wish.  Click on "Contribute Now" in the upper left corner and it'll give you several options.  

My suggestion is members only contribute for one month each.  Yuku has been freezing up (on their end) lately, so I'd hate to see us get locked into anything long-term.  

But ad-free is nice, no?

EDIT:  Here is a list of those who have volunteered to contribute, with a suggested "due date":
June 20: pastorkc
July 20: BeefChopper
August 20: saeldway
Sept. 20: Wildhare
Oct. 20: Dopple
Nov. 20: JWerthfan
Dec. 20: TXDodger
Jan. 20: Grabs
Feb. 20: Shmol
March 20: ocmike

Thank you, ALL!  

If anyone else would like to contribute, just say so in this thread, and we'll put you on the list.  Thanks again.

Last Edited By: monsooner Jul 19 13 8:51 PM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jun 24 13 4:05 PM

pastorkc wrote:
Hey all!

As you might have noticed, the BBWC should be ad-free for you.  I paid $6 for us to be ad-free for a month.  

Anyone can do this for the BBWC, if you wish.  Click on "Contribute Now" in the upper left corner and it'll give you several options.  

My suggestion is members only contribute for one month each.  Yuku has been freezing up (on their end) lately, so I'd hate to see us get locked into anything long-term.  

But ad-free is nice, no?
I'm not sure I understand - do you want us to contribute the $6 now or wait until your month is over?  In case it is the later I volunteer to pay for the second month.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 24 13 5:34 PM

beefchopper wrote:
pastorkc wrote:
Hey all!

But ad-free is nice, no?
I'm not sure I understand - do you want us to contribute the $6 now or wait until your month is over?  In case it is the later I volunteer to pay for the second month.

We mods just need to have a discussion that we're staying here for good.  This host (yuku) has always been viewed as a possible home, but perhaps only temporary.  We'll make that decision soon, then go from there.  So for now, I think it'll be smart to just create a line, with perhaps you taking care of July, and saeldway perhaps taking August.  But wait until July 24 to make the payment.  Thanks, BC!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 24 13 5:34 PM

saeldway wrote:
I'll be happy to contribute, but my eyes must be on par with CB Bucknor because I don't see the button.
You need to be on the home page of the BBWC.  It doesn't show up in the specific forums.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 25 13 3:42 AM

The ads really didn't bother me, except for the "You are the xxx visitor" flashing. That said, however, when the next installment is due, give me a reminder and I'll chip in for the next month.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 25 13 9:04 AM

DSinSoCal wrote:
Good timing, because the ads had started crashing my IE browser at work for some reason.

Doesn't Grabs have a year's worth of anti-ad change in his sofa cushions?

The ads were messing up all of my apple product web-viewing as well.  This is SO much better.  I'm happy to contribute - just wait for them to reappear and then first person to kill them gets a glory post?  Or are we going to be more organized than that?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 25 13 9:44 AM

As long as my mom is alive, she'll always make me tell her something to buy me for my birthday. I'll pledge November -I can't wait to tell her she's buying me a month on an adult internet website. She's 86 - she won't get it. But my sister will come unglued.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 25 13 9:55 AM

Ad-FREE for a month, at least - but longer with your help!

DSinSoCal wrote:
Good timing, because the ads had started crashing my IE browser at work for some reason.

Have you met the women in my life? I am already cringing at the amount of stimulus they are forcing into the Canadian economy.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 25 13 2:35 PM

Doppel Von Guggenheim wrote:
DSinSoCal wrote:

The ads were messing up all of my apple product web-viewing as well.  This is SO much better.  I'm happy to contribute - just wait for them to reappear and then first person to kill them gets a glory post?  Or are we going to be more organized than that?
I will create a list and put it in the top post of this thread, and send reminders to all who have volunteered to help.  

And again, if we decide to stay, we can all just pay the $6 whenever we want - it'll carry out into the months we pay for.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 19 13 5:12 AM

pastorkc wrote:
Hey all!

But ad-free is nice, no?

EDIT:  Here is a list of those who have volunteered to contribute, with a suggested "due date":
June 20: pastorkc
July 20: BeefChopper
August 20: saeldway
Sept. 20: Wildhare
Oct. 20: Dopple
Nov. 20: JWerthfan
Dec. 20: TXDodger

Thank you, ALL!  

If anyone else would like to contribute, just say so in this thread, and we'll put you on the list.  Thanks again.
I miss the ads, but I will do my part in January.  Might as well, the old goat and I redid his will over the past couple days and the bastid is going to make my life miserable when he shuffles off of this mortal coil (and that looks soon if you listen to his doctors - not that I will shed a tear over that).  Let's just say my brothers are going to be pissed and I am going to have a snootful of issues with the IRS because what he has told me about his estate and what the guvmint knows are two very different things.   I really despise the old goat, his big F-You is going make my life suck to no end.  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help