Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 8 13 2:47 AM

Tags : :

I hereby start a place to discuss a bunch of old guys, some once great, who currently make a living hopelessly running up and down a basketball court against people half their age, as their youth and skill fades away. Like Sophia Loren wearing a teddy... but now.

Other NBA discussion is also welcome and, right now, preferred.

Thank you.

Last Edited By: Matthew Oct 29 13 11:27 PM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 8 13 7:28 AM

Matthew wrote:
I hereby start a place to discuss a bunch of old guys, some once great, who currently make a living hopelessly running up and down a basketball court against people half their age, as their youth and skill fades away.  Like Sophia Loren wearing a teddy... but now.

Other NBA discussion is also welcome and, right now, preferred.

Thank you.

I wouldn't mind if these clowns went on strike.....but, from their play, maybe some have (Gasol....)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 9 13 4:22 AM

Matthew wrote:
Now that Dwight, Gasol, and Hill are out, watch the Lakers start winning. It would be poetic.

Oops! Missed it by that much! 

I didn't catch most of the game (then again, why would I?). Seemed like they had a decent first half and then got outplayed big time in the second half. This is one big mess of a team and there are so many things wrong with it. Chemistry issues, wrong coach, major roster decisions that should addressed. Sheesh, where to start?

Now, onto San Antonio and then home against the Thunder. Followed by a Cav team that beat them in Cleveland. I think making the playoffs is even going to be a stretch for them. With the talent on this roster and the fact that their goal is to somehow just win at a pace that gets them enough wins to get an 8th seed to get in, it seems somewhat hard to fathom.

This is one of the hardest seasons ever to be watching the Purple and Gold.

Last Edited By: True2DaBlue Jan 9 13 4:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 9 13 7:36 PM

For once, an impressive display of effort.

I can't recall the last time I've seen them try so hard to blow the game, when it was handed to them.

Impressive showing by Earl Clark, though.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 10 13 4:31 PM

There are times when the influence I have had on my family's lives and personalities brings a tear to my eye. Examples of this are when the then six year old kid told the daydreaming Redhead sitting for too long at a green light to "Come on will ya, while we're young". Also when the then third grade kidette answered her teacher's inquiry of "Who was considered the Father of our Country" with "Steve Garvey". Fond memories.

Nothing prepared me for Tuesday night.

Watching the postgame show after another debacle when Robert Horry commented "For the Lakers to make the Playoffs....." and the Redhead immediately spouted out "Playoffs? Is he kidding me, playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs. I just hope they can win another game."

I honestly didn't know she had it in her.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 18 13 7:53 AM

LA Times beat writer Mike Bresnahan has just tweeted that Jerry Buss died, last night.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Feb 19 13 8:43 AM

Having been a Laker season ticket holder during the Showtime era at the Fabulous Forum, I had a chance to meet Dr. Buss more than a few times. 

He was simply the BEST owner in all of sports history and we will never experience another owner like that. 

SIXTEEN finals and TEN championships during his tenure. Sad times indeed as a Laker fan.

RIP, Dr. Buss.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 10 13 9:54 AM

The Quest To 17... Wins: The 2012-2013 Lakers Thread

32-31 and now tied for the 8th seed.

Bust open that champagne!

In all seriousness, Kobe has been on another planet, lately. At least offensively.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 10 13 9:08 PM

Matthew wrote:

In all seriousness, Kobe has been on another planet, lately. At least offensively.
The Kidette was in Whole Foods tonight after she got off of work and was standing in the checkout line and turned around and was face-to-face (ok, face to about navel) with Kobe.

To quote her:  "No big deal".

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 14 13 12:36 PM

Very sorry to hear Jerry Buss passed. Even sorrier that Jim Buss is now calling the shots. He seems determined to purge all memories of Phil Jackson, even at the expense of sinking the Lakers to the second division. Mike Brown was a major mistake, but when the Lakers had agreed in principle to bring back Phil, all of a sudden we have Mike D'Antoni!

This season is such a waste. Even if the Lakers make the playoffs, I don't see them advancing past the 2nd round. And if they become a lottery team, Phoenix gets our pick.

We have no 1st & 2nd round picks this year, no 2nd round next year, and no 1st in 2015. In return we have an aging, breaking down team, with a run-and-gun coach, that is struggling to make the playoffs.

I kind of disagree about Jim Buss = Al Davis; Jim Buss = Frank McCourt; maybe AlFrank McDavis.

I wish that Gugs & Co would buy out the Lakers and send Jim Buss packing.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 12 13 9:27 PM

Goodness... it's very possible we might have seen the last of Kobe Bryant, who tore his achilles after pulling off a miracle victory against Golden State.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 12 13 9:33 PM

Matthew wrote:
Goodness... it's very possible we might have seen the last of Kobe Bryant, who tore his achilles after pulling off a miracle victory against Golden State.

Of course, this is what happens when you have an idiot coach who's playing a 34 year old 48 minutes a game.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help