Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 13 13 7:35 AM

Matthew wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Goodness... it's very possible we might have seen the last of Kobe Bryant, who tore his achilles after pulling off a miracle victory against Golden State.

Of course, this is what happens when you have an idiot coach who's playing a 34 year old 48 minutes a game.
What a devastating injury! Just watching him speak after the game was so hard to watch. NOBODY can EVER question this superstars resolve and commitment. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out as far as the future to the Laker organization in regards to amnesty rules, possibility of him taking a year off with being waived (thus saving the Lakers a boatload of $) and the possibility of him coming back under a new contract the following year.

Either way, this ends any chance of the team even getting into the second round (let alone squeaking into the playoffs).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 17 13 10:04 PM

The Lakers are 2-0 without Kobe, and 7-1 without Nash. Surely this was the root of their ails.

Seriously, I'm sitting here stunned not only that they made the playoffs, but they came in at the 7 seed. Unbelievable.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Apr 28 13 1:20 PM

Well, time to put the fork in the 2012-13 Laker season. This is without a doubt, the most disappointing, perplexing and just downright frustrating season I have ever experienced as a Laker fan.

This team isn't built well for continued success either. So many things must occur for the Purple and Gold to challenge anytime soon. They are old, coaching isn't where it needs to be and the roster is a hot mess. Never mind, the driver of the Buss (Jimmy) is the major issue.

Is there somehow a way that Jimmy will (or be forced to) let Jeannie have more of a say so? That could get Phil back in the picture. Was watching the pregame on ABC today and they were mentioning just that.

What to do with the contracts that need to be gone? Who do they amnesty? Metta, Blake, Pau, Kobe?

Do you invest a max deal in Dwight?

Perfect world for me?
1. Somehow, get Dwight to accept a sign and trade to get a new infusion of talent
2. Have an agreement with Kobe to amnesty him and then re-sign him after the upcoming season for a much lower contract.
3. Sort out the bench mess and get some versatility.
4. Figure out the head coach. I don't thing D'Antoni is right for the gig and wouldn't be opposed to bring back Brian Shaw (with Phil somewhere in Staples).

Wow, this is a mess!

Last Edited By: True2DaBlue Apr 28 13 1:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Apr 28 13 5:01 PM

ocmike24 wrote:
Go play for the Rockets, you big overrated pile of shit.

Hmmm let me guess. You are referring to that manure who has close to zero offensive skills to match his 10 cent brain?

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Apr 28 13 5:06 PM

The Quest To 17... Wins: The 2012-2013 Lakers Thread

I just want to see Sacre in the game, so we could say that the Lakers have had two of the greatest Greek philosophers at center:

The Big Aristotle
The Big Sacre-tes

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Apr 28 13 5:07 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:

Hmmm let me guess. You are referring to that manure who has close to zero offensive skills to match his 10 cent brain?
Best line ever on a Laker Board:

"The moderators moved my post.  That gives me one more post move than D12 has in his career."

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Apr 28 13 5:36 PM

ocmike24 wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:Go play for the Rockets, you big overrated pile of shit.

Best line ever on a Laker Board:

"The moderators moved my post.  That gives me one more post move than D12 has in his career."

NICE. I honestly don't care if he leaves or stays. I do know that if he stays it will be painful to watch him brick FT's and 2' layups. His defense in the paint is A-1, but his penchant for making stupid fouls and indiscriminately swatting EVERY DAMN BALL out of bounds is a giant buzz-kill.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Apr 29 13 6:12 AM

Well, I am glad to the the Lakers went out fighting in game 4 and Dwight played so hard and dominated the game like he should have.

Ooooops! Then I woke up and saw what really happened. One word...PATHETIC!

More drama ahead. So many more decisions to be made this summer.

The first, of course, is Dwight. I say cut bait! He's not a Laker and never will be. If you can't do a sign and trade (like with the Nets for Brook Lopez and a bunch of draft picks, or the Rockets for a player and picks), then just wave goodbye.

There is no coincidence that when Howard got ejected, Kobe came out of the locker room. And, Howard barked something at Kupchek on the way into the locker room also.

D'Antoni is not the right coach for the team (sound familiar for the Blue also?)..

What to do with the amnesty provision? Kobe? Pau? Metta? Nash?

IMHO, Dwight should be vamoose.No reason they should pay him max money.

Tell D'Antoni thanks and enjoy the rest of your contract not being the Laker coach anymore. They needed Phil when they had the chance. Will they even consider that now? A Brian Shaw would not be a bad second choice (with Phil having a prominent role).

Convince Kobe to accept the amnesty clause (the Lakers would save in the area of $85M in salary/luxury tax).

Sort out the rest of the roster.

One thing for sure. The drama will not end with their ouster in game 4.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 29 13 6:44 AM

Not that I follow the NBA much - too much love for guys who are flawed characters and aren't exactly the people you want your kids to learn the game from - but, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Lakers. It is truly sad how dysfunctional this organization has become. If it was my money (and not Jim Buss', is there a bigger idiot in this game?), I would do a sign and trade with Dwight Howard. I am sure the Nets or Mavericks would love to have him. Amnesty Kobe, if he is as big a team player as he claims, he will take the deal. Keep Gasol and Nash as neither have enough value to warrant a move that would get the Lakers anything back. If they could lose World Peace, do it. I know this isn't Kupchak's style, but try to amass as many draft picks as possible and built with young kids and not the old, selfish and uninterested.

A deal with the Nets taking on Dwight Howard and the Lakers getting Brook Lopez (among others) would be a start. I am sure that a third and/or fourth team will have to be added into the mix to meet all salary concerns. Amnesty Kobe and that should end all luxury tax concerns. I don't know if there is any free agent out there who is worth big money save Howard, but IIRC, LBJ can walk after 2013-14. Not that I am huge fan of the guy (lied through his teeth with folks in Cleveland among other things), but he is the most talented player in the game. It might be something to think about.

I agree with those who feel D'Antoni was a huge mistake, but unless the Lakers can somehow talk Mark Jackson into getting fired by the Warriors, I don't see a great coach out there who would be a fit. Shaw lacks head coaching experience and there is something I don't like about the guy. Nash might make a good coach, but convincing him to retire as a player is another story. I just wish there was a better mind in charge of this organization than Jim Buss. When all decisions have to pass muster with him, nothing good will come of it.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 17 13 6:18 AM

WHA'?!?

"Sources told ESPN.com the Clippers are concurrently weighing the prospect of offering star forward Blake Griffin in tandem with prized young guard Eric Bledsoe to the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade pitch to land Dwight Howard after July 1."

In extremos orientem in qualitatem; in extremos occidentem in saporem.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:11 PM

ocmike24 wrote:

And if you believe the media reports starting to break, it seems he's done just that.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:16 PM

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:

And if you believe the media reports starting to break, it seems he's done just that.
It's some kind of really bad joke:  Chandler Parsons, douchebag faker James Harden and the Big Pussy winning an NBA title?  Excuse me while I laugh my ass off.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:28 PM

ocmike24 wrote:

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:Go play for the Rockets, you big overrated pile of shit.

It's some kind of really bad joke:  Chandler Parsons, douchebag faker James Harden and the Big Pussy winning an NBA title?  Excuse me while I laugh my ass off.

That's kind of where I'm at, right now.  Two years of FA for this?  

Although since I've posted that, there's reports now surfacing (including something from his agent) that he hasn't chosen yet and that it's still between LA and Houston.  Though that just seems like a smokescreen until the agreement is finalized.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:34 PM

Just as I thought:

Kamenetzky Brothers [email protected] 49s

RT @sportscenter: UPDATE: Dwight Howard's camp has informed Lakers that he will not re-sign with them. (via @Chris_Broussard )

Howard's a good player, and will be better next year fully recovered from back surgery, but... eh, I was way more saddened losing Lamar freaking Odom.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:37 PM

Fake SportsCenter [email protected] 10m
Dwight Howard reportedly unhappy in Houston

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:50 PM

Matthew wrote:
Just as I thought:

RT @sportscenter: UPDATE: Dwight Howard's camp has informed Lakers that he will not re-sign with them. (via @Chris_Broussard )

Howard's a good player, and will be better next year fully recovered from back surgery, but... eh, I was way more saddened losing Lamar freaking Odom.
Being the overreactive, prone to drill assholes in the head with fastballs (even 9 year olds) that I am, if I'm coaching the Lakers, I have one guy on the floor whose only job it is against the Rockets is to grab the Big Pussy's arm and yank it so fricking hard that it bypasses the labrum completely and yanks it right out of the socket.  Every time down.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jul 5 13 2:59 PM

ocmike24 wrote:

Matthew wrote:Just as I thought:

Being the overreactive, prone to drill assholes in the head with fastballs (even 9 year olds) that I am, if I'm coaching the Lakers, I have one guy on the floor whose only job it is against the Rockets is to grab the Big Pussy's arm and yank it so fricking hard that it bypasses the labrum completely and yanks it right out of the socket.  Every time down.

It just might be worth keeping Artest around, after all...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help