Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 5 13 5:27 PM

Not a huge NBA fan, but losing Howard to the Rockets is likely their best move over the past two seasons. Sure, this team looks pretty bad and I can't see any upside to the 2013-14 version of the Lakers, but I have a feeling they will still make the playoffs. That being said, with an almost clear payroll for 2014, say hello to LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe as the new Big Three. Just hope that Kupchak does the right thing and tries to accumulate some draft picks for a change.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jul 5 13 5:44 PM

Oh, of course: now ESPN is reporting that Howard has changed his mind and is now 50/50 between the Lakers and Houston.

I hope Kupchak tells him to F off, at this point.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 6 13 6:26 AM

Good riddance! He was never a Laker, just had the uniform on. He's inconsistent, moody, has no low post game, horrific FT shooter and a me me me type player. I actually think it's a blessing in disguise that he bolted.

The only caveat to that is I was hoping that the GSW would do a sign and trade in order to get one of their young players like Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson and a draft pick or two. Oh well. Can't imagine a sign and trade with the Rockets that would be beneficial anyway.

Hard to fathom that the trade that sent Howard here and Bynum out and the Magic getting parts would favor the Magic winning the trade.

The last image of Dwight's last game in a Laker uniform is perfect. Bitching to the refs in a closeout game and getting ejected. Adios, quitter!

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 7 13 3:16 AM

Looks like the Lakers are interested in bringing back Lamar Odom and are interested in Elton Brand as well. Might not have enough $ to pull this off though. Oh yeah, read somewhere that Sasha is coming back to the NBA (he hopes at least) and is interested in coming back to the Lakers.

On a side note, Clippers have made some nice moves to improve their team (Redick, Dudley and now Collison. Along with a good head coach).

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jul 8 13 1:26 PM

Lakers signed Chris Kamen to a one year deal. Let's see, no Kobe until the last couple weeks of the season, if at all, a starting five of MWP, Gasol, Jordan Hill, Steve Nash and Jodie Meeks looks like a recipe for twenty wins and I would not be shocked to see both Gasol and Nash being dealt at the deadline for a bunch of contracts that expire at the end of the 2013/2014 season or first round draft picks. Top three pick, no contracts on the books save Ryan Kelly and a Who's-Who of NBA superstars being available. Gotta think that if the fanbase has a clue, they should be begging for this team to tank like few others. Draft Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker, sign LBJ and Carmelo, bring back Kobe for something reasonable and get back to winning rings.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 8 13 5:10 PM

Doppel Von Guggenheim wrote:
Howard is such a schmuck ... how does Houston have a better chance at winning than the Lakers or GSWHoop? Harden + Parsons + Howard = 4/5 seed at best.

No one has ever accused Howard of being a rocket scientist.    It sounds like he had Stephen A Smith in his ear telling him that the Rockets give him the most money, but make Harden the scapegoat when they finish behind the Spurs, Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers, Warriors and Nuggets.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 8 13 5:18 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Howard is such a schmuck ... how does Houston have a better chance at winning than the Lakers or GSWHoop? Harden + Parsons + Howard = 4/5 seed at best.

No one has ever accused Howard of being a rocket scientist.    It sounds like he had Stephen A Smith in his ear telling him that the Rockets give him the most money, but make Harden the scapegoat when they finish behind the Spurs, Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers, Warriors and Nuggets.  
Rocket scientist!  Pun intended"

Houston is pretty amped up, but when it comes to basketball, for me it's just filler until spring training.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 8 13 5:27 PM

Look, I'm pretty ticked at just the notion that someone would walk away from the Lakers, but I'm laughing at the notion that the Big Pussy is going to give Houston so much more than Asik that they have improved at all.

I once copied a message I had placed and put it instead in a difference section of a message board. Guess what - that gives me one more post move that Howard has had in his entire career.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jul 8 13 8:50 PM

WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

Rocket scientist!  Pun intended"

Houston is pretty amped up, but when it comes to basketball, for me it's just filler until spring training.

It basically kills the two weeks between the Super Bowl and Spring Training for me.   That is if I can't find a good book or two to read. 

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 8 13 8:51 PM

ocmike24 wrote:
Look, I'm pretty ticked at just the notion that someone would walk away from the Lakers, but I'm laughing at the notion that the Big Pussy is going to give Houston so much more than Asik that they have improved at all.

I once copied a message I had placed and put it instead in a difference section of a message board. Guess what - that gives me one more post move that Howard has had in his entire career.
I got money that says that Howard will be bitching about McHale by Christmas.   

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 9 13 4:23 AM

I was telling my buddy back when he was bitching and moaning about playing hurt and not getting touches (waaaaa) that he didn't have it to be a Laker nor would he ever. I know Shaq doesn't really care for him, nor does Kareem. Heck, Kareem and Shaq don't get along either. Something about the big men and their egos.

Here's a little more on Kareem and Shaq dissing Dwight:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/36861/lakers-legends-rip-howard

Chris Kaman will never be confused with one of the top big men to play in the NBA. OTOH, he is a decent player and will provide the Lakers with some production at the 5. Considering he cost roughly 1/7 of Dwight's salary, this is/was the best the Lakers could do, considering their payroll issues.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jul 9 13 10:07 PM

Pending his team in Turkey agrees to buy out his contract, the Lakers have signed Mickey Mouse... err, Jordan Farmar to a 1 year contract at the veteran minimum.

Mitch Kupchak partying like it's 2009.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jul 10 13 4:01 AM

Matthew wrote:
Pending his team in Turkey agrees to buy out his contract, the Lakers have signed Mickey Mouse... err, Jordan Farmar to a 1 year contract at the veteran minimum.

Mitch Kupchak partying like it's 2009.

Haha! Jordan FarmEARS is back! I read somewhere that Sasha wanted to come back to the Lakers also (minus Sharapova).

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Nov 8 13 6:56 AM

Well, that was easily the best Laker game of this early season (maybe besides the win against the Clips to open the season). Watching the Lakers do the "Hack-a Howard" and watching him brick the free throws resulting in a game winning 3 by Blake to win by 1 was (to me at least) one of the main reasons I was against signing him back.

I still think the right move was dealing him before the trading deadline, when they had the chance. Oh well, water under the bridge and now it's Houston's issue. Additionally, I did think it was the right trade to actually get him, just should have dealt him when it was obvious that he wasn't a great fit. The player we traded for him, Andrew Bynum, isn't exactly paying any type of dividends for his team. He's even hinting at retirement because of his damaged knees.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9942913/andrew-bynum-cleveland-cavaliers-pondering-career

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 6 14 3:44 PM

Well, this has been an interesting weekend, to say the least...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help