Remove this ad

#121 [url]

Apr 25 16 1:42 PM

Kid texted me that the Lakers are not that interested in Luke Walton. They want a teacher and not a guy who knows enough to shut up and let the best team in basketball do what they do. That would not work with the Lakers. Hell, Mark Jackson might be someone to look at, also. Most people forget he was the guy who developed Curry, Green, Thompson, etc..... Kerr just got the finished product.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#122 [url]

Apr 25 16 2:30 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Kid texted me that the Lakers are not that interested in Luke Walton. They want a teacher and not a guy who knows enough to shut up and let the best team in basketball do what they do. That would not work with the Lakers. Hell, Mark Jackson might be someone to look at, also. Most people forget he was the guy who developed Curry, Green, Thompson, etc..... Kerr just got the finished product.
I don't know about that one there, Torg.  They just got rid of one stubborn, arrogant prick, only to replace him with one that's even more of the same?

Quote    Reply   

#123 [url]

Apr 25 16 2:50 PM

ocmike24 wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
I don't know about that one there, Torg.  They just got rid of one stubborn, arrogant prick, only to replace him with one that's even more of the same?

That is the downside to Jackson, but he is a proven winner....to a point.   At the end of the day, I am still hoping for David Blatt.   Then keeping the number two pick and using our cap space with some smarts instead of throwing it at one guy.    Sure, we can give out two max contracts, but I would love to save some money for next year when Westbrook will be available and see if we can entice him to come back home.  

Quote    Reply   

#124 [url]

Apr 29 16 6:19 PM

That was fast:

KEVIN DING [email protected] 2m2 minutes ago
Lakers have agreed to terms with Luke Walton to be their next head coach, according to team sources.

Quote    Reply   

#125 [url]

Apr 29 16 6:31 PM

KEVIN DING [email protected] 1m1 minute ago
Walton killed interview with Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak, showing all he has learned about coaching. Lakers decided to lock him up immediately.

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Apr 29 16 6:44 PM

So I'm 1/1 in predictions. I'll make another one: if they're smart, David Blatt will be assistant coach. There's few openings available (and I think Phil's Rambis fetish will get the best of him in NY), and Blatt, even though I don't think it's his fault, probably needs a year as an assistant to rebuild his reputation. Add to Luke being a rookie coach, Blatt would be very beneficial in Luke's growth.

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Apr 30 16 6:29 AM

Matthew wrote:
That was fast:

Lakers have agreed to terms with Luke Walton to be their next head coach, according to team sources.
I am kind of out of my flu-induced haze and saw this just a few minutes ago.    Can't say I am happy about this move - it sounds like Jim and Mitch are making their one last desperate move to save their jobs.   Walton is the flavor of the month and the casual fan will be excited.    But, I will try to see the plusses in this move.   Walton is young and might be able to relate better with Randle, Russell and Ingram (again, working the beads we stick at two).    Walton also comes from a culture of winning and there is something to that.   I don't know his coaching style or whether he even has a style or just throws the ball out there and lets the guys just huck it up.   If this move is combined with a full-on move for Durant then I am see doom, but if Jim and Mitch decide to find pieces who actually fit like DeRozan, Barnes, Horford, I am good.   To that end, the kid sent me a tweet or something from DeRozan that he liked the move.    Given that unless you play for the Spurs, defense is an afterthought, DeRozan could be a good fit.  

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Apr 30 16 8:21 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:

Matthew wrote:That was fast:

I am kind of out of my flu-induced haze and saw this just a few minutes ago.    Can't say I am happy about this move - it sounds like Jim and Mitch are making their one last desperate move to save their jobs.   Walton is the flavor of the month and the casual fan will be excited.    But, I will try to see the plusses in this move.   Walton is young and might be able to relate better with Randle, Russell and Ingram (again, working the beads we stick at two).    Walton also comes from a culture of winning and there is something to that.   I don't know his coaching style or whether he even has a style or just throws the ball out there and lets the guys just huck it up.   If this move is combined with a full-on move for Durant then I am see doom, but if Jim and Mitch decide to find pieces who actually fit like DeRozan, Barnes, Horford, I am good.   To that end, the kid sent me a tweet or something from DeRozan that he liked the move.    Given that unless you play for the Spurs, defense is an afterthought, DeRozan could be a good fit.  

Speaking of Jim & Mitch saving their jobs, I fear they trade away key younguns' and the pick, if it's 1 or 2, for a vet to try and fast track a playoff berth. I would rather grow the kids and hopefully add key FA's. I'm not watching these playoffs but heard that DeRozan has been MIA and is struggling.  

Quote    Reply   

#129 [url]

May 1 16 7:40 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

Speaking of Jim & Mitch saving their jobs, I fear they trade away key younguns' and the pick, if it's 1 or 2, for a vet to try and fast track a playoff berth. I would rather grow the kids and hopefully add key FA's. I'm not watching these playoffs but heard that DeRozan has been MIA and is struggling.  
I watched yesterday's game as the Raptors are the de facto hometeam for Canada and he looked awful but the Pacers play very good defense - Paul George is unbelievably good on both ends of the court.   But, we need someone who has above average offensive skills.    I wouldn't give DeRozan a max contract, but I figure the Raptors will, so it could be more about hoping DeRozan wants to play back home over taking home a bigger check.    I don't agree about Jim and Mitch, if they wanted to get stupid and deal the kids, they would've kept Scott.   Walton's alleged value is his ability to communicate and if they have learned anything from David Blatt in Cleveland, overpaid veterans don't listen.   Hell, I don't see any veteran other than Curry, George or Leonard who I would value higher than Ingram.    If it is Simmons, I am not as sold on him.  Daddy is too much in the picture and I don't think he will ever be anywhere near as good as his potential.  

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

May 1 16 10:22 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

I watched yesterday's game as the Raptors are the de facto hometeam for Canada and he looked awful but the Pacers play very good defense - Paul George is unbelievably good on both ends of the court.   But, we need someone who has above average offensive skills.    I wouldn't give DeRozan a max contract, but I figure the Raptors will, so it could be more about hoping DeRozan wants to play back home over taking home a bigger check.    I don't agree about Jim and Mitch, if they wanted to get stupid and deal the kids, they would've kept Scott.   Walton's alleged value is his ability to communicate and if they have learned anything from David Blatt in Cleveland, overpaid veterans don't listen.   Hell, I don't see any veteran other than Curry, George or Leonard who I would value higher than Ingram.    If it is Simmons, I am not as sold on him.  Daddy is too much in the picture and I don't think he will ever be anywhere near as good as his potential.  

I hope you're right but there's been smoke/rumors surrounding DeMarcus Cousins to the Lakers since last year and he would cost a boat load.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 [url]

May 2 16 6:16 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:

I hope you're right but there's been smoke/rumors surrounding DeMarcus Cousins to the Lakers since last year and he would cost a boat load.

Cousins is this generation's coach killer.   I would rather have Sacre and Hibbert than that assclown.   He may be the most skilled center in the game but I doubt he is worth the daily drama and bs involved with coddling him.   Plus, I have to think no free agent of any standing wants to play with him and that seems to part two of their plan.    Now, for the Devil's Advocate side of the argument is that Cousins' trade value is likely as low as possible because he is an assclown and he is the most skilled center in the game.   Given the need and stupidity of Jim and Mitch, I could see them making overtures, but I cannot see us being a match.   Now, with Philly already tired of Okafor and Embiid, I could see them having enough to make that deal, easily.   Trading assclowns for assclowns and a draft pick for Ben Simmons who is well on his way to the Assclown HOF.   

Quote    Reply   

#132 [url]

May 13 16 1:02 PM

I don't follow the Lakers as closely as some of you, so could someone explain the draft lottery to me. The mock draft that I've read lists them 2nd after the Sixers. Another column said that they might not even get the 2nd pick. Don't they have an equal chance in the lottery to get the #! pick?

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

May 16 16 11:33 AM

Norm wrote:
I don't follow the Lakers as closely as some of you, so could someone explain the draft lottery to me. The mock draft that I've read lists them 2nd after the Sixers. Another column said that they might not even get the 2nd pick. Don't they have an equal chance in the lottery to get the #! pick?

Due to the Steve Nash trade, we will send our number one this year if it falls after the top three picks, so with the lottery, we could get screwed.    But, we could also end up with the first pick, which might be bad because the Assclown Brothers (Mitch and Jim) probably have a chubby for Ben Simmons, his dad and his piss poor work ethic.   At two, I think we get the better player in Ingram, although a stiff wind might knock him over.    If we land at three, we are trading the pick because the drop off from two to three is massive in this draft for what we need.  I like the two guards at this point in the draft (Murray and Dunn) but we really don't need another guard.   The other names around three are Dragan Bender (great name, but raw) and Henry Ellenson (think Kevin Love with lesser passing skills).   Nice players, but not guys who will be stars.    We need a star.  

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

May 17 16 5:05 PM

On a side note, I prier Ingram, but I have this hunch the Lakers wind up with Simmons. Simmons and his camp are making it a little way too obvious where he wants to go, and I can see him refusing to work out for Philadelphia, making the choice fairly easy.

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

May 18 16 6:51 AM

Matthew wrote:
On a side note, I prier Ingram, but I have this hunch the Lakers wind up with Simmons. Simmons and his camp are making it a little way too obvious where he wants to go, and I can see him refusing to work out for Philadelphia, making the choice fairly easy.

The thing is, Simmons is a great fit in Philly with his passing skills, but I can see your point.   They have a crowded front court and Ingram is more a Kevin Durant player and he can fit on the wing which is a huge need for the Sixers.    I know that when Jim and Mitch see Simmons they see Magic (albeit without the personality or charisma).    I remember the biggest question regarding Magic when he was drafted was his lack of a shot, but he had a strong work ethic and worked hard to be a serviceable shooter.    I just don't know (from his time at LSU) whether Simmons has any work ethic and I have some character questions regarding the kid.    Either way, they both fit on the Lakers.    The one thing I can see from drafting Simmons is that it should end all Kevin Durant talk.  They would likely play the same position (wing) and at least Simmons does try to play defense.   Save the money for a rim protector and a two who will move Clarkson to a sixth man role (if he isn't traded).   I still think that trading Clarkson to get back into the first round would be a sound idea.    It appeared his game has plateaued and I don't think there are enough basketballs on the court to keep him, Russell and likely Simmons happy.    The Sixers at 25 might be where we deal Clarkson and take a shot at UNLV wing Patrick McCaw.   He is tall, a great passer and has decent range on his jumper.   His only downside is that he weighs less than 200 lbs.   Keep the 32 pick and go for a big man so that we can lose Black (who has zero offensive skills and only seems to know how to foul).  I like AJ Hammonds from Purdue.   Sure, he is slow, but he is massive and he can put the ball in the hoop.   Plus, that Big Ten thing doesn't hurt.  

I am kind of thinking we pocket some money this season and only target one max free agent.    As much as he scares me, I think that Jim and Mitch will go hard after Hassan Whiteside.   I just get the feeling that Whiteside is too injury prone and I worry about his past.   Then again, maybe Walton will be able to get to him.    I know some are hoping for Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli, but this feels too Ned Colletti for me and while surrounding yourself with players you are comfortable with, the reason the Warriors work is that Curry is such a strong leader and I don't see either Barnes or Ezeli being worth the money with the leaderless Lakers.  

Quote    Reply   

#137 [url]

Jun 3 16 10:39 AM

I had Warriors in 5 in the Finals. After watching their bench beat Cleveland by 15, I think I may have been generous.

It's going to be fun watching LeBron feel the effects of firing Blatt, in this series.

Quote    Reply   

#138 [url]

Jun 3 16 4:00 PM

Matthew wrote:
I had Warriors in 5 in the Finals. After watching their bench beat Cleveland by 15, I think I may have been generous.

It's going to be fun watching LeBron feel the effects of firing Blatt, in this series.

For me, it's going to be fun watching LeBron LOSE. Hate him. 

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

Jun 3 16 5:30 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Impossible for me to root for any team in the Bay area.

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Jun 3 16 9:04 PM

WildHare wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:
Matthew wrote:I had Warriors in 5 in the Finals. After watching their bench beat Cleveland by 15, I think I may have been generous.

Impossible for me to root for any team in the Bay area.

I make an exception for any team that has LeBron on it. Trust me, I take no pleasure in watching/listening to all the NorCal sports fans gloat over the Giants & Warriors. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help