Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Jun 4 16 5:51 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
WildHare wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:

For me, it's going to be fun watching LeBron LOSE. Hate him. 

Impossible for me to root for any team in the Bay area.

I make an exception for any team that has LeBron on it. Trust me, I take no pleasure in watching/listening to all the NorCal sports fans gloat over the Giants & Warriors. 

While I am no LBJ fan - I think he is butthurt because he isn't mentioned in the same breath as Magic, Jordan or Bird, being a grade A douchebag will do that - I am even a lesser fan of the bandwagon jumping Warrior fans.   When they first got Curry, you suddenly saw all of these former _____________ (fill in the blank) fans in the Bay Area suddenly become Warrior faithful, but none of them could tell you who Nate Thurmond, Jeff Mullins, Phil Smith, World B Free or even Rick Barry were.    Sorry, when your fanbase is a mercurial as the Warriors', I have zero respect for that team.    Real teams don't lose their fanbase when it turns to shit.   The minute this thing turns upside down, these so called fans will be back on the jocks of the Spurs, Heat or even the Lakers.   The Cavs kept their fanbase when it turned to crap and even though they got LBJ back, I still grieve for them because short of a miracle, they ain't getting a ring this year, either.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#143 [url]

Jun 5 16 6:37 PM

I'm not complaining, but it's utterly amazing how lopsided this series is. This reminds me of the 2002 Finals after the Lakers won the classic 7 game series against Sacramento only to make New Jersey (coached by that loser, of course) look like a JV squad. Although this seems worse.

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Jun 5 16 7:50 PM

Matthew wrote:
I'm not complaining, but it's utterly amazing how lopsided this series is. This reminds me of the 2002 Finals after the Lakers won the classic 7 game series against Sacramento only to make New Jersey (coached by that loser, of course) look like a JV squad. Although this seems worse.

The strength of the Western Conference vs Eastern is no joke. Even the horrible Lakers were able to win some of those matchups. The playoff structure needs to change because some really good teams in the West don't make the playoffs while shitty teams in the East do. 

Everytime the camera is on Luke, he looks so chill even when the team is trailing. Can't wait to get him and that system in LA. 

Quote    Reply   

#145 [url]

Jun 6 16 2:28 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Matthew wrote:

The strength of the Western Conference vs Eastern is no joke. Even the horrible Lakers were able to win some of those matchups. The playoff structure needs to change because some really good teams in the West don't make the playoffs while shitty teams in the East do. 

Everytime the camera is on Luke, he looks so chill even when the team is trailing. Can't wait to get him and that system in LA. 

I don't know if Walton even has a system, but he is inspiring confidence in Russell and Randle and if that is all it takes, I am good.   I mean, the Warriors just draft the best shooters in the world and by hitting an unreal amount of three-pointers, they really don't have to play sterling defense because their opponents have to get out of their comfort zone and try three pointers which is a losing proposition against the Warriors.    I mean, their defense isn't Spurs or Pacers' great, but by pure ability to shoot, they force whoever they play to shoot from distance or try to be a fastbreak squad and few teams in his league can run the break anymore.   I just noticed that when teams stick to their gameplan, they give the Warriors the most problems.   

Quote    Reply   

#147 [url]

Jun 12 16 11:35 AM

Or, perhaps I should have broken the above news in the style of Magic. Here it goes:

Laker Nation: I resigned from my VP position which means that, tomorrow, I won't be VP!

Quote    Reply   

#148 [url]

Jun 12 16 11:50 AM

Matthew wrote:
Or, perhaps I should have broken the above news in the style of Magic. Here it goes:

Laker Nation: I resigned from my VP position which means that, tomorrow, I won't be VP!

LOL He's a regular Yogi Berra minus the humor. 

Quote    Reply   

#150 [url]

Jun 19 16 4:28 PM

Normally I wouldn't care who wins game 7, but I'm rooting for Golden State because they have a Dodger's brother, and against Cleveland because I've always thought that Kevin Love's Uncle Mike is a dickhead.

Last Edited By: Norm Jun 19 16 4:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#152 [url]

Jun 19 16 8:52 PM

Just finished watching the Warriors choke and Ramsey Bolton go to the dogs. What a glorious evening. I am no fan of LeBron James, but I am even less of a fan the Warrior faithful (got zero problem with the team, they are what they are) and bandwagon jumping tendencies. Like I have said before, stick by your team through thick and thin. Too many of these so called fans are like the Gint faithful, come late to the game and then talk the big shit. I got money that a goodly amount of these fairweather fans will be back on the Bulls, Lakers, or Cavaliers jock shortly.

Now, on to the draft and see if Kupchak can do something right for a change. Don't know about trading Russell, but if you can get the number three pick (Dunn, Hield or even parlay that into more picks) if is something to consider. Seeing as how the Lakers have something like $67 million in cap space before we cut Nick Young, I think we can find a serviceable point guard to team with Clarkson.

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Jun 23 16 11:56 PM

For as much as I loathe them, the Celtics, largely, have done a lot of things right in their post-big 3 era to become a good team again. However, tonight proves once again that Danny Ainge, for all his strengths as a GM, really can't draft for shit. Talk about blowing it.

Meanwhile, despite the many awful decisions the Lakers have made in recent years, one of the few things they have gotten right in recent years is drafting, and this year looks to be no exception. I think Ingram will wind up being the best player in the draft, and I do like the Zubac pick. That one was surprising.

The most surprising thing of the night: for some odd reason, Brandon Ingram follows Chris Hatcher on Twitter. That's both odd and disturbing.

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Jun 25 16 7:59 PM

Sounds like the Lakers are going to make a big push to sign Hassan Whiteside. I can think of so many things wrong with that idea but he is a rim protector and he has offensive skills. I just worry about maturity, character and effort with this kid. Kid is still telling me the Lakers shouldl let Clarkson sign an offer sheet and get some compensation. He wants them to sign Conley and get some draft picks for next year.

Quote    Reply   

#160 [url]

Jul 4 16 10:36 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Durant to GSW…

Wow. Jerry West helping them create a dynasty.

Some dynasty.   One basketball, no center (both Ezeli and Bogut are heading to parts unknown) and one very weak bench after Igoudala and Livington with Barnes signing with Dallas.    Sure, they can shoot, but if Durant takes his usual ten to fifteen games off for an ingrown toenail, this team will be hard-pressed to even win sixty games.    Not saying they can't win the West, but if the Spurs add Gasol and with up and coming teams in Portland, Phoenix and Utah, the Warriors may not be able to mail it in like last year.    Lakers are still futzed, but with some luck and a career year from Mozgov and Russell, they could sneak into an eighth seed (although 35 wins would be my best expectation).  Well, Russell Westbrook in a Laker uniform (in 2017) actually looks doable.   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help