Remove this ad

#161 [url]

Jul 4 16 12:51 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

Some dynasty.   One basketball, no center (both Ezeli and Bogut are heading to parts unknown) and one very weak bench after Igoudala and Livington with Barnes signing with Dallas.    Sure, they can shoot, but if Durant takes his usual ten to fifteen games off for an ingrown toenail, this team will be hard-pressed to even win sixty games.    Not saying they can't win the West, but if the Spurs add Gasol and with up and coming teams in Portland, Phoenix and Utah, the Warriors may not be able to mail it in like last year.    Lakers are still futzed, but with some luck and a career year from Mozgov and Russell, they could sneak into an eighth seed (although 35 wins would be my best expectation).  Well, Russell Westbrook in a Laker uniform (in 2017) actually looks doable.   

You've pretty much summed up my thoughts.  It seems like every five years, there's some "dream team" that gets formed, and all we hear is how it's all over and you might as well hand them the next 3-4 NBA titles, right now... and somehow, it never quite plays out like that.  Which isn't to say that GSW can't win it next year, it's hard not to see them as the favorite, but then again, the same was said this year.  As you said, their bench, which was huge for them, is thinning out, and with Curry about ready to get paid in a couple of years, it's going to be hard to keep this nucleus around for very long.  Also, right after you mentioned Gasol to the Spurs, it looks like it's now being finalized.  He will be great for them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#162 [url]

Jul 9 16 6:10 PM

Someone from on high needs to muzzle James Worthy. Before any of that, point out to the moron that D'Angelo Russell did NOT get your butt buddy Byron Scott fired. His tenure as the WORST head coach in the history of the NBA got him fired.

His hatred for everything Russell does is beyond belief.

Quote    Reply   

#163 [url]

Jul 9 16 6:32 PM

ocmike24 wrote:
Someone from on high needs to muzzle James Worthy. Before any of that, point out to the moron that D'Angelo Russell did NOT get your butt buddy Byron Scott fired. His tenure as the WORST head coach in the history of the NBA got him fired.

His hatred for everything Russell does is beyond belief.
And of course now he's fluffing him hard.  Ridiculous.

Quote    Reply   

#164 [url]

Oct 26 16 8:29 PM

Well, at least you can say this is entertaining.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#165 [url]

Oct 29 16 9:19 AM

ocmike24 wrote:

Even though I know this team's ceiling is probably 30+ wins, the past two games (even the loss) has been more enjoyable to watch than the last three years.  It actually looks like a semblance of an NBA team out there, with some sort of plan not from the 1980s.  Under Scott, this team would have been 0-2, and they would have been blown out by 20, last night, and buried in their foxhole.  Watching these guys let loose should make for an entertaining season.

At the very least, there was a point where we can say the Lakers had a better record than the Golden State Warriors.  So, there's that.

Quote    Reply   

#166 [url]

Oct 31 16 4:38 PM

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:

Even though I know this team's ceiling is probably 30+ wins, the past two games (even the loss) has been more enjoyable to watch than the last three years.  It actually looks like a semblance of an NBA team out there, with some sort of plan not from the 1980s.  Under Scott, this team would have been 0-2, and they would have been blown out by 20, last night, and buried in their foxhole.  Watching these guys let loose should make for an entertaining season.

At the very least, there was a point where we can say the Lakers had a better record than the Golden State Warriors.  So, there's that.

I like what I am seeing also.   Sure, Russell is going to have more 6-20 nights and I am okay with that.  The kid looks like he is having fun and this team can run up and down the court.   Defense could be an issue, especially with Nick Young getting long minutes at small forward and Randle biting on every first move.  Mozgov isn't awful and neither is Deng.   Still think it makes more sense to play Clarkson, Williams and Russell at the same time.  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help