Remove this ad

#3581 [url]

Oct 14 15 7:00 AM

Great line:

Gonzalez, who is known as one of the slower players on the team, scored from first base on the play.

"I've got a second gear," Gonzalez joked. "I don't have a third or fourth, but I have a second."

Remove this ad

#3583 [url]

Oct 14 15 9:42 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Finally able to get back on the site. I guess Yuku had some issues. Couldn't watch last night's game, spent the entire game sitting on the deck waiting for updates on my phone. It is so ingrained that we are going to find a way to screw the pooch and even though Hatcher and Kenley are pretty much nails, I was fully expecting an error, wild pitch, balk and an umpire's call to give the game to the Mets. Looked like the umps gave Wright a walk but Kenley wasn't having any. I wish I could feel confident about Thursday, but I cannot get past the gnawing feeling that we are going to get bit in the arse by the umps.
Good to have it back.  It allowed some posting last night, but as soon as you left that thread, poof, it was gone.  As far as I know, BCM started the first game thread Tuesday, so she should be in line for tomorrow night.  Speaking of which, I'm making the long 3.5 hour flight to LA for tomorrow night's game.  Yeah, it's insane to spend 7 hours round trip on a plane for a 3+ hour game, but I just cannot take any more of those east coast TBS'ers.  I truly thought they were going to openly weep at the end of last night's game.  Worst bias on a national telecast I have ever seen.  They were the most despondent crew since Dick Nen hit one on the roof in St. Louis, much to Harry Caray's dismay!

Going to see if this actually posts.  Lots more thoughts on last night's game.  The ones on last night's game threads appear to be lost in cyberspace.

#3584 [url]

Oct 14 15 9:50 AM

Wow, it looks like the site is sort of working. Still doing some odd stuff, but it does accept and display posts, which is way better than the last 24+ hours.

Kenley had Wright struck out in the 8th on that pitch in TWO ways. First, he foul tipped the ball on the check swing. Then, on the replay, it was clearly NOT a checked swing. Not sure the Dodgers even appealed the checked swing, but AJ was five steps toward the dugout knowing it was a foul tip strike three. Like Grabs, I feared the game might turn on that, but Kenley got it done.

#3585 [url]

Oct 14 15 9:52 AM

beefchopper wrote:
Great line:

Gonzalez, who is known as one of the slower players on the team, scored from first base on the play.

"I've got a second gear," Gonzalez joked. "I don't have a third or fourth, but I have a second."

Ha!  That's funny.  How could they NOT score an error on Cespedes on that play.  Off the wall it clanked his glove and then he kicked the ball 30 feet.  No way AGon scores from first on a double down the left field line, otherwise.

#3586 [url]

Oct 14 15 10:47 AM

WildHare wrote:

beefchopper wrote:Great line:


Gonzalez, who is known as one of the slower players on the team, scored from first base on the play.


"I've got a second gear," Gonzalez joked. "I don't have a third or fourth, but I have a second."

Ha!  That's funny.  How could they NOT score an error on Cespedes on that play.  Off the wall it clanked his glove and then he kicked the ball 30 feet.  No way AGon scores from first on a double down the left field line, otherwise.

TBS has had some wide shots of scoring plays and I can't applaud Roenicke enough on his expertise coaching at 3B. He's been an absolute God-send after so many bad ones over the years. Would love, love, love to have him back if he was willing. 

#3587 [url]

Oct 14 15 11:07 AM

This really ought to be the last straw with Yuku. I headed over to Dodgers Digest last night for the first hour of the game. But they have 200-300 people posting at once during those game threads. Can't keep up - it's actually rather stressful.

Can we move, please?

#3588 [url]

Oct 14 15 11:16 AM

monsooner wrote:
This really ought to be the last straw with Yuku. I headed over to Dodgers Digest last night for the first hour of the game. But they have 200-300 people posting at once during those game threads. Can't keep up - it's actually rather stressful.

Can we move, please?

I hate their commenting software too. I get a migraine trying to follow it. TBLA (SB Nation) has the best, easiest, and most user friendly. 

#3589 [url]

Oct 14 15 12:09 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
monsooner wrote:
This really ought to be the last straw with Yuku. I headed over to Dodgers Digest last night for the first hour of the game. But they have 200-300 people posting at once during those game threads. Can't keep up - it's actually rather stressful.

Can we move, please?

I hate their commenting software too. I get a migraine trying to follow it. TBLA (SB Nation) has the best, easiest, and most user friendly. 
I agree. TBLA has a good comment system.

#3590 [url]

Oct 14 15 1:35 PM

@Dodgers: The Dodgers have claimed RHP Brooks Brown from @Rockies and designated RHP Jim Johnson for assignment.

Remove this ad

#3591 [url]

Oct 14 15 1:35 PM

@DaraZaneScully: Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the out pouring of thoughts and prayers to our family. Dad is home and doing so well, we are very

@DaraZaneScully: happy and relieved with his progress. Your thoughts, prayers and gestures of kindness are so appreciated! #dodgerfam from my sis in law.

#3594 [url]

Oct 14 15 9:13 PM

I know it won't happen and it sounds sadistic, but as a former pitcher I would love to see the Royals drill that guy. Can't stand him.

#3597 [url]

Oct 15 15 5:11 AM

Matthew wrote:
@DaraZaneScully: Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the out pouring of thoughts and prayers to our family. Dad is home and doing so well, we are very

@DaraZaneScully: happy and relieved with his progress. Your thoughts, prayers and gestures of kindness are so appreciated! #dodgerfam from my sis in law.

Was it ever revealed what was actually wrong with Vin?

#3599 [url]

Oct 15 15 6:29 AM

beefchopper wrote:
UCSB07 wrote:
Best bat flip EVER!! coutousy of Bautista, how can anyone very complain about puig?

http://gfycat.com/EthicalOilyHatchetfish

If he had done that when either Drysdale or Gibson was pitching he'd be carried off the field and straight to the hospital right after his next at bat.
This is a fact.   Given that no one would do such a thing back in the day, I could even see Drysdale or Gibson throwing at the guy as he crossed home after his trot.  

#3600 [url]

Oct 15 15 7:10 AM

Yuku is erasing posts.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help