Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 1 12 10:10 PM

Tags : :

Greg, we can set the reply threshold wherever we like: 25, 50, 75, 100.  

The BAM is (potentially) back!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 1 12 10:15 PM

Very easy to upload photos (like this handsome devil on the golf course in Pacific Grove a month ago) from Facebook, or, Yuku gives a link to photobucket as well.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 4 12 8:56 PM

Kyle, is that the Marin headlands in the background or am I on the wrong side of the bay?   Reminds me I need to get in eighteen holes and right soon.   Spent today herding two ungrateful daughters to Mass today if they wanted breakfast.   The downside, every decent breakfast restaurant was packed to the gills.   Mind you, this smile I am wearing is well earned.   I surmise that the promise of being waited on being replaced by the drive-thru at Jack in the Box didn't satisfy their demand for being catered to.   Even worse, informing them that the Mary & Chris Laundry Service is striking for better pay and hours.    One would've thought that the world was coming down on their pointed little heads. 

Enough about the ungrateful.  Mary and I took in Cloud Atlas.   My word, it is one long movie, but in one word....WOW!  Talk about amazing.  I cannot wait until it comes out in Blu-Ray just so I can see without worrying about my backside falling asleep.    Can't wait until next Friday to see Skyfall.  Boy is even coming home because a movie is more entertaining when Dad pays for the tickets.   Oh yeah, took Mary and Katja to see Paranormal Activity 4.  They watched the movie with their hands over their face.  Me, I jumped out of the seat about five times.  The ending is a killer, nearly as good as Sinister. 

BTW, where we setting the BAM at?  Every twenty posts?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 8 12 8:17 AM

Chris, you are one good papa. And patient. I striked on laundry back in 1995. :)

That pic is the 4th hole at Pacific Grove muni - the course I grew up on. Actually, I grew up playing Pebble and Spyglass for free once a month, too (I worked the driving range as a teenager). But PG muni is a very nice city course - one of the best.

Can't wait for Skyfall! We're gonna do a mini-007 marathon tonight at home.

We can set the BAM wherever we want. I think right now it's set for 20. But we can do 117 or 3 and everything in between.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 8 12 12:21 PM

25 works for me. Trying to keep the score under ninety today with a biting wind and some really soft greens. Waiting behind two foursomes on ten. I think this one guy is up to ten strokes on a par four and he still hasn't gotten near the green.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 8 12 4:42 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
25 works for me. Trying to keep the score under ninety today with a biting wind and some really soft greens. Waiting behind two foursomes on ten. I think this one guy is up to ten strokes on a par four and he still hasn't gotten near the green.

Oh, how I HATE waiting on the course for guys like that!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 8 12 6:41 PM

Thing is, by being stuck behind these stiffs, I was able to concentrate more and managed to card an 82.   Given the wind and rain, I will take that every day.   Herself is pissed at me, though.  She couldn't hit anything straight and finished with an 84 and one broken putter.  She wrapped it around a tree when she choked on a five foot putt.   It was funny watching her try to use my putter with the foot plus difference in our height (I use a belly putter).  Never saw someone choke up on the thing before.  Much hilarity.   

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 9 12 8:08 AM

No golf today. A pretty decent rainstorm hit last night and I suspect the course is likely under water. That is okay, Herself has me prepared to be chauffeur and bag carrier today anyway. She needs to buy a new putter, she even is considering a belly putter after finding that my abomination is not evil. She is also on her pilgrimage to find the perfect turkey for Thanksgiving. Seeing as how the in-laws will be here, I am being forced to make a turkey even though I despise the bird with a passion. I know she is also behind on her Christmas shopping and seeing as how there is new upscale outlet mall in Livermore, I would guess she will christen it with her presence. The only thing I am hoping for is lunch at the Melo's in Pleasant Hill, I am craving some gnocchi and they have the best in this area. Gotta make sure the middle child is awake, she didn't come in until after midnight last night and she is supposed to be at work in less than an hour. I think I will send Herself in to make sure she is awake, the last time I got hit with a shoe when Katja was having a fit because she couldn't get her hair right. Bad hair days are nearly as frightening as hangovers in this house.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 16 12 12:15 PM

Cool thing about YUKU, too, is the post count is listed at the top right of each post. So for BAMMING purposes, it truly is BACK!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 16 12 6:32 PM

What a wonderful day. Raining, picking up the sister in law at SFO and negotiating two bridges (Golden Gate and San Rafael) just to get home before deluge hits. At least Grace got the time right and we didn't have to wait too long. I wish I had known that she was bringing enough luggage for a good size college football team. She was lucky, almost dropped her at a flophouse when she started to crack wise. Lovely drive, nearly got hit about eleven times - seems that signaling before one changes lanes is not a required part of the California driver's test. Won't even get into the CHP doing the hydroplane across a couple lanes of traffic on 101.

I will give Grace this, she has gall. As soon as I schlepped her luggage to her room for the next two weeks she suggested I treat her, the girls and the Brazilian to dinner. I asked her to do something that is physically impossible for her gender without the aid of a battery operated tool. Ah, the classics. Girls saved the day by running to Panda Express. I am waiting for Grace to say that PF Changs is better. It will only get better when Carmen arrives on Sunday. I will be surrounded by a herd (gaggle) of Brazilians. Pray for me.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 16 12 7:41 PM

pastorkc wrote:
Cool thing about YUKU, too, is the post count is listed at the top right of each post. So for BAMMING purposes, it truly is BACK!

Only if we get the icky and cooties back in here to play.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 19 12 3:07 PM

Having fun today, aside from dealing with Carmen and her mid life crisis - who knew women had the same issue. Seems her present boyfriend is only 25 and she is concerned because other than sex they have nothing in common. Well, duh! She is nearly thirty years older than him and his biggest interests are gaming, partying and hanging out with other 25 year olds. It also worries her that the kid's mother is almost fifteen years younger than her. I enjoyed this, though. There is little love lost between us and the fact that her love life sucks is appreciated by me to no end. It was all I could do to not giggle mercilessly at her misfortune.

Watching Top Gear - one of the best shows on tv, bar none - and also seeing where the bidding is going on the case of Hostess Halloween Sno-Balls is going. I know it is stupid and someone will buy the brand and continue the fine history of Twinkies, Ding-Dongs and Ho-Ho's, but that Hostess logo is what I am looking for. Besides, I love Sno-Balls. What can I say? They are my guilty pleasure along with Xanadu, Thirteenth Warrior and reruns of the Munsters.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 21 12 8:46 AM

Nice quiet morning - much different than yesterday's cluster frog. Had waffles and bacon with Paula and just finished a long conversation with Katja before she headed out to work. She is pretty happy which is great after how sad and depressed she was less than a month ago. Dying her hair blond seems to have worked for her. Still not used to it, but that simple act seemed to make her happier. She wants to do lunch today and seeing as how the Brazilian contingent is planning on spending the day in the City, it sounds like a plan for me. I hope Mary and her sisters realize that traffic will be a bear today, but far be it from me to inform them of that tidbit.

Boy gets home today and the plan is to have dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings because the kiddage love that place. I can just see Carmen and Grace trying to eat wings with a knife and fork. I am sure we will be called barbarians because it isn't a good meal at BWW unless you get your face, hands and clothes covered in sauce. Boy is persistent. His X-Box is taking a dump and he has made it clear he needs the Halo version of an X-Box, which got his sisters to ask for the Wii-U. I have to admit the Wii-U looks like fun and it might be Wii-U's all around for Christmas. Already got two Christmas lists. Katja just wants clothes. She says she is getting too old and mature (here is where I laugh) for short skirts and belly button exposing jeans. Gift card will be easiest for her, I think she shops at the small girl section and I don't need to ask some lady for help finding stuff for a size 2. See Paula is easy, she will just give me the catalog with the stuff she wants circled and the size written in the margin. That is the only reason I know she is now a size 6 or 8 depending on what she ate for dinner. I am expecting Herself to give me her unabridged Christmas list shortly. Something about a new set of clubs was mentioned earlier this month, so I will start there.

Well, it is raining here and the turkey has been marinated in cajun spices. The demand for a ham was made and approved. That is also marinated in Chris' Secret Ham Marinade. Might have to put one of the girls to work on the spuds tomorrow and the request has been made for homemade cranberry sauce. Here I was hoping to go see a movie tomorrow, but that plan looks to be a non-starter. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving in case I am in the weeds tomorrow and can't log on.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 23 12 7:22 AM

Ah, the sound of silence! Wimmenfolk are out spurring the economy, one child is at work, one is hunched over her laptop trying to get her Christmas shopping done the third got volunteered to be bag carrier and overall manservant. Best Black Friday ever.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 23 12 11:09 AM

I'm off on a Black Friday for the first time in 20 years. Toes is working. TV is off. My back is killing me after I did 90% of the cooking yesterday (the turkey wasn't great--hated the recipe and it took forever to cook--but the sides were awesome, if I do say so myself). So, sitting in my bathrobe in a quiet apartment, typing on the macbook pro and laughing at the videos of the wackadoodles in the stores.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 23 12 7:02 PM

Spent my Black Friday repainting the front year light post and metal/screen door. The wife has been visiting her mom in Weaverville all week. The house has been a nice, uneventful hideaway. Black Friday is best spent never even starting up the truck.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 24 12 12:17 AM

Oh, Apple, I can't resist you. Just pulled the trigger on an iPad 4 (my first).

I was originally going to get an iPhone 5 in October, and then Apple changed their iPad release schedule, and then my aged (but trusty) Macbook's battery started to swell. Instead of investing the money on an aging laptop, I figured I might as well put the money towards something new. But, darn, did I kill myself all day trying to resist, until the ghost of Jobs came in me and convinced me to pull the trigger at 11:55 P.M.  The 5 will have to wait a few more months.

While I have this sinking feeling after dropping $800, I am pretty stoked. Should be fun.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 24 12 7:41 AM

pastorkc wrote:
Spent my Black Friday repainting the front year light post and metal/screen door. The wife has been visiting her mom in Weaverville all week. The house has been a nice, uneventful hideaway. Black Friday is best spent never even starting up the truck.

Wish I could've said that.   I promised myself I wouldn't leave the confines of my office, but thanks to a huge run on Wii-U's at just about everywhere, I had to race the devil to Game Stop to pick up the last console.  The things I do for my wife.   Of course, as I was out, I decided to risk life and limb and actually shop among the common folk smiley: eek     Managed to complete one child's list as she just wants clothes and the odd half dozen video games.   Luckily, she left a concise list including sizes, colors, brand names and game list including platforms and ratings.   That child is getting a nice surprise for Christmas - jewelry.    Oh, never go near a jewelry store on Black Friday, nearly got de-horned by an angry six year old when her mother wouldn't go to the Hello Kitty Store.   Speaking of which, managed to drop some serious coin at that emporium to anamorphic cats.   Really, Hello Kitty Toaster?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 24 12 7:47 AM

Matthew wrote:
Oh, Apple, I can't resist you. Just pulled the trigger on an iPad 4 (my first).

I was originally going to get an iPhone 5 in October, and then Apple changed their iPad release schedule, and then my aged (but trusty) Macbook's battery started to swell. Instead of investing the money on an aging laptop, I figured I might as well put the money towards something new. But, darn, did I kill myself all day trying to resist, until the ghost of Jobs came in me and convinced me to pull the trigger at 11:55 P.M.  The 5 will have to wait a few more months.

While I have this sinking feeling after dropping $800, I am pretty stoked. Should be fun.
Good.  I am not the only one who hears the siren song from the ghost of Jobs.   My only request for this holiday is a new iMac as my present beast is starting to show it's age and is looking to be ready for the computer graveyard.   Mind you, an iPad would be great, also.   Seeing as how Herself has hers and is not willing to share or even let me look at it longingly.   I am noting that a rather familiar shaped box - wrapped of course - is in the living room where the Christmas tree will be placed so I am hoping that someone actually did listen to me for a change.   Speaking of trees, tomorrow morning at 8am, all those who want Christmas gifts in this household best be in attendance for the assemblage, mental meltdown and 40-minute rant on the freakin' pagan custom of a tree.  smiley: mad

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help