Remove this ad

#1241 [url]

Dec 22 16 5:32 AM

Did my best short order cook impersonation. Five orders of pancakes and sausage, two wanted wafffles with bacon in them, two more wanted omelets and one had to have French Toast and ham - that one being Herself who has to be difficult. They are now eating and I am enjoying my cup of decaf and a bagel. Hope they know they are cleaning up that mess in the kitchen. It is only as loud as a small aiport in there, but it is nice and quiet here untll they figure out I am not there. Like last night, they are eating dessert (homemade German Chocolate cake) when they realized i was having a bowl of popcorn and watching the UCLA game in my office. Suddenly, I have a baby in my lap and two girls thinking I am a pillow. A bony ass pillow, but what do I know? Gotta plan dinner for this crew. Thinking a pot of chili and some jalapeno corn bread would be great. Domi told me she is thinking of being a vegetarian. Going to have to dispel that idea, we are carnivores here.

Sure enough, here is Katja with her plate wanting to talk to me. With the big eyes and pouty look, I think I am shopping today with her and I am footing the bill. Girl is holding onto her Christmas surprise because noone has a hint what it is. I hope it isn't that she isn't graduating this spring. Well, I am done for the morning. I just got a baby to keep me company while some get cleaned up.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1242 [url]

Dec 22 16 6:55 AM

Bayley and I are sitting here waiting for Paula and Katja to get ready so they can do some last minute shopping. I am there for the wallet and to push the baby along. I don't even know where we are going just that it is starting to snow and I have to pick up lunch on the way back. Chili is in the slow cooker, baby seat is in the ride and we are both dressed for the cold. I give them five minutes before I yell last call. The sad part is that everyone else is out the door and on their way to a different mall. Looks like I also get Andrew. He is ring shopping still. Well, that makes sense, I offered to buy the ring and if he wants to mainatin the suprise, it makes perfect sense for him to join us. At least I will have someone to talk to who doesn't speak gibberish. Funny story, yesterday. We are looking at rings and the salesgirl thought we were getting married. Had that Seinfeld moment where we aren't a couple but there is nothing wrong with that. Andrew did get in a quick jab saying he thought he could do better than an old man with long hair and a kid - I was walking the baby. Zap.

There are four full length mirrors in this place and yet I am asked how the girls look. I am the last person anyone should ask how they look. I don't know shit and in my present mood, they could come out dressed in rags and I would say it looks good. Great, Bayley is grunting. Never a good sign. Time to yell for her mother because this child gets ripe quickly. Don't know all they feed this kid but she can clear a sinus is no time flat.

Quote    Reply   

#1243 [url]

Dec 22 16 9:20 PM

Hi, all you guys. I am looking at the most cutest photo op I have ever seen. Chris is in his chair with Bayley sleeping on his chest. It was so cute, Paula did not want to wake either one up. It just stopped snowing and it is mostly cloudy with a couple stars out. The kids are playing video games in the living room and I am sitting here in Chris's office watching Flip or Flop. We did some shopping today and Chris took Andy out to get Tatianna a ring. It is beautiful. She likes emeralds so they found a wedding set that only cost 3,000 Canadian, but Chris did not even bat an eye. Andy still has not come down off of cloud nine. He says he will wrap it up in a tiny box surrounded by bigger and bigger boxes. I am going to tape this, for sure. I better have lots of Kleenex because I think there will be some crying.

Found a gift for Chris that he talked about last summer and I had forgotten. Nothing major, just a Japanese anime figure he wanted. I have to thank the Boy for pointing it out because like I said I had forgotten. If he reads this tomorrow, he will know my secret but I am hoping he will be too busy getting the XMas Eve dinner set up and the girls want to go to Vermont in the morning to drop off some presents with some certain cousins. I got a bunch of last minute wrapping to do and I want to make some cookies for XMas. Just caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I am a fright. Hair all over the place, I am wearing one of Chris's old flannel shirts and a pair of tights with too many holes. Hey, they are comfortable. Maybe I will take a soak and try for sexy tonight. It is only midnight. plenty of time for some scrabble if I can wake up Chris. Okay, the baby is waking up. I guess she is either hungry or needs a new diaper. Oh, that is bad She needs a diaper. Looks like I get to play grandma and powder her bum.

Last Edited By: golfergirl Dec 25 16 2:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1244 [url]

Dec 25 16 2:26 PM

Merry XMas all of you guys! I hope everyone got something nice under the tree and are with their loved ones. I can smell the ham and prime rib cooking and I have the kids picking up all of the paper and bows. We just finished opening up the gifts and everyone did okay. Paula was kind of upset because, at first, all she got was a new metal briefcase and some clothes while everyone else got tons. Then Chris vanishes and comes back with a long rectangle box. He tells Paula that Santa got lost because of all of the people in the house and could not find a place to put this gift. She opens it up and starts to cry. It is a black and white bass guitar that was really pretty. Paula almost knocked over Chris when she hugged him. She then sat down and started to play and even without an amp, it sounded really good. We had fun last night too when Andrew proposed to Tatianna and she said yes. They are now trying to figure out a date. Seeing as how Tatianna is sending out resumes up here, I think she is planning on moving back to Montreal and hopes that Andrew feels the same. Maybe he can find a teaching job up here, but that is up to them.

Okay, I gotta go back to playing with the baby. She just woke up and Paula is feeding her now. Talking about Paula, she is showing a belly now. A second grandbaby will be great. Bayley is now fed, changed and ready to play with me. Later on and I hope everyone is having fun.

Quote    Reply   

#1245 [url]

Dec 27 16 7:05 AM

Okay, the house is back to empty save Pointy. Got all of the Christmas swag sent out on Fed Ex this morning - it is cheaper than paying for additional luggage on their flights. Today, we will be taking down the Christmas stuff and getting it packed away. After all of this, get to have a long talk with Pointy. She blew off the job in Barbados because she was feeling overly anxious about being alone and it was something we were worried about. She has a job offer from a pharmaceutical firm in New Jersey and her area would be Vermont, Southern Quebec, upstate New York and New Hampshire with four other women. She has a second interview tomororw in New Jersey, but the head hunter told her that she is a lock to get the job because her first interview went so well. I will not lie, I am happy over this. Even though both Herself and I were a bit miffed about buying her a place in Barbados, we are happy about this development. It makes it easier to go through with the decision to put the place on St. Thomas on the market. We figure that January would be a good time to get it on the market and we can use the place in Barbados for vacation breaks. Tatianna won't be happy but she was hemming and hawing around coming back up here, also. Figure this will be a conversation for a later day. Well, gotta go. Herself and Pointy have all of the ornaments in boxes and need help taking down the tree.

Quote    Reply   

#1246 [url]

Dec 27 16 9:45 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Okay, the house is back to empty save Pointy. Got all of the Christmas swag sent out on Fed Ex this morning - it is cheaper than paying for additional luggage on their flights. Today, we will be taking down the Christmas stuff and getting it packed away. After all of this, get to have a long talk with Pointy. She blew off the job in Barbados because she was feeling overly anxious about being alone and it was something we were worried about. She has a job offer from a pharmaceutical firm in New Jersey and her area would be Vermont, Southern Quebec, upstate New York and New Hampshire with four other women. She has a second interview tomororw in New Jersey, but the head hunter told her that she is a lock to get the job because her first interview went so well. I will not lie, I am happy over this. Even though both Herself and I were a bit miffed about buying her a place in Barbados, we are happy about this development. It makes it easier to go through with the decision to put the place on St. Thomas on the market. We figure that January would be a good time to get it on the market and we can use the place in Barbados for vacation breaks. Tatianna won't be happy but she was hemming and hawing around coming back up here, also. Figure this will be a conversation for a later day. Well, gotta go. Herself and Pointy have all of the ornaments in boxes and need help taking down the tree.
Don't envt you going through multiple real estate transactions.  We've had more than enough of those in the last fifteen years (twelve in three states), and few go without a snag.  It's hard enough trying to buy a vehicle.  I've been drooling over the redesigned Ford Raptor since it was in design stages.  (It's my avatar.)  The new one is just beginning to trickle in to dealers.  I put my name on the local Ford dealer's waiting list months ago and was told I was #14 in line.  I was at the dealer getting some routine service on my Explorer Sport (love that vehicle, too--similar twin turbo engine as the Raptore) and they have only received two Raptors, so far.  They may not even get allotted 14 this year, so I have been searching on my own.  

Dealers around here are marking them up $5K-$10K OVER sticker, and the sticker is already a lot.  I found a country dealer about 60 miles from here who said they had one coming and would sell it at sticker, or at least that's what the salesman said, and he emailed me the drive out price including tax, title, license.  He said it was about two weeks out and he would need a deposit of $1K, to which I readily agreed.  After giving my AmEx number to the finance manager, the salesman got back on the line and tried to drop the $5K over sticker line on me.  I called back to the finance manager and told him I had an email showing my drive out price, which was sticker plus TTL, and he started stammering and said he would call me back.  He called me back and said the general manager agreed to sell it at sticker.  I have little faith that this will happen when some fool comes along and is willing to pay the extra $5K between now and the time it shows up via rail.  Pretty dicey and I may need the services of an attorney before this thing is done.  Is your license good in Texas, Chris?smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

#1247 [url]

Dec 27 16 1:16 PM

WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Don't envt you going through multiple real estate transactions.  We've had more than enough of those in the last fifteen years (twelve in three states), and few go without a snag.  It's hard enough trying to buy a vehicle.  I've been drooling over the redesigned Ford Raptor since it was in design stages.  (It's my avatar.)  The new one is just beginning to trickle in to dealers.  I put my name on the local Ford dealer's waiting list months ago and was told I was #14 in line.  I was at the dealer getting some routine service on my Explorer Sport (love that vehicle, too--similar twin turbo engine as the Raptore) and they have only received two Raptors, so far.  They may not even get allotted 14 this year, so I have been searching on my own.  

Dealers around here are marking them up $5K-$10K OVER sticker, and the sticker is already a lot.  I found a country dealer about 60 miles from here who said they had one coming and would sell it at sticker, or at least that's what the salesman said, and he emailed me the drive out price including tax, title, license.  He said it was about two weeks out and he would need a deposit of $1K, to which I readily agreed.  After giving my AmEx number to the finance manager, the salesman got back on the line and tried to drop the $5K over sticker line on me.  I called back to the finance manager and told him I had an email showing my drive out price, which was sticker plus TTL, and he started stammering and said he would call me back.  He called me back and said the general manager agreed to sell it at sticker.  I have little faith that this will happen when some fool comes along and is willing to pay the extra $5K between now and the time it shows up via rail.  Pretty dicey and I may need the services of an attorney before this thing is done.  Is your license good in Texas, Chris?smiley: wink

No, but I know some really vicious litigators in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area who are bloodthirsty. One, I attended law school with and his arguments in torts were epic. If you have something like a e-mail guaranteeing an agreement on price and you have met the conditions set forth in the agreement, you have them by shorthairs or at least in the liberal lands of Washington, New York and California. Yeah, selling the place in St. Thomas will be a challenge,but as the house is owned by a family trust PO boxed in Charlotte Amalie, I just got make sure my check for the capital gains tax is figured correctly. I am hoping to be done with the place by the first day of summer. Just had a long discussion with the realtor who is handling this and she thinks I am giving the house away, but I bought for at a give away price and it isn't like my retirement is based on maxing out my return. We just have to fly down, clear the place for staging and wait for the bids.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1248 [url]

Dec 28 16 2:10 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

No, but I know some really vicious litigators in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area who are bloodthirsty. One, I attended law school with and his arguments in torts were epic. If you have something like a e-mail guaranteeing an agreement on price and you have met the conditions set forth in the agreement, you have them by shorthairs or at least in the liberal lands of Washington, New York and California. Yeah, selling the place in St. Thomas will be a challenge,but as the house is owned by a family trust PO boxed in Charlotte Amalie, I just got make sure my check for the capital gains tax is figured correctly. I am hoping to be done with the place by the first day of summer. Just had a long discussion with the realtor who is handling this and she thinks I am giving the house away, but I bought for at a give away price and it isn't like my retirement is based on maxing out my return. We just have to fly down, clear the place for staging and wait for the bids.
It's crazy.  I've contacted about every dealer in the continental U.S. who has a Raptor in stock, and most are asking (demanding) $10K over sticker.  Some are holding the line at $5K, so the dealer who agreed to sticker price and sent me the drive out price, has probably fired that salesman.  I am sure they will try to weasel out before the vehicle arrives.  When the finance manager called me back to reluctantly say that he would sell it at the previously agreed to price, he said he wasn't going to run my credit card through for the deposit.  After I thought about that I emailed him back and said to run it through.  So far, he hasn't, and I'm expecting some lame excuse like, "Salesman X didn't know this vehicle was being held for you, and sold it to someone else."  Haven't heard of car dealers who leave $5K on the table for the sake of integrity.  

Quote    Reply   

#1249 [url]

Dec 29 16 8:48 AM

WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
WildHare wrote:

It's crazy.  I've contacted about every dealer in the continental U.S. who has a Raptor in stock, and most are asking (demanding) $10K over sticker.  Some are holding the line at $5K, so the dealer who agreed to sticker price and sent me the drive out price, has probably fired that salesman.  I am sure they will try to weasel out before the vehicle arrives.  When the finance manager called me back to reluctantly say that he would sell it at the previously agreed to price, he said he wasn't going to run my credit card through for the deposit.  After I thought about that I emailed him back and said to run it through.  So far, he hasn't, and I'm expecting some lame excuse like, "Salesman X didn't know this vehicle was being held for you, and sold it to someone else."  Haven't heard of car dealers who leave $5K on the table for the sake of integrity.  

This is a worry.   The fact that they will not take your deposit leaves me to believe they will play the "Whoops" card and say they sold the vehicle earmarked for you to someone willing to pay the extra freight.   Then it will be a "he said, she said" type of thing regarding the deposit.   Some kind of paper trail might be helpful in this matter.   Send some e-mails or even a fax or two asking to credit your card for the deposit until they do.   It might not change anything, but even the most skeeziest dealer doesn't want it out that he wouldn't take money even if the deal is bad for him.   In a court of law, not taking a deposit isn't illegal, just stupid and unethical.   But, if this goes upside down, maybe talking to a local TV news about this might be enough for the dealer to avoid some bad publicity.   Even with the economy perking up, a car dealer still tries to avoid bad press like the plague.   

Speaking of vehicles, the middle child is hemming and hawing around needing a new vehicle if she gets the job with Vertical Pharma.   She is willing to trade in her prized VW Bug for a Mercedes GLA.   We will know on Saturday and if she gets the job and then I will start on the idea of her starting work in late May, so we will have to ship her Bug here even though I will likely be forced by Herself to buy the Mercedes for her  before then as a graduation gift and then let her decide what she wants to do with the Bug.    At least the girl has good taste.   The Mercedes is nice and relatively economical.   The maintenance costs will be the issue, but she is getting more responsible in taking care of her car, so maybe this will continue.  

Quote    Reply   

#1250 [url]

Dec 29 16 3:26 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

This is a worry.   The fact that they will not take your deposit leaves me to believe they will play the "Whoops" card and say they sold the vehicle earmarked for you to someone willing to pay the extra freight.   Then it will be a "he said, she said" type of thing regarding the deposit.   Some kind of paper trail might be helpful in this matter.   Send some e-mails or even a fax or two asking to credit your card for the deposit until they do.   It might not change anything, but even the most skeeziest dealer doesn't want it out that he wouldn't take money even if the deal is bad for him.   In a court of law, not taking a deposit isn't illegal, just stupid and unethical.   But, if this goes upside down, maybe talking to a local TV news about this might be enough for the dealer to avoid some bad publicity.   Even with the economy perking up, a car dealer still tries to avoid bad press like the plague.   

Speaking of vehicles, the middle child is hemming and hawing around needing a new vehicle if she gets the job with Vertical Pharma.   She is willing to trade in her prized VW Bug for a Mercedes GLA.   We will know on Saturday and if she gets the job and then I will start on the idea of her starting work in late May, so we will have to ship her Bug here even though I will likely be forced by Herself to buy the Mercedes for her  before then as a graduation gift and then let her decide what she wants to do with the Bug.    At least the girl has good taste.   The Mercedes is nice and relatively economical.   The maintenance costs will be the issue, but she is getting more responsible in taking care of her car, so maybe this will continue.  

Oh, yeah, they are definitely going to renege on the sticker price sale on the Raptor.  I've checked every Ford dealer that shows a Raptor on order.  They are all spoken for AND at a hefty markup, none less than an additional $5K.  Just got an email today from a Houston dealer who said the national average right now for a Raptor is $10K over MSRP.  Called my local dealer with whom I am on a waiting list and asked what the price would be relative to sticker price, and the sales dude couldn't give me an answer, and said he would call back.  That was yesterday and nothing.

As you mentioned, I have twice emailed the credit manager asking him to process my credit card down payment.  Crickets!  I still have the offer sheet with the drive out price at MSRP plus tax, title, license, and documentation fee.  I also have a VIN, so I can trace any sale of this vehicle, but that won't help with the "whoops" card.  

Quote    Reply   

#1251 [url]

Dec 30 16 11:16 AM

Getting the Pointed Headed One packed up to go home later today and to make sure she doesn't get lost we are going with her. I got a week's worth of cleaning, furniture moving and packing up my studio so we can get that place staged for sale. The list Herself dropped on me is two pages long and about a third of it is labor-intensive including finding someone to sail the boat to Barbados to dock it along with about a metric ton of warm weather clothes to be packed and shipped. My brother doesn't know it but he is getting some furniture and small appliances that the future newlyweds don't want.

Speaking of the Pointy-Headed One, she got a e-mail for her drivers insurance and some paperwork to sign from Vertcal Pharma, which tells me she is gainfully employed this summer. Huzzah! May have to spring for dinner tonight to celebrate..

Quote    Reply   

#1252 [url]

Dec 31 16 8:51 AM

Afternoon all, less than twelve hours until 2017. Pointy got the call and she starts work for Vertical Pharma on the Tuesday after Memorial Day. Her initial territory will be Southern Quebec, Northern Vermont, New Hampshire and the Plattsburgh area of New York. If the French immersion course she is taking this spring works, she may get more area once she is on her own. Already working on the clearing of personal belongings from this place. The brother found a company that sails boats for you to long distances locations and I am supposed to meet with them on Monday. Got to cable a payment for a berth in Barbados and arrange for someone to be there to make sure the boat is up to snuff. I am hoping to have the time for a short trip there to pick up all of the stuff Herself is shipping there. Probably a week from today.

Weather blows, it has been raining continuously since we landed and from what I can tell the landscaping needs some work. Lots of overgrown plants and lawn. Need to blast the pool and spa because they are a nasty shade of green. Otherwise, the place is cleaner than I expected and except for the pyramid of Red Stripe bottles in the garage, nothing requiring a vicious tongue-lashing. Hopefully, we get a break from the rain so I have someone check the roof and make sure it passes muster and the same with the plumbing, even though both are relatively new, I know that tropical weather is hard on that stuff. Realtor left about thirty messages on my e-mail begging that I bump the price up to comps in this area. It is tempting, but I don't want to be waiting for a serious offer in late May. Great, now, Herself wants lunch even though she just ate breakfast an hour ago.

Quote    Reply   

#1253 [url]

Dec 31 16 6:30 PM

An hour and 45 minutes to the new year. I am very surprised I have made it this far. Busted the backside getting this place semi-presentable. Herself is in full snore on a sofa with the promise to wake her up in about an hour. Got two happy children here. One, because she is gainfully employed upon graduation from university and the other because she has wore down her fiancee and he will begin sending resumes to schools in Montreal, preferably English language as he only knows British. I managed to find out that she already had a job in Montreal working with for Concordia University in their admissions department, come June. She said she was holding onto that morsel until she ran out of other arguments for Montreal. She is also hemming around for a small condo in our building, something about a wedding gift. Probably no way around it, Herself made the same request on Christmas Day for them.

Matthew, I saw the posts on the new hosting site. Feel free to let me know when money is needed, I will have Herself put a crowbar in her purse to take care of any incidentals. The last I time I threw money into something similar, she thought I was paying for some perv site or something. Woman doesn't have a jealous bone in her body, just a very jealous skeleton. Yay, Pointy just managed to do the slip, slide and spill in the kitchen. Get to mop up a pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea. Gave me the "I don't know what happened?" look. Yeah, the first two pitchers had nothing to do with that. What do they call a designated driver when he has to just make sure the drunken children find the bathroom and be there to hold their hair? Nice, we have video proof of Pointy falling on her ass. Suitable for next Christmas.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help