Remove this ad

#30 [url]

Jul 13 15 6:37 PM

Re: The All-Game Festivities Thread

If anyone was going to beat joc I'm glad it was frasier. Nice hometown nod. He also had a nice rest between jocs back to back rounds

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Jul 13 15 6:41 PM

The All-Game Festivities Thread

UCSB07 wrote:
If anyone was going to beat joc I'm glad it was frasier. Nice hometown nod. He also had a nice rest between jocs back to back rounds


Agreed. That was an insane final round.

Pederson has to do this again. Best HR Derby in years.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jul 13 15 6:44 PM

Joc was great. The amazing thing is he seems to swing a thousand times harder during real games. I hope he realizes he doesn't need to swing out of his shoes (even when a single will plate a critical run), That was a great show by Joc, though, easily the best of any Dodger in the Derby.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jul 13 15 6:50 PM

WildHare wrote:
Woops, looks like Matthew and Kyle each started a similar thread.


As I said on the other thread, "Joc did us proud!"

Ha!  I didn't even catch that until right now.  I didn't think anyone had started it.  No problem, just merged the two together.

Either way, an incredible Home Run Derby.  I have to say, this is the first format change that they actually got right.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jul 13 15 8:11 PM

beefchopper wrote:
That was a great show by Joc, though, easily the best of any Dodger in the Derby.

I think he already achieved that distinction after he hit the first one!

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jul 14 15 6:59 AM

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
That was a great show by Joc, though, easily the best of any Dodger in the Derby.

I think he already achieved that distinction after he hit the first one!
The best part is that he didn't swing and miss like a certain outfielder, last year. 

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jul 14 15 9:48 AM

So proud of Joc. In my mind he won that thing because Frazier cheated and had like a 30 minute break between rounds while Joc had to compete in the final with little break. Frazier's pitcher (brother) was quick pitching him before previous balls hit the ground or the ref gave a signal. Give Joc the extra rest and the same amount of pitches and he wins. 

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jul 14 15 11:08 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
So proud of Joc. In my mind he won that thing because Frazier cheated and had like a 30 minute break between rounds while Joc had to compete in the final with little break. Frazier's pitcher (brother) was quick pitching him before previous balls hit the ground or the ref gave a signal. Give Joc the extra rest and the same amount of pitches and he wins. 
In Frazier's match against Fielder, he definitely go one freeby right at the end - the tying shot.  He then hit the next one out for the win, and didn't need his 30 seconds of bonus time (one has to figure he'd have hit at least one in the bonus).  So while he got away with one, I don't think he "cheated" - nor do I think it impacted the outcome.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jul 14 15 1:12 PM

monsooner wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:So proud of Joc. In my mind he won that thing because Frazier cheated and had like a 30 minute break between rounds while Joc had to compete in the final with little break. Frazier's pitcher (brother) was quick pitching him before previous balls hit the ground or the ref gave a signal. Give Joc the extra rest and the same amount of pitches and he wins. 

In Frazier's match against Fielder, he definitely go one freeby right at the end - the tying shot.  He then hit the next one out for the win, and didn't need his 30 seconds of bonus time (one has to figure he'd have hit at least one in the bonus).  So while he got away with one, I don't think he "cheated" - nor do I think it impacted the outcome.

I'm not using the word 'cheated' in an evil, calculating sense. I'm the queen of hyperbole & sarcasm which usually doesn't translate. I guess 'advantage' better describes what I saw Frazier get. Joc was out of gas and tired toward the end and Frazier was still fresh due to the time in between each guys rounds and he did get a few pitches outside of the rules.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help