Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 14 15 2:23 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
monsooner wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:So proud of Joc. In my mind he won that thing because Frazier cheated and had like a 30 minute break between rounds while Joc had to compete in the final with little break. Frazier's pitcher (brother) was quick pitching him before previous balls hit the ground or the ref gave a signal. Give Joc the extra rest and the same amount of pitches and he wins. 

In Frazier's match against Fielder, he definitely go one freeby right at the end - the tying shot.  He then hit the next one out for the win, and didn't need his 30 seconds of bonus time (one has to figure he'd have hit at least one in the bonus).  So while he got away with one, I don't think he "cheated" - nor do I think it impacted the outcome.

I'm not using the word 'cheated' in an evil, calculating sense. I'm the queen of hyperbole & sarcasm which usually doesn't translate. I guess 'advantage' better describes what I saw Frazier get. Joc was out of gas and tired toward the end and Frazier was still fresh due to the time in between each guys rounds and he did get a few pitches outside of the rules.
He's # 1 in my book.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#46 [url]

Jul 14 15 4:28 PM

WildHare wrote:
Joe Buck couldn't help but show his Cardinal bias while introducing the players.
Luckily the Cincy fans were there to boo everyone in a cardinals jersey that he was drooling over.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 14 15 4:53 PM

The All-Star Game Festivities Thread

It's funny: even when they give Joe Morgan 5 words to say, he still says it in the most blowhardy way possible.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Jul 14 15 4:57 PM

Harold Reynolds is really Joe Morgan Lite. Top of the second and he has already alluded to the fact that he was an All Star (in his rather unillustrious career.)

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jul 14 15 4:58 PM

By the way, does MLB really need to become the NBA with totally unnecessary, and crappy, design choices? Why not just wear a regular hat? Does horrendously tacky stripes across the logo really add anything?

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 14 15 4:59 PM

Outside of one bad pitch, Greinke was pretty exceptional, as usual. Although if the first inning is of any indication, it would be just cruel if the NL All-Star team also didn't give him run support.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 14 15 5:03 PM

WildHare wrote:
Harold Reynolds is really Joe Morgan Lite. Top of the second and he has already alluded to the fact that he was an All Star (in his rather unillustrious career.)

Yeah, he's basically Joe Morgan without the jackass tone in his voice. All Reynolds needs to do now is respond "cutter" to every pitch.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 14 15 5:26 PM

Matthew wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Yeah, he's basically Joe Morgan without the jackass tone in his voice. All Reynolds needs to do now is respond "cutter" to every pitch.
What kind of disability does Morgan have?  It was shocking and sad seeing him on the field using a cane and looking very fragile and decrepit at the age of 71. 

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 14 15 5:51 PM

Frazier should have had that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help