Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jul 14 15 5:57 PM

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Bochy wanted both Clayton and Zach to pitch while Posey is catching so he'll get a better look at their pitches to help him bat against them later and brought in Bumgarner before Grandahl catches so he wouldn't.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#64 [url]

Jul 14 15 6:04 PM

The All-Star Game Festivities Thread

Plenty of things wrong with that inning. Frazier should have had the ground ball, the infield should have turned the double play, Kershaw had Pujols struck out, and, once again, when Kershaw is most amped up, he falls in love with the fastball and promptly gets hit. It's a meaningless game, so I don't really care, but it was really dumb to go back with another fastball to Fielder.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Jul 14 15 6:13 PM

Matthew wrote:
The Derby's over, Joc.

Unfortunately it is never over for Joc.  He showcased on the big stage exactly what he does most.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#69 [url]

Jul 14 15 6:14 PM

The All-Star Game Festivities Thread

beefchopper wrote:
I can't listen to Reynolds one more second. He is abysmal.

Outside of Lane Kiffin, I've never seen anyone fail upward as well as Reynolds.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Jul 14 15 8:49 PM

This is why I have never been a fan of All Star Games. The risks outweigh any sort of benefit. Kershaw could have been home resting and getting ready. At least nobody got hurt.

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Jul 15 15 8:52 AM

beefchopper wrote:
I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Bochy wanted both Clayton and Zach to pitch while Posey is catching so he'll get a better look at their pitches to help him bat against them later and brought in Bumgarner before Grandahl catches so he wouldn't.
I was thinking the same thing ...

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Jul 15 15 12:54 PM

Doppel Von Guggenheim wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
I was thinking the same thing ...

Eh.  If it was proven in the stats that former catchers of pitchers actually hit them better, I'd believe this.  I'm quite sure pitchers like Zack and Clayton have enough of a competitive edge that they don't give anything away to their catcher-for-a-day in the ASG.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help