Forgot to put up my "rooting rankings", since the Yankees are out now, I'll leave them off, but I would have only rooted for them over the Cards in the World Series:
1. Dodgers- goes without saying
2. Pirates- my Dad's team growing up, so always have a fondness for them
3. Cubs- 1908 and 1945, they deserve a little love I guess
4. Astros- Never won since they've been around, and used to be in NL
5. Rangers- Same as Astros, but always an AL team, so just a bit lower
6. Royals- 30 years since they've won it
7. Mets- 29 years for them, but since they are playing Dodgers first, I hope they aren't around that long
8. Blue Jays- at 22 years since the won they are the second shortest span left with Yankees out
9. Cards- Fuck them and the Clydesdales horse they ride in on (actually the horse are cool, but fuck everything else about this team)
Funny how it's been 22 years or more for 8 of these 9 teams to have won it all
Yeah, for me, your 2-8 can go in almost any order, but I'll play, too:
1- Dodgers - duh.
2- Astros - young and exciting team... plus, I might be the only one in the predictions thread that expected them to surprise folks this year. I never dreamed playoffs, though.
3- Cubs - See Astros, minus my personal prediction. Don't even think I mentioned them.
4- Pirates - love the enthusiam. And Clint Hurdle is a class guy.
5-8 - Royals, Rangers, Mets, Blue Jays - put 'em in any order you wish. I'm just not invested in them. Kinda like vegetables.
9- Cards - I sin every time I even thing of them.