No need to worry about Guerrero on the roster (for now):
Eric Stephen [email protected]
Alex Guerrero will open season on DL
edited: Grandal looks to be playing in games now in AZ. Played in one today, will do that again tomorrow, and then play 5 innings on Saturday in Anaheim.
No Vincent means that spot is a competition between Barnes, Culberson, Segedin, & Thompson. Davey sounds like he wants Trayce but the kid can't hit and is not that great in CF. He would be my last choice. I don't think the Sox would throw him in that trade if he was a great prospect. He needs to play everyday and hopefully turn his athleticism into better baseball skills. His bat speed and mechanics are really good.
Tonights game vs the Angels in LA had all the feels of a regular season game. I already miss Andre. 1-1 game after 7 and Davey calls for his LOOGY JP to start the 8th. I called game over. I think I'll be saying that all year whenever JP or Avilan, if he makes the team, come into the late innings of a tight game. Base hit and he ended up scoring the winning run.
Well, I had a chance to watch this game also. A few observations:
1. Seager botching a routine popup cannot happen when the season starts. Cost the team (and Kazmir) a run. There were a couple of other plays (Puig for one) that Dodger players were nonchalant in catching the ball with one hand. I know that is Puig's style, but I'm hoping that a little more concentration defensively occurs. If not, this will be a frustration throughout the season.
2. Thompson needs some work offensively. I think a nice stint in AAA and concentrating on that aspect of his game will get him up here. Dodgers like his defense and that's all that really matters.
3. I am hoping that Ethier's absence won't open up a huge void for this team. I never thought I would type that. And, CC is not (and should not) be counted on much. A release outright would work for me.
4. Yeah, JP allowing the lead off hitter on base wasn't ideal. But, Hatcher also brought his gas can in with him and allowed the run. He seemed out of sync and couldn't find the plate. He is a real key this year. Hopefully, we get the second half version of Hatcher. JP? With the way he is pitching, I would guess he isn't going to be place in many high leverage situations. If Avilan actually made this team, I would be shocked. Baez should get the spot.
5. We do have the best ever in Vinny! We need to just absorb and realize that we are seeing the best ever in his last season. He is without equal.
6. The new organist really has a hockey type style to his playing (duh! He is the Kings organist) and it's a different feel than Nancy Bea. Not saying that's bad. Just going to take some time to get used to.