Remove this ad

#2041 [url]

Oct 17 16 9:59 AM

I'll give a more detailed update on Yuku later today, but you know it's October when they go down at the worst time. 

Things should be be back to normal, but there might be some slight lag as things go back online. If you notice anything odd when on the forum, let me know. 

In the meantime, how about those Dodgers?

Remove this ad

#2042 [url]

Oct 17 16 11:02 AM

Tx Dodger wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Ah, Yuku, the train that just couldn't.

I liked to rip on the MLB for the seemingly one-sided coverage following Game One. One very stupid move - can no one waste an 0-2 pitch on his staff? - removed and we are looking at the Dodgers up 2-0. Like I said, the Cubs cannot hit lefties and if I was running the staff, it would be Hill, Urias and Wood for the next three with Kershaw on real rest for Game Six, if we need it. These past two games should tell the national media that annointing the Cubs as the once and future champion may have been hasty. Their division was weak and for all of Joe Maddon's manipulations, he has never had a team which could hit great pitching. The Tampa teams were all about pitching and Longoria and the Cub team is also fulfilling that premise. I knew Rizzo would tank in the playoffs, no guys who serve up low nineties fastballs on the inner part of the plate to feast on and the same is with Bryant. Bust a fastball in and the guy is off the plate like a little leaguer.

I have to say that Grandal called a marvelous game and his deeking of Bryant in the ninth was pure gamesmanship. Setting up high and away, smacking his glove and then moving to where the pitch would be was gold. Strike one to Bryant was the reason we got Grandal in the first place. That pitch was a ball, but Grandal framed it like a masterpiece. I got a feeling that our offense will come to life at Dodger Stadium as long as we take the same approach AGon did with Chapman, keep the swing short and take it up the middle or the other way.



I told my wife right after the HR that there is no way you should ever throw a 0-2 strike especially the same pitch as the last right down the pipe.

Sounds like you had the same conversation I had with my wife!   I about threw the remote right into the TV screen.  "How can you lay an 0-2 pitch right down the middle" I screamed, "right into the hitter's swing pattern from the exact same pitch before???????"  

"Honey, he didn't do it on purpose," she says.  

"HOW DO YOU KNOW??????????"

smiley: roll

She got up and went into the other room after that.

#2043 [url]

Oct 17 16 11:08 AM

NewportDodger wrote:
This next game will show us if Hill is really a #2 because right now I would feel a lot better if we had Grienke going. This is where I fear that we are missing that key complementary starter to CK. We can't have Hill go 4 innings and be what he has been recently.

At this point, I think Urias gives me more confidence than Hill and he certainly does compared to Maeda who has just turned into a pile of nothing.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Doc go with Alex Wood to start Maeda's next scheduled start.  I'm with you - I think Maeda just doesn't have anything left in the tank after pitching every 5 days against much better hitters as opposed to the every 6-day routine against inferior hitters in Japan.  He needs the winter off, starting now.  

#2045 [url]

Oct 17 16 11:15 AM

Tx Dodger wrote:
I would feel better had the we followed through with the trade on Chapman rather than now have to face him.
Eh, really?  The dynamics of a move like that and what it does to Kenley's value and psyche... Plus, if the Cubs hadn't landed Chapman, they'd have gone out and gotten Miller, or Betances, or someone of only slightly lesser value anyway.  

I'd rather have what we have, and face Chapman.  Heck, it "worked" Saturday.  Chapman isn't walking around with a big stick when it comes to facing the Dodgers right now.  Don't get me wrong - he's a stud.  But his confidence level took a right cross to the forehead Saturday.  He's not as "scary" anymore.  Yes, he still factors in, in that you want the Dodgers to have a lead in the late innings, but Kenley has outpitched Chapman in this postseason.  So I'll take what we've got.

#2046 [url]

Oct 17 16 11:43 AM

monsooner wrote:
Tx Dodger wrote:
I would feel better had the we followed through with the trade on Chapman rather than now have to face him.
Eh, really?  The dynamics of a move like that and what it does to Kenley's value and psyche... Plus, if the Cubs hadn't landed Chapman, they'd have gone out and gotten Miller, or Betances, or someone of only slightly lesser value anyway.  

I'd rather have what we have, and face Chapman.  Heck, it "worked" Saturday.  Chapman isn't walking around with a big stick when it comes to facing the Dodgers right now.  Don't get me wrong - he's a stud.  But his confidence level took a right cross to the forehead Saturday.  He's not as "scary" anymore.  Yes, he still factors in, in that you want the Dodgers to have a lead in the late innings, but Kenley has outpitched Chapman in this postseason.  So I'll take what we've got.

Also, Chapman is a garbage human being.  I donated to a dom violence charity after rooting for him in the NLDS because I felt like dirt.  I'll never question the move to not trade for him.

#2047 [url]

Oct 17 16 1:02 PM

monsooner wrote:
Tx Dodger wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Ah, Yuku, the train that just couldn't.

I liked to rip on the MLB for the seemingly one-sided coverage following Game One. One very stupid move - can no one waste an 0-2 pitch on his staff? - removed and we are looking at the Dodgers up 2-0. Like I said, the Cubs cannot hit lefties and if I was running the staff, it would be Hill, Urias and Wood for the next three with Kershaw on real rest for Game Six, if we need it. These past two games should tell the national media that annointing the Cubs as the once and future champion may have been hasty. Their division was weak and for all of Joe Maddon's manipulations, he has never had a team which could hit great pitching. The Tampa teams were all about pitching and Longoria and the Cub team is also fulfilling that premise. I knew Rizzo would tank in the playoffs, no guys who serve up low nineties fastballs on the inner part of the plate to feast on and the same is with Bryant. Bust a fastball in and the guy is off the plate like a little leaguer.

I have to say that Grandal called a marvelous game and his deeking of Bryant in the ninth was pure gamesmanship. Setting up high and away, smacking his glove and then moving to where the pitch would be was gold. Strike one to Bryant was the reason we got Grandal in the first place. That pitch was a ball, but Grandal framed it like a masterpiece. I got a feeling that our offense will come to life at Dodger Stadium as long as we take the same approach AGon did with Chapman, keep the swing short and take it up the middle or the other way.



I told my wife right after the HR that there is no way you should ever throw a 0-2 strike especially the same pitch as the last right down the pipe.

Sounds like you had the same conversation I had with my wife!   I about threw the remote right into the TV screen.  "How can you lay an 0-2 pitch right down the middle" I screamed, "right into the hitter's swing pattern from the exact same pitch before???????"  

"Honey, he didn't do it on purpose," she says.  

"HOW DO YOU KNOW??????????"

smiley: roll

She got up and went into the other room after that.
I had much the same conversation, but with my TV.   As soon as Blanton had Montero down 0-2, I told no one in particular in some very blue language that Blanton would throw another slider in the same spot.   Sure enough.    Let's just say that none of the girls or Herself spoke to me the rest of the evening/morning.    It was kind of nice because each of them went out of their way to keep me happy on Sunday - all my faves for breakfast, made by them and they actually sprang for lunch.   

Regarding the seventh inning, last night, I watched it with my head turned and headphones playing some J-Pop because I didn't want to know.   I turned my head just as Baez hit that fly, but I had a good feeling it was not hit hard enough or high enough to get out.  As soon as Joc turned and patted his glove, I lost what little of my sanity I had left.   At that point, I knew we were going to win.  

#2048 [url]

Oct 17 16 1:30 PM

Two very interesting notes just came across my computer screen. 1 - MLB is going to seriously push for an International Draft in the new CBA and there seems to be a consensus it will be included if only to take the thugs, criminals and danger out of the system. In the MLB system, there would be a two-day 10-round draft of International prospects who are sixteen or older as long as they attend the MLB complex that will be built in the Dominican as soon as the CBA is passed. Young players will be invited to the complex, where they live, eat, go to school and get prepared for life in the US and Canada. The idea has merit as it is based on the Canadian Junior Hockey program where kids from around the world come to fine tune their game. Given what happened with Puig coming over from Cuba, there has to be a better way and this idea has some strong points and might be the best way to get the criminal element out of the International Market.

2 - and this is bigger. It is being speculated loudly that the Nippon Ham Fighters will post Shohei Otani, likey the best ballplayer not playing in the MLB. He is 22, 6'5" right handed pitcher, lefty-hitting DH/OF. Now, I mention both because the kid's numbers are stupid. He has been clocked at 102 in a league game and has thrown over a hundred pitches over a hundred miles per hour (he has 141 k's in 118 innings as the Ham Fighters are also watching his pitch count) and his batting line is 326/.441/.614 and that is him batting every game. I hope we all remember that until some pressure was put on his family, he was coming over here as an 18 year old and the Dodgers were his likely destination. Figure now, he is 22 and with the change in the posting process, he can choose his team as long as they bid the necessary $20 million. Given that he has over four years in the NPB, he is excempt from International signing rules and that he turns 23 in October, he goes to the team he chooses for I gotta think will be more money than Darvish got. If this plays out, I figure he will be in a Dodger uniform in '17.

#2049 [url]

Oct 17 16 1:55 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
Ah Yuku, the great bulletin board choke artist.

I agree with others here - THIS is why you pay a Greinke or somebody similar. To win in the post-season. And what is it with the FS1 announcers - seems like they've geared their coverage toward rooting for the Cubs. I even saw a static screen at one point during the game that celebrated the Cubs hitters, with logos and photos and all. Nothing like that for the Dodgers. Who gave these clowns this sweet post-season gig anyway? Dare I say, I'd almost rather have Joe Morgan doing the games. Almost.
These announcers are killing me but calm down, as bad as they are you cannot really want Joe Morgan.

#2050 [url]

Oct 17 16 3:08 PM

monsooner wrote:
Tx Dodger wrote:
I would feel better had the we followed through with the trade on Chapman rather than now have to face him.
Eh, really?  The dynamics of a move like that and what it does to Kenley's value and psyche... Plus, if the Cubs hadn't landed Chapman, they'd have gone out and gotten Miller, or Betances, or someone of only slightly lesser value anyway.  

I'd rather have what we have, and face Chapman.  Heck, it "worked" Saturday.  Chapman isn't walking around with a big stick when it comes to facing the Dodgers right now.  Don't get me wrong - he's a stud.  But his confidence level took a right cross to the forehead Saturday.  He's not as "scary" anymore.  Yes, he still factors in, in that you want the Dodgers to have a lead in the late innings, but Kenley has outpitched Chapman in this postseason.  So I'll take what we've got.



I think it depends on the scenario. I don't remember hearing that KJ would not have still been the closer had the trade gone down. Winning cures all and I could see that the two would end up feeling more like the unbeatable tandem than who is what. Especially if they went to the series. I agree that he is not a great person but if he was on our team right now I bet the majority here would be talking him up as we could take away innings 6-9. Could you imagine how a team/ hitter would feel knowing they had to go through both? 

I really don't think his confidence is shaken by one hit. He didn't load the bases and It would be tough for anyone to get out of that situation without at least one run scoring. I agree that they would have found another dominant closer but not one who throws 103.

At the end of the day I am for what ever gets this team a championship.


BTW- Glad to have you back Pastor!

Last Edited By: Tx Dodger Oct 17 16 3:13 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

#2051 [url]

Oct 17 16 9:11 PM

Matthew wrote:
I'll give a more detailed update on Yuku later today, but you know it's October when they go down at the worst time. 

Things should be be back to normal, but there might be some slight lag as things go back online. If you notice anything odd when on the forum, let me know. 

In the meantime, how about those Dodgers?

The short of it: they had a hardware issue over the weekend, and the engineer literally had to drive over there to fix it.  The whole weekend has been repairing and getting things back online.  The entire Yuku site went down.  Things finally appear to be back online.  They also mentioned that last month they upgraded their server to a more modern, faster one, (must resist jokes...) so I had them put this forum on it.  Should be done later this week, hopefully we'll notice some improvement and things will be getting better.  Then again, as John Lennon once said, "it can't get no worse".

#2052 [url]

Oct 18 16 8:17 AM

Matthew wrote:
Matthew wrote:
I'll give a more detailed update on Yuku later today, but you know it's October when they go down at the worst time. 

Things should be be back to normal, but there might be some slight lag as things go back online. If you notice anything odd when on the forum, let me know. 

In the meantime, how about those Dodgers?

The short of it: they had a hardware issue over the weekend, and the engineer literally had to drive over there to fix it.  The whole weekend has been repairing and getting things back online.  The entire Yuku site went down.  Things finally appear to be back online.  They also mentioned that last month they upgraded their server to a more modern, faster one, (must resist jokes...) so I had them put this forum on it.  Should be done later this week, hopefully we'll notice some improvement and things will be getting better.  Then again, as John Lennon once said, "it can't get no worse".
It was out (at least for me) again this morning and as I type this, messages appear but not the avatars.  It sure seems like they haven't gotten all the bugs out yet.

#2053 [url]

Oct 18 16 9:28 AM

Just now found yuk to not be fu. What horrible timing...are there SF fans running it. I DID notice at one point that the entire system was down, but part of it came back but not the dodgers.

I am not only missing the avatar but the poster's name. If someone replies to the post, the original poster's name is quoted. Is this a compatibility with my version of Chrome. (Tried IE with same result.)

WildHare

#2054 [url]

Oct 18 16 9:37 AM

WildHare wrote:
Just now found yuk to not be fu. What horrible timing...are there SF fans running it. I DID notice at one point that the entire system was down, but part of it came back but not the dodgers.

I am not only missing the avatar but the poster's name. If someone replies to the post, the original poster's name is quoted. Is this a compatibility with my version of Chrome. (Tried IE with same result.)

WildHare
I don't see the poster's name either unless I try to respond to the message and then the name appears.

#2056 [url]

Oct 18 16 12:43 PM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
Just now found yuk to not be fu. What horrible timing...are there SF fans running it. I DID notice at one point that the entire system was down, but part of it came back but not the dodgers.

I am not only missing the avatar but the poster's name. If someone replies to the post, the original poster's name is quoted. Is this a compatibility with my version of Chrome. (Tried IE with same result.)

WildHare
I don't see the poster's name either unless I try to respond to the message and then the name appears.

Seems to be up and running properly, at least for the moment.  Names are back.

#2057 [url]

Oct 18 16 1:03 PM

WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
Just now found yuk to not be fu. What horrible timing...are there SF fans running it. I DID notice at one point that the entire system was down, but part of it came back but not the dodgers.

I am not only missing the avatar but the poster's name. If someone replies to the post, the original poster's name is quoted. Is this a compatibility with my version of Chrome. (Tried IE with same result.)

WildHare
I don't see the poster's name either unless I try to respond to the message and then the name appears.

Seems to be up and running properly, at least for the moment.  Names are back.

The hamster running on the generator wheel supplying power to their website has reached full speed.

#2058 [url]

Oct 18 16 1:10 PM

Pardon the brevity, as I'm on my phone, but the forum should be getting moved to Yuku's latest string and cans… err, I mean, server, right now. It should be much faster, and in the event of an outage like recently, should get us back up much sooner. We'll see. 

Thanks for letting me know what's going on. Keep letting me know if you notice any odd behavior. I'm reporting it to Yuku as I see it. 

#2059 [url]

Oct 18 16 1:10 PM

monsooner wrote:
Well, that sucks. My response to TXDodger didn't post. Think I'll wait till the bugs are fixed.



The Suspense lol!

#2060 [url]

Oct 18 16 2:30 PM

So much for the importance of run differentials. In these playoffs the Dodgers have won four games, all by one run each, and lost three games by 3, 4 and 5 runs. They are 4-3 with a negative 8 run differential!

It sure would be good for my nerves to win tonight in a laugher, though.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help