Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 9 16 7:27 PM

Tags : :

All, I've created a quick (and I mean QUICK - like, 10 minutes) sample board - perhaps a new home for the BBWC?  

No obligations or anything yet.  But it looks promising.  I'm using createaforum for another community, but I'm not the moderator of the board, so I'm new at setting it up.  But let's use this thread to discussion moving away from Yuku.  
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 10 16 11:10 AM

monsooner wrote:
All, I've created a quick (and I mean QUICK - like, 10 minutes) sample board - perhaps a new home for the BBWC?  

No obligations or anything yet.  But it looks promising.  I'm using createaforum for another community, but I'm not the moderator of the board, so I'm new at setting it up.  But let's use this thread to discussion moving away from Yuku.  

I have no idea what degree this new board can be customized.  Our Yuku board has graphics and layout that makes it pleasant to look at but to me that is about 1% as important as reliability.  As we all know Yuku is totally undependable and as far as I'm concerned, that is all that really matters.  If this other board can be counted on as being available whenever we want to use it I'm totally in favor of switching even if it isn't as "pretty".

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 10 16 11:31 AM

I think it's time for a divorce from, as I now call it, YuckYou. The reliability is beyond unacceptable. I agree with Beef that function is primary.

Thanks for looking into this, Kyle.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 10 16 11:51 AM

Kyle, I just signed up. If you'd be able to grant me moderator/admin access so I could get a look of the behind of the scenes stuff, that would be great.

I'll have some further updates on all this forum mess, later tonight. What I can say right now is that, after talking to Yuku last night, it looks like they've been trying to move some of their forums off one of their older servers to a new one. Apparently, this forum was on that old server, so I told them to move it. Whether they have or not remains to be seen, but it should at least resolve the issues going on over the past week. I still want to get the heck out of this place, though, but in the short-term, hopefully things can stabilize a little bit.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 10 16 2:45 PM

Matthew wrote:
Kyle, I just signed up. If you'd be able to grant me moderator/admin access so I could get a look of the behind of the scenes stuff, that would be great.

I'll have some further updates on all this forum mess, later tonight. What I can say right now is that, after talking to Yuku last night, it looks like they've been trying to move some of their forums off one of their older servers to a new one. Apparently, this forum was on that old server, so I told them to move it. Whether they have or not remains to be seen, but it should at least resolve the issues going on over the past week. I still want to get the heck out of this place, though, but in the short-term, hopefully things can stabilize a little bit.
YuckYou has been, unlike the Dodgers pitching, FLAWLESS during today's game.  Fluke?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Apr 12 16 8:34 AM

Matthew wrote:

Sorry I was AWOL from the internet for the weekend and yesterday.  I'm headed over to the createaforum site now, and I'll get you all set up.  That was my intention all along, Matthew, if you're cool with it.  

By the way, all, as far as the possible features this site can produce, it's off the charts, and way better than what Yuku offers.  Let's see how Matthew likes it, and let him mess around a bit.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 12 16 8:51 AM

WildHare wrote:
I think it's time for a divorce from, as I now call it, YuckYou. The reliability is beyond unacceptable. I agree with Beef that function is primary.

Thanks for looking into this, Kyle.

I like where you've gone with this nickname, but I think there may be a better one that starts with an F...

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 13 16 8:11 AM

Matthew, I've made you an admin. Have fun!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help