Remove this ad

#541 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:03 PM

UCSB07 wrote:
Marc TopkinVerified account
[email protected]_Rays
#Rays still have something under discussion .... So it could yet be a bigger day
They're picking up Ned's contract?

Remove this ad

#546 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:05 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
To think that some here poo poo'd the idea of becoming the A's. Let's see...Reddick, Hill, Chavez, Anderson, BMac, Kaz, & Blanton. Farhan only sees green. Maybe he's color blind. All kidding aside and apologies to Bolsie lovers, but I'm glad he's gone. I'm not in love w/Chavez but he's better than Bolsie. Like Mojo Bob said, he can start or relieve.

Chavez isn't an upgrade over anyone, except maybe Hatcher.   Kind of of a throw-away deal.  Not sure why it was made.

#547 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:05 PM

@Ken_Rosenthal: Looks like #Dodgers’ only other move is for a reliever.

@jonmorosi: Chris Archer stays with #Rays.

#548 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:06 PM

And the Rangers got Jeffress in the Lucroy deal too apparently.

I still haven't seen who they traded, but it's being said Gallo is NOT part of it.

#550 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:09 PM

Ken RosenthalVerified account
[email protected]_Rosenthal
Source #Orioles get Pearce from #Rays.

I see we really sat on our hands

Remove this ad

#551 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:09 PM

So much for the bullshit reports that the Dodgers were in win now mode. I don't think they've even increased their chances against the Giants much less the playoff teams they'd have to face.

#553 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:11 PM

beefchopper wrote:
So much for the bullshit reports that the Dodgers were in win now mode. I don't think they've even increased their chances against the Giants much less the playoff teams they'd have to face.

I have a feeling Kersh is out for the year and we will go after Sale in the offseason

#554 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:11 PM

I think since it is year 2 of this type of thing, we know exactly what the gameplan is. If we win right now it's a bonus but they are going "All-in" with the youth movement and won't move they key guys. I'm annoyed that we didn't do more but we still have every major component of our farm system except for Montas who I think they could have kept and he would have contributed. Then again, he has to be able to pitch and his injuries are weird.

#556 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:13 PM

Hey things are looking up! It seems we got cash sent to us in the blockbuster Chavez/Bolsinger deal!

Print the tickets, we're going to the WS!!

#557 [url]

To get Moore, Giants apparently only gave up 22-year-old Chris Shaw (1B/OF/C), and a "financial element"... Friedman, where you sleeping???

#558 [url]

UCSB07 wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

I have a feeling Kersh is out for the year and we will go after Sale in the offseason

I don't know about Sale but I am getting that type of feeling on Kershaw as well.  

#559 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:14 PM

As I expected, we got a bottom of the rotation starter and a mid-level outfielder. But wait, there's more! We also got a slightly below average reliever, the starting pitcher we got is currently injured, and the outfielder is a right fielder, a position we already have covered. Way to go, front office! We possibly filled some needs but not with great, or even very good, options. But we kept some of our top prospects, so Friedman and Zaidi are probably off celebrating their genius.

We may still win the wild card, but I really don't see today's moves as big difference-makers. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

#560 [url]

Aug 1 16 12:14 PM

Marc Topkin [email protected]_Rays 36s36 seconds ago
Hearing #Rays also get Fox from #Giants with Duffy in Moore deal

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help