Remove this ad

San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Game #126 - Matt Moore vs. Ross Stripling - 8-22-16

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#21 [url]

Aug 25 16 7:07 PM

Andre Ethier, two for two with a double and two runs. Not so good for Tyson Ross, .2ip, 3h, 4r, 2bb, 1k, 3wp.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 25 16 7:10 PM

At least Kike didn't strike out. I don't understand starting a guy who is completely lost at the plate and you lose something on defense with him when you get Gold Glove defense and only a marginally worse stick against lefties in Pederson. Rosterbation can cause blindness, Pigpen.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 25 16 7:35 PM

ItTakesFaith wrote:
Grabs, any idea on who we bring up to pitch this weekend? I've been pining for JDL, but I'm thinking we likely won't go with him just yet...

Me, too.   Kike needs to be sitting on the bench next to Geren.   Freakin' clown.  

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 25 16 8:21 PM

At this point, we really just need to break up the no-hitter. The Giants would get some mojo back with a no-no.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#34 [url]

Aug 25 16 9:24 PM

I feel like Bob Uecker in Major League, "One F'ing hit!" Watched the last hour cursing myself for every superstition I have. Got some relief when Seager launched a weak ass single to right. Still, took the series and picked up a game on the Gints. Now the Cubs and a hope we can cobble together a win or two before our schedule turns to pretty much the NL West.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 25 16 9:27 PM

Might as well kiss sleep goodbye. The kid is awake along with her mother and seeing as how I guaranteed insomnia, I might as well dig out my 70's record collection (yes I still have about ninety LP's) and educate them on real music. Maybe some Taste of Honey followed by Chic. God love the 70's, the last era of true debauchery.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 26 16 3:08 AM

ocmike24 wrote:
The Redhead has completely lost her mind over this AJ deal. I may be ducking dishes shortly.
Reading the quotes from the team this morning, it would seem they are more in shock than angry.  The results of this game mirrored their shock...the human element.smiley: mad

Switching among several telecasts last night the telecasters expressed surprise that the trade would happen, pointing out both players' long tenure with their respective teams. One said the trade "improves the Dodgers on paper, but you don't play on paper."  One said Friedman is trying to assemble the Phillies team that beat the Rays in the playoffs.  His color guy said, "He needs to get over it.  That was eight years ago."   Another questioned the timing coming during a big series with the arch rivals and the fact that it required multiple roster moves just to get a backup catcher for one day.

I guess that oddly sums it up.  We all had better "get over it" and hope the team can, as well. 

Last Edited By: WildHare Aug 26 16 3:21 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 26 16 5:31 AM

WildHare wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
The Redhead has completely lost her mind over this AJ deal. I may be ducking dishes shortly.
Reading the quotes from the team this morning, it would seem they are more in shock than angry.  The results of this game mirrored their shock...the human element.smiley: mad

Switching among several telecasts last night the telecasters expressed surprise that the trade would happen, pointing out both players' long tenure with their respective teams. One said the trade "improves the Dodgers on paper, but you don't play on paper."  One said Friedman is trying to assemble the Phillies team that beat the Rays in the playoffs.  His color guy said, "He needs to get over it.  That was eight years ago."   Another questioned the timing coming during a big series with the arch rivals and the fact that it required multiple roster moves just to get a backup catcher for one day.

I guess that oddly sums it up.  We all had better "get over it" and hope the team can, as well. 

I'm beginning to think the Dodger front office is on the autism spectrum. I'm serious.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 26 16 7:41 AM

I got zero problem with the move, but the timing could've been better. During a day off would've made more sense, but seeing as how we haven't had a day off this week and Ruiz just got through waivers, timing was not something we could control. I am sure that Ruiz would've never made it through the AL especially with Astros and Orioles looking for upgrades behind the plate. I did get a kick out of reading what that idiot Tim Flannery had to say about the move. He stated that we lost our heart and soul. Really, clown shoes? Ellis is about as worthless a player as any on the Blue and we upgraded the position with this move. Last I looked, the game was not played in the clubhouse. Just because the Gints say all the things that twang the heartstrings of clowns like Plaschke and Simers, doesn't mean it translates into wins. I am sure all of the Twins get along marvelously, still doesn't change the fact that they are looking at close to one hundred losses. Same with the Snakes. As for the idea that Friedman is trying to build the Phillies, if that was the intention then why didn't he empty the farm for Hamels, last year. He saw a good player and an upgrade who happened to play with the Phillies. BFD. Hell, I don't see anyone bitching about Blanton or Utley, so what is the huge gripe over Ruiz? Geez, some jackhole broadcaster who wishes he could still hit a baseball comes up some shit and it is suddenly deep thinking and an indictment on Friedman and Zaidi. Sounds more like some asshole who values taking warm showers with his teammates over hitting a ball into the gap or calling a good game behind the plate (something AJ has rarely done over the past couple years - he does love the 0-2 fastball way too much.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 26 16 8:31 AM

WildHare wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:

It seems like a bit of a reach to say we got 1 hit by Matt Moore because the team was in shock by the Ellis trade. If that is the reason then why did he shut down this same offense less than a month ago with Ellis on the team. Our offense has major consistency problems, especially against lefty's. We had been on a nice run, but the past 3 games we saw the Jeckyll and Hyde nature where they blasted Bumgarner and got shut down by Cueto and Moore. It looks like this offense has problems with the mediocrity that is Matt Moore and that could be a problem as I'd guess we'll have to face him in each of the remaining series against the Giants. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help