Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 28 16 11:34 AM

Tags : :

Brock Stewart vs. Jon Lester

Not a great match-up on paper.

Would have loved to see Jose de Leon called up for this start.  What are they waiting for on him?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 28 16 11:38 AM

Howie--7
Corey--6
JT--5
AGon--3
Kike'--8
Segedin--9
Yas--2
Culberson--4
Stewart--1

I thought we got rid of Ellis (who has a bases loaded double to break a tie today) to improve our hitting vs. lefties?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 28 16 12:49 PM

I know our lineup is totally lacking in speed, but Jon Lester loathes having to throw the ball to a base. Bunt the damn ball and make him field it. Then, you can see a real meltdown. If you're on first base, go on first movement. He never throws over to first. What is so hard about that?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. You won't make it on the Sports Center highlights like that.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 28 16 12:56 PM

Brock Stewart's appearance and mannerisms remind me of a young Burt Hooton. He kind of has that little snarl like Hooton did when he delivers a pitch. No knuckle curve but his off speed stuff has looked very good, so far.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 28 16 1:00 PM

WildHare wrote:
Brock Stewart's appearance and mannerisms remind me of a young Burt Hooton. He kind of has that little snarl like Hooton did when he delivers a pitch. No knuckle curve but his off speed stuff has looked very good, so far.
I agree about Hooton.  7 K's in 3 innings sure raises an eyebrow.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 28 16 1:44 PM

Turner showed bunt twice on pitches out of the zone and you could almost see the apoplexy in Lester's face.

Dammit, if a major league pitcher who can exhibit pinpoint control at 60 feet, has a problem throwing 90 feet to first base (or even 60 feet from the mound to first), why don't we work on him. Why do no MLB teams do that. The guy has a mental stability issue, in at least that regard. It's not like we're hitting line drives off him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Aug 28 16 1:54 PM

Pulling a cruising Stewart after 5 (not even at 80 pitches), with two outs and no one in scoring position, is a dumb move, no matter who it's for. To pull him for a struggling Reddick is outright lunacy.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 28 16 1:57 PM

WildHare wrote:
Hate seeing Stewart pulled. He's got one of our three hits, and the hardest hit of the three. Add insult to injury, it's Red Dick pinch hitting.

Red Dick indeed.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 28 16 1:59 PM

Matthew wrote:
Pulling a cruising Stewart after 5 (not even at 80 pitches), with two outs and no one in scoring position, is a dumb move, no matter who it's for. To pull him for a struggling Reddick is outright lunacy.
Yeah, and it's not like they were hitting line drives at people.  Stewart was dominant.  Just out and out dominant, and his stuff was electric.  Best change I've seen all year and freezing lefties with his tailing 94 mph fastball on the inside corner.  One of the best non-Clayton pitching performances I've seen all year.  Plus, it's not like we had second and third one out.  It was a runner on first and two out.  Just idiotic.

Watch for Chavez to revert to normal now.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:02 PM

You have two mangers at the exact opposite ends of the spectrum in this game today in terms of intelligence.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help