Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:02 PM

So in one game since being traded Ellis has two more RBI's than Red Dick has in 22 games since he was traded (2 to 0). Impressive job, Red Dick.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:03 PM

WildHare wrote:

Matthew wrote:Pulling a cruising Stewart after 5 (not even at 80 pitches), with two outs and no one in scoring position, is a dumb move, no matter who it's for. To pull him for a struggling Reddick is outright lunacy.

Yeah, and it's not like they were hitting line drives at people.  Stewart was dominant.  Just out and out dominant, and his stuff was electric.  Best change I've seen all year and freezing lefties with his tailing 94 mph fastball on the inside corner.  One of the best non-Clayton pitching performances I've seen all year.  Plus, it's not like we had second and third one out.  It was a runner on first and two out.  Just idiotic.

Watch for Chavez to revert to normal now.

Compounding matters is that it's already a miracle if we get any pitcher to go 5. To pull the plug on a guy who could have gone 6-7 (like he did with Hill, this week), given those circumstances… it's like he's not even watching the freaking game. 

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:05 PM

Matthew wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Matthew wrote:Pulling a cruising Stewart after 5 (not even at 80 pitches), with two outs and no one in scoring position, is a dumb move, no matter who it's for. To pull him for a struggling Reddick is outright lunacy.

Yeah, and it's not like they were hitting line drives at people.  Stewart was dominant.  Just out and out dominant, and his stuff was electric.  Best change I've seen all year and freezing lefties with his tailing 94 mph fastball on the inside corner.  One of the best non-Clayton pitching performances I've seen all year.  Plus, it's not like we had second and third one out.  It was a runner on first and two out.  Just idiotic.

Watch for Chavez to revert to normal now.

Compounding matters is that it's already a miracle if we get any pitcher to go 5. To pull the plug on a guy who could have gone 6-7 (like he did with Hill, this week), given those circumstances… it's like he's not even watching the freaking game. 
It really was an incredibly stupid move pulling Stewart there.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:08 PM

Norm wrote:
Having Reddick hit for Stewart was so fucking stupid, it's practically incomprehensible.

I hate saying this, and I never thought I would, but I'm not even sure Mattingly would pull some of the shit Roberts does. This shit isn't even "by the book"; it's just pure stupidity. 

But, hey, I'm sure his communication was incredible throughout the process. 

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:10 PM

WildHare wrote:
Hate seeing Stewart pulled. He's got one of our three hits, and the hardest hit of the three. Add insult to injury, it's Red Dick pinch hitting.

I hate seeing Roberts manage like a fool or like it's little league. Brock rolling w/low pitch count and looks better than Reddick at the plate. His love of the BP is disgusting. The pen has not been that good since Fein & Coleman went down. The constant R/L lineups have been our downfall for 2 years but keep doing it. Do you see Maddon or Bochy play lesser players constantly because of L/R matchups? No. Kike is garbage offensively & defensively and using him over Joc is a joke. I notice that when Joc is hitting well and he sits because of the LH starters he cools off and loses his momentum and mechanics.  Using Charlie over Howie and not playing Toles who actually can hit LH is also stupid.  The offense has cooled off and they go to Colorado where they aren't stellar while the Rockies are still raking, so managing winnable games is a must which Davey can't do. Watching Maddon pull Hammel yesterday was brilliant but brutul. The more lefties to throw vs LA the better. 

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:14 PM

Forced to watch the game on mlb.tv. My dear old Dad, rest his soul, would say, "It's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:17 PM

beefchopper wrote:
So two relief pitchers are unnecessarily burned to get through an inning that neither was needed to pitch. What a waste.

And, in typical Roberts fashion, no foresight about the possibility of an extra inning game, which, at this rate, is very possible. 

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Aug 28 16 2:19 PM

Turner's continued futility against left handers adds to the issue. Add in SVS and now Kike' have been nearly useless, and we're just can't handle port siders. Period.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 28 16 3:12 PM

I guess the Cubs had a lousy scouting report on AGon's speed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help