Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 31 16 11:13 AM

Tags : :

Doubleheader today to make up for yesterdays thunder storm. 

Kendrick lf
Seager ss
Turner 3b
Gonzalez 1b
Segedin rf
Hernandez cf
Ruiz c
Culberson 2b
Stripling p
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 31 16 11:43 AM

I like Strip but in Coors vs this lineup is a bad matchup. The kid is not a strikeout pitcher but a pitch to contact guy which is the kiss of death in this situation. Add to that, the offense has reverted to it's normal suckitude. The offensive numbers for LA in Coors recently is putrid. 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 31 16 11:51 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
I like Strip but in Coors vs this lineup is a bad matchup. The kid is not a strikeout pitcher but a pitch to contact guy which is the kiss of death in this situation. Add to that, the offense has reverted to it's normal suckitude. The offensive numbers for LA in Coors recently is putrid. 

He also relies on a very good curveball and curves just aren't as effective in Coors. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 31 16 11:55 AM

bob007hh wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

He also relies on a very good curveball and curves just aren't as effective in Coors. 

Except when they are being thrown by a lefty to Dodgers hitters.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 31 16 11:57 AM

beefchopper wrote:
bob007hh wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

Except when they are being thrown by a lefty to Dodgers hitters.
Curves, fastballs, sliders, change-ups, and eefus pitches all do that.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:02 PM

bob007hh wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:I like Strip but in Coors vs this lineup is a bad matchup. The kid is not a strikeout pitcher but a pitch to contact guy which is the kiss of death in this situation. Add to that, the offense has reverted to it's normal suckitude. The offensive numbers for LA in Coors recently is putrid. 

Yeah, that too. 
What really burns my goat about the Dodger organization for years is the fact that they stack the team w/guys who aren't good when they have kids in the minors who are 10x better. Belliger, Calhoun, Verdugo, JDL, not to mention Puig are better options than Kike, SVS, Culberson, Reddick, etc. Every year I watch teams give their young talent opportunities while the Dodgers suffer through wasted garbage years from veterans. 

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:05 PM

WildHare wrote:

Shmolnick wrote:Stripling does not impress me. Next.

If Seager makes a decent throw on the relay, the first run doesn't score.

Yep, and if Kendrick had an arm they probably don't send him. His arm isn't an upgrade over CC. 

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:14 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Shmolnick wrote:Stripling does not impress me. Next.

If Seager makes a decent throw on the relay, the first run doesn't score.

Yep, and if Kendrick had an arm they probably don't send him. His arm isn't an upgrade over CC. 
Can't blame Howie, though.  He's a second baseman playing out of position due to roster construction.  Segedin is a corner INfielder also out of position, but is a gamer.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:22 PM

And anyway, whose brilliant idea was it to build a baseball stadium in Colorado in the first place?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:32 PM

Memo to the moneyball FO and coaches:  THIS IS NOT A TEAM W/PLATOON ADVANTAGES

Will they continue this madness in the post-season? 

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:35 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Memo to the moneyball FO and coaches:  THIS IS NOT A TEAM W/PLATOON ADVANTAGES

Will they continue this madness in the post-season? 

Postseason?  Playoffs?  Cue Jim Mora.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:46 PM

WildHare wrote:
Tell me I didn't hear that Hill is questionable for Game 2 of the doubleheader due to blister concerns.

Pre game they said that there wasn't an actual problem with blisters, but that Roberts was concerned that after all the warm ups he did yesterday that then having him pitch today could lead to problems with his blisters so he wasn't sure he would have him start today.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:57 PM

WildHare wrote:
Tell me I didn't hear that Hill is questionable for Game 2 of the doubleheader due to blister concerns.

What the He'll do you want from Hill? He pitched one game in August already.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 31 16 1:29 PM

On the card, I'm going with "Everything" since "all of the above" wasn't listed.

Speaking of which "That Noise" would have been the leather lunged drunk near a field mike screaming on every pitch.  I would say that could ruin a game, but the Dodgers have pretty well done that without any help.  He just adds to the annoyance.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help