Aug 31 16 1:32 PM

Love the card!!

Hate this nonexistent hitting WRISP.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:27 PM

WildHare wrote:
Utley!!! Lead off homer. Thank goodness for right handed pitchers.

Nomar said Chase didn't wait for runners in scoring positon.

Won't matter w/Norris pitching and his 5+ ERA and traditionally getting rocked in Coors.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:31 PM

Not only is Bud pitching like shit already, but he cut off the throw from Toles to the plate. TOLES HAS A GOOD, ACCURATE ARM AND HAD A GOOD SHOT OF NAILING THE RUNNER. 

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:37 PM

You've gotta' be kidding me. Bud Lite Norris gives up a grand slam to some independent league lifer in the first inning. But, I knew he sucked years before now, when he was in Houston.

This game goes back to Rich Hill. He's a gutless wuss. All he had to do was stand up and say he could make this start. Instead, he found a way out with his baby blister to avoid pitching in Coors Field. Never want to see this guy next year. There is a reason he hasn't topped 100 innings since 2007.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:40 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Not only is Bud pitching like shit already, but he cut off the throw from Toles to the plate. TOLES HAS A GOOD, ACCURATE ARM AND HAD A GOOD SHOT OF NAILING THE RUNNER. 
Everybody jumped on my shit after Bud Lite had a good debut because I had seen and knew what he was all about and immediately questioned the signing.  He cannot maintain his composure under pressure.  He had a few good games after Atlanta clearly proved themselves to be cellar dwellers, but he is a LOSER!  He's still better than Hill because at least he goes out there.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:51 PM

Oh look, Toles hammers an RBI double BATTING 8TH. Donny 2.0 is stubborn. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Aug 31 16 5:22 PM

2 defensive errors equal another run for the Rocks. Yeah Farhan, the trade for your beloved A's looks worse every day. One of the errors was on Reddick and Bud can't stop the bleeding. 

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 31 16 6:18 PM

You know that stretch when everybody was hitting out of their minds was real nice, but this team has more games w/little to no offense. They are like I've said before, an all or nothing team. They either hit/score a lot or very little. This seems like a major flaw coupled w/the inability to hit LH pitching for success in the playoffs. 

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 31 16 10:22 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
Are you shitting me what just happened in this game? My God.....

Toles is a stud.

I can't believe I turned the game off after Blanton gave up the HR to Arenado and the score was 8-2 after 7. I never turn games off but thought it was a slam dunk loss. Off to go read the recaps/box/highlights. Toles has been so hot and shouldn't be on the bench as a platoon. 

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Sep 1 16 5:18 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

Toles is a stud.

I can't believe I turned the game off after Blanton gave up the HR to Arenado and the score was 8-2 after 7. I never turn games off but thought it was a slam dunk loss. Off to go read the recaps/box/highlights. Toles has been so hot and shouldn't be on the bench as a platoon. 
I did too.  I had no idea they had won the nightcap until I heard it on the radio 5 minutes ago.  (Bows head sheepishly).

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Sep 1 16 6:18 AM

bcmaiden wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

Toles is a stud.

You hung in there longer than I did.  With 1 run scored the previous two games total, I figured a four run deficit was too much to overcome even in Coors.  

5 through 8 in the order went 8 for 14.  

Andrew Toles is hitting out of his mind, and thank goodness for that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help