Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 4 16 11:09 AM

Tags : :

Today is the much anticipated debut of 24 year old Jose De Leon.

Not thrilled with the lineup DRob has behind him, but here it is:  Edit with BAA.

Kendrick-7  .455
Hernandez-8  .333
Turner-5  .167
Gonzalez-3  .444
Puig-9  .333
Utley-4  .167
Barnes-2  No history
Culberson-6  .000
De Leon-1

Bench player history vs. Friedrich
Grandal  .714 1HR
Ruiz  .750
Seager  .400
Pederson  .400 1 HR

Don't understand why we got Ruiz for 7 AB's in August if he's not going to start against lefties after call-ups.

Last Edited By: WildHare Sep 4 16 11:16 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 4 16 11:52 AM

We gonna do this thing? Got some decent weather, sent the wimmenfolk out with a credit card and told them to be gone for four hours or so. Figure this should be fun, but the freakin' Cubs are trying my patience.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 4 16 11:56 AM

WildHare wrote:

Not thrilled with the lineup DRob has behind him, but here it is:  Edit with BAA.

Kendrick-7  .455
Hernandez-8  .333
Turner-5  .167
Gonzalez-3  .444
Puig-9  .333
Utley-4  .167
Barnes-2  No history
Culberson-6  .000
De Leon-1

Grandal  .714 1HR
Ruiz  .750
Seager  .400
Pederson  .400 1 HR

Don't understand why we got Ruiz for 7 AB's in August if he's not going to start against lefties after call-ups.

Hate the lineup. Donny never left. Hello Davey, you're in a damn pennant race. Kike over anybody at this juncture is ludicrous and still batting at the top of the order. Then Charlie over Stud Muffin is crazy since he broke out of his slump last night w/3 hits. Barnes over Chooch or Yas is also crazy because Barnes has yet to hit in the majors. Hey, but he caught JDL in OKC and our veteran catchers can't handle that job. Chutley vs LH & after playing last night is also curious. Howie should be playing 2B & either Joc or Segedin in the OF. This poor offensive lineup has added pressure on the kid to put up zeroes for his debut. 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:09 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Kendrick-7  .455
Hernandez-8  .333
Turner-5  .167
Gonzalez-3  .444
Puig-9  .333
Utley-4  .167
Barnes-2  No history
Culberson-6  .000
De Leon-1

Grandal  .714 1HR
Ruiz  .750
Seager  .400
Pederson  .400 1 HR

Hate the lineup. Donny never left. Hello Davey, you're in a damn pennant race. Kike over anybody at this juncture is ludicrous and still batting at the top of the order. Then Charlie over Stud Muffin is crazy since he broke out of his slump last night w/3 hits. Barnes over Chooch or Yas is also crazy because Barnes has yet to hit in the majors. Hey, but he caught JDL in OKC and our veteran catchers can't handle that job. Chutley vs LH & after playing last night is also curious. Howie should be playing 2B & either Joc or Segedin in the OF. This poor offensive lineup has added pressure on the kid to put up zeroes for his debut. 
These curious (I'm being nice...who knew I could?) lineups are a big reason for our pathetic production against lefties.  The Padres skipped over Friedrick's las start partially to make sure they could throw two lefties at us in this series.  Agree on Kendrick playing second (someone may have to give directions, seems it's been that long), and anyone but Kike' batting second, no less.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:12 PM

WildHare wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Kendrick-7  .455
Hernandez-8  .333
Turner-5  .167
Gonzalez-3  .444
Puig-9  .333
Utley-4  .167
Barnes-2  No history
Culberson-6  .000
De Leon-1

Grandal  .714 1HR
Ruiz  .750
Seager  .400
Pederson  .400 1 HR

These curious (I'm being nice...who knew I could?) lineups are a big reason for our pathetic production against lefties.  The Padres skipped over Friedrick's las start partially to make sure they could throw two lefties at us in this series.  Agree on Kendrick playing second (someone may have to give directions, seems it's been that long), and anyone but Kike' batting second, no less.

This is where I agree with Russo.  Pigpen just doesn't have any imagination.   Toles sits, Kike plays?   I would rather have the Spanish speaking Ruiz (even though JDL's English is quite good, there is some comfort level with the same language) catching and if he was going to sit Seager, then he should've done it on Friday.    

One out.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:20 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Get a real freakin' left fielder out there! If this team actually wins, it will be despite Pigpen

Yep, nice way to drive up the kid's pitch count. Turner is as sluggish as Adrian and the insistence of Howie in LF is ridiculous w/other competent choices. Although Howie's been adequate, he's not great. 

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:23 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Get a real freakin' left fielder out there! If this team actually wins, it will be despite Pigpen

Yep, nice way to drive up the kid's pitch count. Turner is as sluggish as Adrian and the insistence of Howie in LF is ridiculous w/other competent choices. Although Howie's been adequate, he's not great. 

I will agree, Howard Kendrick has not been awful in left, but he is also not in charge out there.   He should be playing second and even though Toles bats lefthanded, he should be in center and Kike should be sitting on the bench in OKC.   Segedin should be in left, at least he can hit the damned ball.   As soon as I type this, Kike makes me eat crow with a hit to right. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#20 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:53 PM

Wish the hp ump would call that high strike equally.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help