Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:57 PM

Pigpen's paint by the numbers lineup bites us on the backside again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:59 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

WildHare wrote:Same old risp bull no matter what.

Seems a lot like Friday night.  

Howie is not a player I want to be at bat in clutch RBI spots. 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:10 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Pigpen's paint by the numbers lineup bites us on the backside again.

Bench Coach Geren isn't any help either. He was clueless in OAK. 

Might be the spot where AJ fits in next year.   Geren is an idiot, there is no doubt about that fact. 

Russell with a leadoff double in Chicago. 

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:11 PM

That's the Puig we want to see.

On a different note, I like Dave Roberts but his lineups are just the worst. Hey idiot, it's a pennant race! What the hell is wrong with this guy anyway?

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:14 PM

Cubs tie SF 2-2 and still hitting in the ninth.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:17 PM

Shmolnick wrote:

On a different note, I like Dave Roberts but his lineups are just the worst. Hey idiot, it's a pennant race! What the hell is wrong with this guy anyway?

The price we pay for hiring managers w/ZERO experience. Hey, but they're great clubhouse & PR guys. 

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:20 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:

The price we pay for hiring managers w/ZERO experience. Hey, but they're great clubhouse & PR guys. 
Yeah right, that mystical "clubhouse" factor we all keep hearing about. Hey how about this theory - the one that says that smart lineups create winning and winning creates chemistry? Did Roberts skip that chapter in his Major League Baseball Management for Dummies book?

We coulda had Joe Maddon but noooooooo.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:20 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:

Like to dream about Kapler running this show.   Somehow, I don't see Kike getting this many starts.  

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:26 PM

And can somebody please tell me why the best hitter on the team, Seager, is sitting in favor of Charlie Culberson (who just struck out)? Can I get some of what Roberts is smoking?

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:28 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:

Yeah right, that mystical "clubhouse" factor we all keep hearing about. Hey how about this theory - the one that says that smart lineups create winning and winning creates chemistry? Did Roberts skip that chapter in his Major League Baseball Management for Dummies book?

Mixed messages on clubhouse chemistry.  We trade AJ, yet send Puig down, then bring Puig back.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:30 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
 Can I get some of what Roberts is smoking?
You don't really want to get that messed up, do you?

I like Dave, but some of these spring training lineups vs. lefties just floor me.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:32 PM

WildHare wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

Mixed messages on clubhouse chemistry.  We trade AJ, yet send Puig down, then bring Puig back.

I'm thinking AJ could have done what Barnes is doing today. Heck, the new guy could be doing what Barnes is doing. Is this Roberts trying to give everyone a chance to play, like in little league? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help