Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:32 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:
That's the Puig we want to see.

On a different note, I like Dave Roberts but his lineups are just the worst. Hey idiot, it's a pennant race! What the hell is wrong with this guy anyway?

The price we pay for hiring managers w/ZERO experience. Hey, but they're great clubhouse & PR guys. 

Roberts seemed to learn one lesson well from his immediate four predecessors.  When you want to give players some rest, instead of resting one per game spread over several games why not rest a bunch at the same time to ensure your lineup sucks?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:35 PM

beefchopper wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:
That's the Puig we want to see.

On a different note, I like Dave Roberts but his lineups are just the worst. Hey idiot, it's a pennant race! What the hell is wrong with this guy anyway?

The price we pay for hiring managers w/ZERO experience. Hey, but they're great clubhouse & PR guys. 

Roberts seemed to learn one lesson well from his immediate four predecessors.  When you want to give players some rest, instead of resting one per game spread over several games why not rest a bunch at the same time to ensure your lineup sucks?
I'm sure Roberts thinks there's some kind of logic to that thinking. Or he's taking orders from the geniuses in the front office.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:39 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
And can somebody please tell me why the best hitter on the team, Seager, is sitting in favor of Charlie Culberson (who just struck out)? Can I get some of what Roberts is smoking?

It's called Donnyball weed. 4 of our worst hitters in the lineup as if the series was already won and the division locked up. 
Knew the lead wasn't safe at all, but play your least productive players to make it even more difficult.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:43 PM

Why is it when the Dodgers face a rookie pitcher starting his first major league game, they invariably get shut down, but when the Dodgers start a rookie in his first major league game, he doesn't do so great?
I just don't get it. I think I need some of that Donnyball weed.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:47 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
Why is it when the Dodgers face a rookie pitcher starting his first major league game, they invariably get shut down, but when the Dodgers start a rookie in his first major league game, he doesn't do so great?
I just don't get it. I think I need some of that Donnyball weed.

It tells me that the Dodger offense is not that good. I believe they rank in most offensive categories toward the bottom of the league. The times they explode overshadow the many more times they are incompetent. 

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:50 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Bochy sure loves those extra guys from Sacramento, he is going through his pen like a spring training game.

Bochy is all about the matchups and it works for him. 

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:53 PM

bcmaiden wrote:

grabarkewitz wrote:
Bochy sure loves those extra guys from Sacramento, he is going through his pen like a spring training game.

And, unfortunately for the Dodgers, the Giants are playing good ball again. 

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:58 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

grabarkewitz wrote:

It could also be that the Cubs are heavily overrated.   The Gints aren't exactly tearing the cover off of the ball and but the Cubs seem to have issues with teams who have more than one ML pitcher.  

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:01 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

It could also be that the Cubs are heavily overrated.   The Gints aren't exactly tearing the cover off of the ball and but the Cubs seem to have issues with teams who have more than one ML pitcher.  

Cubs have tough pitching, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help