Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:02 PM

Damn, Sanchez seems to box about every pitch. We should be running on this guy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#65 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:08 PM

WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:

And, unfortunately for the Dodgers, the Giants are playing good ball again. 
It could also be that the Cubs are heavily overrated.   The Gints aren't exactly tearing the cover off of the ball and but the Cubs seem to have issues with teams who have more than one ML pitcher.  

Cubs have tough pitching, though.

Arrietta and Lester are good, but I think the Hendricks, Lackey and Hammel are doing it with mirrors.   I am not sold on their pen getting to Chapman in the playoffs.   Remember, Maddon seems to lose something above the neck in the playoffs.  

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:08 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:
bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:Bochy sure loves those extra guys from Sacramento, he is going through his pen like a spring training game.

Bochy is all about the matchups and it works for him. 

And, unfortunately for the Dodgers, the Giants are playing good ball again. It could also be that the Cubs are heavily overrated.   The Gints aren't exactly tearing the cover off of the ball and but the Cubs seem to have issues with teams who have more than one ML pitcher.  

LOL...Cubs are good
Horrible decision for Yas there. Runner on 3B too. 

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:10 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:

And, unfortunately for the Dodgers, the Giants are playing good ball again. It could also be that the Cubs are heavily overrated.   The Gints aren't exactly tearing the cover off of the ball and but the Cubs seem to have issues with teams who have more than one ML pitcher.  

LOL...Cubs are good

Good idea, but wrong baserunner.   

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:15 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:

LOL...Cubs are good
It is not hard to have a good record with interdivision games against Milwaukee and Cincinnati.   Add in their ownage on Pittsbugh and I think that is where they got half of their victories.    I will give you Bryant and Rizzo, they are great hitters, but guys like Russell, Contreras and the rest are falling ass backward into good hitting situations.   I know that the clowns on ESPN love to crow about Russell's high RBI total, but he should have plenty more batting behind Bryant and Rizzo.    I know there is a cult of personality surrounding Joe Maddon, but the Maddon I see is the guy who ruined most of the Tampa arms by overworking them and seemed to be always behind in the playoffs.   Not saying I wouldn't want him running the Dodgers, but I am not going to fawn over him either. 

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:18 PM

Love JDL despite the score. Might be more impressive than Urias at their respective stages. Who knew the Dodger kids were better than Kaz, Norris, Anderson, BMac, etc.? WE DID WE DID WE DID. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:19 PM

WildHare wrote:
Glad JDL didn't inherit his parents' body type.
Actually, when the Dodgers drafted him, he was carrying about thirty more pounds and then the Blue put him in with a nutrionist and an exercise therapist and he dropped a lot of weight and built up some muscle. 

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:23 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Love JDL despite the score. Might be more impressive than Urias at their respective stages. Who knew the Dodger kids were better than Kaz, Norris, Anderson, BMac, etc.? WE DID WE DID WE DID. 

The sad part is that someone from the group of Urias, JDL, Stewart, Buehler, Oaks, DeJong and Alvarez will have to go especially with the talk of Hill signing a potential extension and Ryu, Maeda and the Greinke talk.   Just seems like almost too many arms even though that is refuted on a daily basis.  

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:28 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
Vin is having himself a good 'ol time today. So bright & chipper. 

I was watching the San Diego feed last night and the vignettes with him and Dick Enberg were fantastic.   Dick was interviewing Vin and then Vin turned it around on Dick.    It will be sad when both are done at the end of this season. 

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:32 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:Love JDL despite the score. Might be more impressive than Urias at their respective stages. Who knew the Dodger kids were better than Kaz, Norris, Anderson, BMac, etc.? WE DID WE DID WE DID. 

The sad part is that someone from the group of Urias, JDL, Stewart, Buehler, Oaks, DeJong and Alvarez will have to go especially with the talk of Hill signing a potential extension and Ryu, Maeda and the Greinke talk.   Just seems like almost too many arms even though that is refuted on a daily basis.  

Ryu is done. He ain't making it back. I don't buy the Greinke talk actually happening. I see Kershaw opting out soon. Maeda will be here until his arm explodes and the Hill contract won't be long term if made. They need to find trade partners, I pray, for Kaz & BMac then we don't have to dump very many of those kids. Keeping JDL, Urias, Alvarez, & maybe Buehler, because we don't know how good he can be, is the priority. 

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:35 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:Vin is having himself a good 'ol time today. So bright & chipper. 

I was watching the San Diego feed last night and the vignettes with him and Dick Enberg were fantastic.   Dick was interviewing Vin and then Vin turned it around on Dick.    It will be sad when both are done at the end of this season. 

Enberg was great at NBC Sports, especially during the Olympics. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help