Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:39 PM

bcmaiden wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:

bcmaiden wrote:Love JDL despite the score. Might be more impressive than Urias at their respective stages. Who knew the Dodger kids were better than Kaz, Norris, Anderson, BMac, etc.? WE DID WE DID WE DID. 

The sad part is that someone from the group of Urias, JDL, Stewart, Buehler, Oaks, DeJong and Alvarez will have to go especially with the talk of Hill signing a potential extension and Ryu, Maeda and the Greinke talk.   Just seems like almost too many arms even though that is refuted on a daily basis.  

Ryu is done. He ain't making it back. I don't buy the Greinke talk actually happening. I see Kershaw opting out soon. Maeda will be here until his arm explodes and the Hill contract won't be long term if made. They need to find trade partners, I pray, for Kaz & BMac then we don't have to dump very many of those kids. Keeping JDL, Urias, Alvarez, & maybe Buehler, because we don't know how good he can be, is the priority. 

Until Ryu packs it up and returns for good to Korea, I will figure he will make a comeback.    As for Kershaw, while I expect him to opt out, I expect we will give him an even richer contract.    I figure two and an option for Hill.  As for Maeda, I look to Tanaka and see that he is still hucking it up there with a tear in his UCL so I am not going to write off Maeda because of a "worry" about his elbow.    As for Greinke, it would be foolish to not buy what the Snakes are selling at a discount price.   

Even if all of these things occur or don't, we still have seven or eight quality arms on the farm who can realistically be called ML starters in potential and last I looked most teams don't need more than five on a daily basis.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:44 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Best rookie debut for the Dodgers, this year. Neither Stewart nor Urias got anywhere near the fifth inning.
Um, don't forget Stripling taking a no hitter into the eighth.

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:55 PM

On Yas' homer, I saw Dickerson gliding to the ball and thought he had it. That big dude in the front row made sure he would have to go through him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#94 [url]

Sep 4 16 3:14 PM

WildHare wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Best rookie debut for the Dodgers, this year. Neither Stewart nor Urias got anywhere near the fifth inning.
Um, don't forget Stripling taking a no hitter into the eighth.

Well, to be honest, I think we were all very surprised by that debut.   Stripling wasn't even a guy who was more than blip on the prospect radar following his TJ.  

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Sep 4 16 3:21 PM

I don't know if this was noticed, but it seems like Puig is JDL's best buddy. Maybe this will be the mentor thing for Yasiel and matures Yasiel in the same instance.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help