Hernandez cf
Culberson 2b
Hill p
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 30 16 9:13 PM

I'm normally pretty pessimistic in regards to the Dodgers, so it's a little strange that I believe they'll have little trouble with the Nationals, whether or not they have HFA. So, I find myself more disappointed in tonight's blowout because I really wanted them to snuff out the Giants' even year possibilities.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 1 16 12:12 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
Can we just cut BMac?
I think Doc deserves a little criticism for letting McCarthy go six batters without even recording an out.  4 of those batters came and went without even warming up another arm in the 'pen.  And it wasn't as if they were swinging at first pitches.  He walked the first batter on 4 pitches, and went 2-0 on the next hitter, but still no stirring in the 'pen.  Pretty indefensible to put someone with as troubling a season as BMac is having out there in his first relief appearance in 9 years, without another arm warming beside him.  

I love Doc.  I think he's done a tremendous job as a whole.  But he's made a few head-scratching decisions with our pitchers close and late.  With that nightmare of a bullpen in SF, pulling BMac before Putzgarner had a personal chance to get a little payback would seem to have been the appropriate spot.  We'd have only been down 4-3 at that point.  A great spot for a flame thrower like Baez or Fields to put a 97 mph fastball by the Putz. 

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 1 16 1:05 PM

monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
Can we just cut BMac?
I think Doc deserves a little criticism for letting McCarthy go six batters without even recording an out.  4 of those batters came and went without even warming up another arm in the 'pen.  And it wasn't as if they were swinging at first pitches.  He walked the first batter on 4 pitches, and went 2-0 on the next hitter, but still no stirring in the 'pen.  Pretty indefensible to put someone with as troubling a season as BMac is having out there in his first relief appearance in 9 years, without another arm warming beside him.  

I love Doc.  I think he's done a tremendous job as a whole.  But he's made a few head-scratching decisions with our pitchers close and late.  With that nightmare of a bullpen in SF, pulling BMac before Putzgarner had a personal chance to get a little payback would seem to have been the appropriate spot.  We'd have only been down 4-3 at that point.  A great spot for a flame thrower like Baez or Fields to put a 97 mph fastball by the Putz. 

The really frustrating thing has been that since we clinched the division it seems like the priority has been seeing how everyone is going to fit on the playoff roster instead of winning the games. The lineups have been questionable to try and get a lot of different guys in and situations with the pitching have just been wrong. Hill was doing well through 5 with 82 pitches and the team had just taken a 1 run lead, he should have pitched the 6th and then probably been pinch hit for in the bottom of the inning. But it seems like they had predetermined to give McCarthy some innings to give him a chance to win his way onto the playoff roster - that didn't work very well. All of this stuff really should have been figured out by now. All of us could have told them that Urias was the best bet as a 4th starter in the playoffs. It just seems like we wasted chances this week because the team wants to figure out things that they already know and don't want to admit. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 1 16 1:54 PM

We certainly are not steamrolling into the playoffs right now.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Oct 1 16 2:01 PM

bob007hh wrote:
monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
Can we just cut BMac?

The really frustrating thing has been that since we clinched the division it seems like the priority has been seeing how everyone is going to fit on the playoff roster instead of winning the games. The lineups have been questionable to try and get a lot of different guys in and situations with the pitching have just been wrong. Hill was doing well through 5 with 82 pitches and the team had just taken a 1 run lead, he should have pitched the 6th and then probably been pinch hit for in the bottom of the inning. But it seems like they had predetermined to give McCarthy some innings to give him a chance to win his way onto the playoff roster - that didn't work very well. All of this stuff really should have been figured out by now. All of us could have told them that Urias was the best bet as a 4th starter in the playoffs. It just seems like we wasted chances this week because the team wants to figure out things that they already know and don't want to admit. 
I'm a big believer in momentum, and the last six games have killed that.  Sometimes it hard to turn it off and then back on.  

We've been pretty vocal about those curious lineups vs. lefties.  So, Roberts finally runs the regulars out there against a lefty today, and they look as feeble as the numbers vs. lefties indicate.  

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 1 16 2:24 PM

WildHare wrote:
bob007hh wrote:
monsooner wrote:

I'm a big believer in momentum, and the last six games have killed that.  Sometimes it hard to turn it off and then back on.  

We've been pretty vocal about those curious lineups vs. lefties.  So, Roberts finally runs the regulars out there against a lefty today, and they look as feeble as the numbers vs. lefties indicate.  

The kid hasn't picked up a baseball in about 5 years, and he's going to be 29 next week, but I think I'm going to trot him around for tryouts since the Dodgers can make any slop throwing left hander look like Cy Young.  Today was an embarassment.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 1 16 2:45 PM

bob007hh wrote:
monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
Can we just cut BMac?

I agree totally.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 1 16 3:02 PM

beefchopper wrote:

claude osteen wrote:Man we suck against lefties!

Sure do. Any team that starts a righy against the Dodgers instead of even a shitty lefty is giving us a gift.

That's why the Giants are the team I fear most in the playoffs.  They can throw a lefty or Cueto (who we also suck against) every game.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help