ALDS: Boston and Texas

NLDS: Dodgers and Cubs

ALCS: Boston

NLCS: Dodgers

World Series: Dodgers

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 4 16 3:29 PM

I sure hope you guys predicting the Dodgers will win are correct (obviously). Do you really think that will happen or is that just what you are hoping? I could not possibly wish for the Dodgers to win it all any harder but I would be really, really surprised if they did. Go ahead Dodgers, PLEASE shock me and win it all.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 4 16 3:30 PM

Is this more of what I hope happens, or what I think will happen?

AL Wild Card: Blue Jays (rooting for O's though)

NL Wild Card: Giants (yeah, do I need to say who I'm rooting for?)

ALDS: Red Sox (rooting for Indians) and Rangers

NLDS: Giants (will be rooting for Mets if they beat Giants, but Cubs will beat Mets) and Dodgers

ALCS: Red Sox (rooting for the Rangers or any other team against Red Sox)

NLCS: Giants (obviously not rooting for them against either Nats or Dodgers)

World Series: Giants (because the Dodgers didn't take care of knocking them out twice and this is the punishment)

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 4 16 3:55 PM

beefchopper wrote:
I sure hope you guys predicting the Dodgers will win are correct (obviously). Do you really think that will happen or is that just what you are hoping? I could not possibly wish for the Dodgers to win it all any harder but I would be really, really surprised if they did. Go ahead Dodgers, PLEASE shock me and win it all.

My sentiments exactly, Beef.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 4 16 5:15 PM

beefchopper wrote:

After the way we played the last week it's just more wishful thinking. I think our chances are lower than the Cubs and Giants sadly, but in the preseason picks I had the Dodgers beating the Rangers so I'm definitely not changing it now. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. A hot pitcher and hot hitter can take you a long way in these series. 

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 5 16 4:08 AM

bob007hh wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

After the way we played the last week it's just more wishful thinking. I think our chances are lower than the Cubs and Giants sadly, but in the preseason picks I had the Dodgers beating the Rangers so I'm definitely not changing it now. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. A hot pitcher and hot hitter can take you a long way in these series. 
Yes, my picks are more wishful thinking than science.  Hey, but I'm 1 for 1 after the Jays won.  smiley: smile

I predicted a Dodgers-Rangers World Series, and best case scenario would be the Dodgers winning in six and I'm there.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 5 16 8:29 AM

beefchopper wrote:

I'd say, this year more than any other year in a while, it wouldn't surprise me if they won. Not because they're the most stacked (in fact, compared to 2013-2015, they're worse on paper), but because this season already has made no sense. Any team with these injuries usually don't break 70 wins, much less 90+ and a division title. Especially losing Kershaw, and replacing him with Bud Norris and rookies.  Not to discount Washington, but the Dodgers path to the NLCS is also "easier" this year. In theory, at least. 

On the other hand, this team has horrendous flaws, most notably against LHP. So in terms of teams that defied expectations, I can't quite figure out if they're more like 1988, who won it all, or 2004, these gritty, come from behind underdogs who promptly got stomped in the first round. Neither outcome would surprise me, but I'm feeling generous, so what the hell?

By the way, this poll is based on what you think will happen, instead of what you want. 

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 5 16 6:59 PM

Finally can get on the computer, nasty bit of thunder and lightning just passed to the east and with Matthew heading north through Cuba, we can finally see some stars to the west. Nice pitch, Familia. Then again, we own the guy, so why not suck against the Giants, too.

Geez, Winters is really inconsistent. Mets gave Bum the first three by swinging at just about everything. I hope Bochy burns the hell out of Bum.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:12 PM

As much as I despise the Giants, I am hoping they give the Cubs all they want and then some. If Cueto can go, they got the starting pitching to match the Cubs, both teams' pens are weaknesses and I think the Cubs' overall youth might hurt them. Would not be shocked to see it go the distance.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:17 PM

Conor F'in Gillaspie. As much as I was hoping this felt like 1988 for the Dodgers, it sure feels like the every other year for the Giants when something like this happens. And we let them walk into the playoffs despite their horrible second half by laying down in the last three games.

Last Edited By: beefchopper Oct 5 16 7:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help