Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:21 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Freakin' Familia. Yeah, Met fans there's your closer. All that talk about him being the same league as Jansen and Chapman. The guy is a lit match if there ever was one.
Why are closers either A) incredible mental midgets or B) complete fucking pussies?

Ooh, we can't pitch when it's not a save situation.  Asshole.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:22 PM

beefchopper wrote:
Conor F'in Gillaspie. As much as I was hoping this felt like 1988 for the Dodgers, it sure feels like the every other year for the Giants when something like this happens. And we let them walk into the playoffs despite their horrible second half by laying down in the last three games.

How can you beat a team whose hero doesn't know how to correctly spell either his first or last name?

Last Edited By: beefchopper Oct 5 16 7:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:36 PM

My scorn for the shit fest that is the wild card has been made apparent over the years. The past few every other years, to be exact.

A shit handout system that should not exist. 

Go Cubs. 

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Oct 5 16 7:51 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Freakin' Familia. Yeah, Met fans there's your closer. All that talk about him being the same league as Jansen and Chapman. The guy is a lit match if there ever was one.
Familia is the reincarnation of Armando Benitez.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Oct 5 16 8:17 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Anyone want to speculate on how long it takes Mets' fans to call for Familia to be traded and Collins to be fired? I got by the end of this broadcast.
You don't have to wait for the fans.  The NY Daily News is headlining that Jeurys blowing another post season game is "That Old Familia Feeling!"

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Oct 6 16 6:31 AM

UCSB07 wrote:
Just came by to say voodoo magic is real and in use by sf
The Dodgers should have put the stake into their hearts last weekend instead of continuing auditions for roster spots.  I fear we may regret that big time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#30 [url]

Oct 6 16 6:56 AM

The Dodgers made a big gaffe by committing the rookie mistake of looking ahead and not realizing that baseball is emotional and as cold as they are going into this with 3 straight losses, the Giants have hope and confidence and are red hot.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Oct 6 16 7:58 AM

NewportDodger wrote:
The Dodgers made a big gaffe by committing the rookie mistake of looking ahead and not realizing that baseball is emotional and as cold as they are going into this with 3 straight losses, the Giants have hope and confidence and are red hot.

And they have experience, Bum and, I fear, karma.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Oct 6 16 8:08 AM

While I've learned my lesson to dismiss the Giants after the last few runs, I do think that there are some key differences this year compared to the past that work against them. They have Princess Incest, yes, but they also have Santiago Casilla and a trash bullpen, something that wasn't the case the other years. They're also missing Sandoval, who routinely would turn into Ted Williams in October. Also, after Cueto (who himself was shaky this time, last year), the rotation gets way iffier. It's not to say they still can't do it, God knows how much they've defied logic in October, but I think this team, more than years past, is most vulnerable. The Cubs are going to have to take the first two games to make Princess Incest irrelevant in game 3.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Oct 6 16 8:30 AM

Matthew wrote:
While I've learned my lesson to dismiss the Giants after the last few runs, I do think that there are some key differences this year compared to the past that work against them. They have Princess Incest, yes, but they also have Santiago Casilla and a trash bullpen, something that wasn't the case the other years. They're also missing Sandoval, who routinely would turn into Ted Williams in October. Also, after Cueto (who himself was shaky this time, last year), the rotation gets way iffier. It's not to say they still can't do it, God knows how much they've defied logic in October, but I think this team, more than years past, is most vulnerable. The Cubs are going to have to take the first two games to make Princess Incest irrelevant in game 3.
All 100% true and good reasons that they should not be standing at the end.  But also true is how they have consistently defied logic in October.  There is no Sandoval but is there a Sandoval clone 2016 version in the waiting?

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Oct 6 16 10:07 AM

beefchopper wrote:
Matthew wrote:
All 100% true and good reasons that they should not be standing at the end.  But also true is how they have consistently defied logic in October.  There is no Sandoval but is there a Sandoval clone 2016 version in the waiting?

Gillespie as far as last night. That was basically the equivalent of Culberson hitting his division winning homer to get the Dodgers to the NLDS.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 6 16 10:22 AM

beefchopper wrote:

Matthew wrote:While I've learned my lesson to dismiss the Giants after the last few runs, I do think that there are some key differences this year compared to the past that work against them. They have Princess Incest, yes, but they also have Santiago Casilla and a trash bullpen, something that wasn't the case the other years. They're also missing Sandoval, who routinely would turn into Ted Williams in October. Also, after Cueto (who himself was shaky this time, last year), the rotation gets way iffier. It's not to say they still can't do it, God knows how much they've defied logic in October, but I think this team, more than years past, is most vulnerable. The Cubs are going to have to take the first two games to make Princess Incest irrelevant in game 3.

That's exactly it. Texas should have stomped them in 2010, Detroit in 2012, Washington in 2014 (thanks again, Matt Williams), etc. I'm pretty concerned as well.

Quite honestly, I'd say, based on all the teams left, I'd say the Cubs and Boston would be the teams that have the best shot at taking them out. I'd say the Dodgers too, believe it or not, but in that case I'd mostly be appealing to historical/rivalry/our crazy mojo vs. their crazy mojo type of thing than baseball reasons. Let's hope the Cubs makes all this moot. 

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 6 16 10:31 AM

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

Matthew wrote:While I've learned my lesson to dismiss the Giants after the last few runs, I do think that there are some key differences this year compared to the past that work against them. They have Princess Incest, yes, but they also have Santiago Casilla and a trash bullpen, something that wasn't the case the other years. They're also missing Sandoval, who routinely would turn into Ted Williams in October. Also, after Cueto (who himself was shaky this time, last year), the rotation gets way iffier. It's not to say they still can't do it, God knows how much they've defied logic in October, but I think this team, more than years past, is most vulnerable. The Cubs are going to have to take the first two games to make Princess Incest irrelevant in game 3.

That's exactly it. Texas should have stomped them in 2010, Detroit in 2012, Washington in 2014 (thanks again, Matt Williams), etc. I'm pretty concerned as well.

Quite honestly, I'd say, based on all the teams left, I'd say the Cubs and Boston would be the teams that have the best shot at taking them out. I'd say the Dodgers too, believe it or not, but in that case I'd mostly be appealing to historical/rivalry/our crazy mojo vs. their crazy mojo type of thing than baseball reasons. Let's hope the Cubs makes all this moot. 

Agreed.  obviously I'm praying the Dodgers win but if they don't anyone else wouldn't bother me except the Giants.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 6 16 11:49 AM

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

Honestly, as much as I loathe the gnats, I'd rather they take out the Cubs for us.  MUCH rather play the bullpen game with them, than face the Cubs' offense.  And what Dodger fan wouldn't enjoy the chance to knock them square in their "believen'" faces?  I'm well aware of the risk of losing to them in said situation (and how devastating that would be to Dodger fans everywhere), but I just don't see us losing a 7-game series to them.  

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 6 16 3:35 PM

monsooner wrote:

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

Honestly, as much as I loathe the gnats, I'd rather they take out the Cubs for us.  MUCH rather play the bullpen game with them, than face the Cubs' offense.  And what Dodger fan wouldn't enjoy the chance to knock them square in their "believen'" faces?  I'm well aware of the risk of losing to them in said situation (and how devastating that would be to Dodger fans everywhere), but I just don't see us losing a 7-game series to them.  

No thanks. I've no desire whatsoever to see us face three lefties + Cueto.  Of course, we have to get past the Nationals first.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help