Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 6 16 9:09 PM

Tags : :

The Face off. Kershaw v. Scherzer

This is a big game for the Dodgers. They played horribly the last week and need to turn that switch and get things going again. In a best of 5 series we really need to get at least one of the first 2 on the road so hopefully it's this one. 

Someone can post the actual lineup when it is released. 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 7 16 5:44 AM

Andrew Toles, who starts in LF for #Dodgers tomorrow, doubled on his first swing this season. That was at Class A Rancho Cucamonga.

Kershaw on Toles: "Is he starting? That's awesome."

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 7 16 7:13 AM

beefchopper wrote:
Andrew Toles, who starts in LF for #Dodgers tomorrow, doubled on his first swing this season. That was at Class A Rancho Cucamonga.

Kershaw on Toles: "Is he starting? That's awesome."
I think Howie Kendrick was something like 2 for his last 32 in the regular season, and Toles should represent a nice defensive upgrade, as well.

We all know that Torre and DM would have started the veteran over the rookie, logic be damned.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 7 16 9:14 AM

WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
Andrew Toles, who starts in LF for #Dodgers tomorrow, doubled on his first swing this season. That was at Class A Rancho Cucamonga.

Kershaw on Toles: "Is he starting? That's awesome."
I think Howie Kendrick was something like 2 for his last 32 in the regular season, and Toles should represent a nice defensive upgrade, as well.

We all know that Torre and DM would have started the veteran over the rookie, logic be damned.

I agree completely.  No way either of them would have started the rookie.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 7 16 11:22 AM

DODGERS
Chase Utley, 2B
Corey Seager, SS
Justin Turner, 3B
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Josh Reddick, RF
Joc Pederson, CF
Yasmani Grandal, C
Andrew Toles, LF
Clayton Kershaw, P
NATIONALS
Trea Turner, CF
Bryce Harper, RF
Jayson Werth, LF
Daniel Murphy, 2B
Anthony Rendon, 3B
Ryan Zimmerman, 1B
Danny Espinosa, SS
Pedro Severino, C
Max Scherzer, P

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 7 16 1:43 PM

Hopefully that HBP doesn't linger for Turner. Seemed to do that on the one he took to the hand on Opening Day.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#16 [url]

Oct 7 16 1:59 PM

Matthew wrote:
Kershaw strikes out the side. Or for Harold Reynolds, it's time to panic.

Why does Reynolds have a job?

I guess he is a step up from the big hurt who said in the pregame show: "the Dodgers won this year despite all the diversity they faced".

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:02 PM

beefchopper wrote:

Matthew wrote:Kershaw strikes out the side. Or for Harold Reynolds, it's time to panic.

Why does Reynolds have a job?

I guess he is a step up from the big hurt who said in the pregame show: "the Dodgers won this year despite all the diversity they faced".

Oh man, did he really say that?  That's both sad and hilarious.

Reynolds is one of those guys who comes off smooth on TV and is a good personality, and even seems likable, so it fools a lot of people into thinking that he therefore knows what he's talking about.  Which, sadly, he does not.  

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:05 PM

beefchopper wrote:
Nice to strike out the sides but I wish Clayton didn't need 17 pitches.

Yeah, that was the one fly in the ointment.  He overthrew a bit at times (expected in a start like this) and thought he got a little too cute with the sidearm stuff to Harper.  I like that Kershaw has added that, but when the guy has struck out approximately 150 times against you, just put him away.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:08 PM

You call yourself J.P., but then have Jon listed. Pick a name, Morosi.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help