Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:56 PM

We've heard a lot of complaints on this board about Ellis calling too many fastballs. How about a few for Grandal calling too few?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:58 PM

Matthew wrote:
I don't care if he's Clayton Kershaw, he has nothing. Get someone warming up.

Right.  He is not long for this game either way but seems completely uncomfortable with Grandal.  I'm shocked they didn't work out a clearer game plan BEFORE this game.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:02 PM

beefchopper wrote:

Matthew wrote:I don't care if he's Clayton Kershaw, he has nothing. Get someone warming up.

Right.  He is not long for this game either way but seems completely uncomfortable with Grandal.  I'm shocked they didn't work out a clearer game plan BEFORE this game.

And it's not like they've never worked together over the past two years.  It's a minor miracle that 2 runs is all they have.  There's nothing comfortable or efficient with Kershaw, right now.  This game is still salvageable, and I'll take a 2 run lead in the 4th against Max Scherzer, but you just get this feeling that Kershaw is on the verge of getting absolutely pummeled, game 6 NLCS style.  They need to have a very short leash on him and, if they pull him, for the love of all things holy, don't put Joan in for him.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:05 PM

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

Matthew wrote:I don't care if he's Clayton Kershaw, he has nothing. Get someone warming up.

And it's not like they've never worked together over the past two years.  It's a minor miracle that 2 runs is all they have.  There's nothing comfortable or efficient with Kershaw, right now.  This game is still salvageable, and I'll take a 2 run lead in the 4th against Max Scherzer, but you just get this feeling that Kershaw is on the verge of getting absolutely pummeled, game 6 NLCS style.  They need to have a very short leash on him and, if they pull him, for the love of all things holy, don't put Joan in for him.
Or Anderson.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:17 PM

Matthew wrote:
My fear is that the offense goes cold, now, while Washington comes back and takes this.

Right.  Scherzer seems to be cruising now.

The Dodgers are ahead but somehow I feel like they are down by five.  We had better score a bunch more.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:18 PM

beefchopper wrote:
We've heard a lot of complaints on this board about Ellis calling too many fastballs. How about a few for Grandal calling too few?
Thank you.  My sentiments exactly.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:20 PM

beefchopper wrote:

...and another thing, a pitcher of Kershaw's status throws the pitch he wants.  Never understood the Ellis criticism, and I'm not blaming Yas for pitch selection, either.  Unless you're a rookie pitcher, and not necessarily even then, the pitcher makes his pitch selection.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:25 PM

Matthew wrote:
Kershaw hitting for himself in the 5th. This feels like a big mistake.
I figure if he gets in trouble with Werth and Murphy, his day is done.  Kind of like Torre...let him hit and then give him the hook.

Is there like an extra thirty seconds of commercials between innings, or is it just me?

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Oct 7 16 3:40 PM

Talk about playing with fire. This team is damn lucky they're still up 4-3 through 5. On one hand, good for Clayton to be able to gut through that without getting fully pummeled, but he and Grandal sure as hell better get their shit together and be on the same page, next time. Way, way too much disconnect between two players that have been doing this together for two years.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help