#141 [url]

Oct 8 16 12:35 PM

monsooner wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Clayton Kershaw: postseason menace.

I'll even accept that after this win,

I gotta give Doc an A+ for tonight too.
Once again, out of my mouth 16 hours ago, right onto Beef's post.

Doc deserves a portion of that heavyweight belt JT and KJ were sharing yesterday in the presser.  Every move he made turned into gold.  Yes, the Blanton move in the 6th was interesting, followed by trusting Baez later.  But they worked.  Honestly, with one full season under his hat, Doc is a WAY better manager than Mattingly will ever be, and might prove to be the X-factor in us finally getting to the show, even with Dodgers teams that just don't match up well against the 2013-2015 teams.  Yes, I acknowledge that the bullpen's prowess makes such a game much easier to manage.  But I never figured Donny for a statistician, or for a good chess player.  Doc was thinking many, many moves ahead yesterday.  Great job, DR.

And Clayton... man, oh man.  Like Matthew and many of you, I was wringing my hands for the 2+ hours it took to get through 5 innings, all the while feeling like I'd understand if Doc pulled him after 4 - heck, even after 3+ when he got into trouble again.  He just didn't have his stuff.  I feel like his back was bothering him - the entire outing reminded me of his last outing in May.  Very frustrating for him to throw and not get the results he wanted.  Just like the last week of May.  So I'm a little concerned we'll be hearing about the medical staff checking him out today.  But that aside, he became a bulldog, and his 4th and 5th inning performance to keep the lead in the visitor's hands should be revered as his best GRINDER moment of his entire career.  Kudos, CK!

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I doubt it was his back.  If anything he was throwing harder than normal.  Maybe he was too amped up but it seemed it was just a case that he had zero control of his slider.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

Oct 8 16 12:58 PM

beefchopper wrote:

monsooner wrote:
beefchopper wrote:Matthew wrote:Clayton Kershaw: postseason menace.

Doc deserves a portion of that heavyweight belt JT and KJ were sharing yesterday in the presser.  Every move he made turned into gold.  Yes, the Blanton move in the 6th was interesting, followed by trusting Baez later.  But they worked.  Honestly, with one full season under his hat, Doc is a WAY better manager than Mattingly will ever be, and might prove to be the X-factor in us finally getting to the show, even with Dodgers teams that just don't match up well against the 2013-2015 teams.  Yes, I acknowledge that the bullpen's prowess makes such a game much easier to manage.  But I never figured Donny for a statistician, or for a good chess player.  Doc was thinking many, many moves ahead yesterday.  Great job, DR.

And Clayton... man, oh man.  Like Matthew and many of you, I was wringing my hands for the 2+ hours it took to get through 5 innings, all the while feeling like I'd understand if Doc pulled him after 4 - heck, even after 3+ when he got into trouble again.  He just didn't have his stuff.  I feel like his back was bothering him - the entire outing reminded me of his last outing in May.  Very frustrating for him to throw and not get the results he wanted.  Just like the last week of May.  So I'm a little concerned we'll be hearing about the medical staff checking him out today.  But that aside, he became a bulldog, and his 4th and 5th inning performance to keep the lead in the visitor's hands should be revered as his best GRINDER moment of his entire career.  Kudos, CK!

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I doubt it was his back.  If anything he was throwing harder than normal.  Maybe he was too amped up but it seemed it was just a case that he had zero control of his slider.

That's very possible.  Cole Hamels described his bad outing by saying that he felt too strong after a long time between starts.

Quote    Reply   

#143 [url]

Oct 8 16 2:01 PM

beefchopper wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
How long are they going to drag today out trying to get the game in?
I guess not too long.  Postponed until Sunday.  Same game time.

Not the same game time.  Tomorrow it is 1PM Eastern, 10AM PST.
Yep.  Realized that after I had sent it and didn't bother fixing it.  Just making sure everyone was on top of things. smiley: pimp

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Oct 8 16 2:24 PM

Norm wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

monsooner wrote:

That's very possible.  Cole Hamels described his bad outing by saying that he felt too strong after a long time between starts.
That's totally possible.  Haven't heard anything official on the back, and one would think we'd have heard by now.  So I'm down with this ^ explanation. smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

#145 [url]

Oct 8 16 3:20 PM

Before 6 p.m EDT., the rain had stopped in D.C. with no more rain until after midnight. Seems they may have jumped the gun a little on the postponement. Probably didn't want to delay the game until the start of the SF-Cubs game.

Tomorrow looks dry at game time with 20+ mph north winds.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help