Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Oct 11 16 3:59 PM

Spend $10 on your bullpen and you will eventually get the ROI you deserve. Doesn't matter what they did during the season if they choke when it really matters.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#83 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:00 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
Spend $10 on your bullpen and you will eventually get the ROI you deserve. Doesn't matter what they did during the season if they choke when it really matters.

Good thing those expensive bullpens in 2013-2014 got their ROI…

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:01 PM

Matthew wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

More often than not, when you pay for quality, you get quality.  When you pay for retreads and old players, you get that ROI.

Quote    Reply   

#88 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:04 PM

UCSB07 wrote:
Should have been Kersh to Blanton to Jansen imo... I trust Blanton way more than the rest, especially with 1+ inning

That will be a Manager question for sure postgame regardless of a W or an L.  

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:05 PM

NewportDodger wrote:

Matthew wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:Spend $10 on your bullpen and you will eventually get the ROI you deserve. Doesn't matter what they did during the season if they choke when it really matters.

More often than not, you get what you pay for.  Ask the Cubs.

The Cubs, whose bullpen also shit the bed, last night?

I agree with the general premise, at least with SP and hitting, but I'm not sure it translates with bullpens. But there's plenty of time to discuss that. Right now, just win the freaking game, Dodgers. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#93 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:06 PM

WildHare wrote:
So, of course now we can all say Blanton should have been in for Clayton. Or, Dayton instead of Avilan.

I like that DR have kersh his opportunity to take care of his own business against harper... But after that i think it was a mistake to not bring in blanton right away

Quote    Reply   

#94 [url]

UCSB07 wrote:
Should have been Kersh to Blanton to Jansen imo... I trust Blanton way more than the rest, especially with 1+ inning

Joan has proven annually that he has no business in a high leverage situation, particularly in the playoffs. He's played a huge role in why Kershaw's postseason reputation is what it is. 

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Matthew wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

Matthew wrote:

More often than not, you get what you pay for.  Ask the Cubs.

The Cubs, whose bullpen also shit the bed, last night?

I agree with the general premise, at least with SP and hitting, but I'm not sure it translates with bullpens. But there's plenty of time to discuss that. Right now, just win the freaking game, Dodgers. 
The Cubs are going to win the World Series.  I understand though.  I'm just pissed off and venting.  I get your point.

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:17 PM

I guess the Josh Reddick experiment will probably end after the season. I don't see them keeping him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help