Remove this ad

#124 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:55 PM

WildHare wrote:
So, of course now we can all say Blanton should have been in for Clayton. Or, Dayton instead of Avilan.
Perhaps I was reading into Blanton's strike-out pitch, but he sure seemed to say - with his body language - that HE thinks he shoulda got the call after CK.  I was indeed wondering that.  Thought maybe he wasn't available to go more than one or two outs tonight, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Unlike the first game, not all of Doc's moves had that Midas touch tonight.

Quote    Reply   

#125 [url]

Oct 11 16 4:58 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
How do you feel right now if you are Kershaw? Warrior performance wasted by two losers.
Knowing Clayton's past and personality (somewhat), I doubt he's thinking that at all.  He put the runners there, with a little help from Hallion.  He's not the type to blame his teammates for not picking him up.  Heck, they picked him up for two months while he was out.  

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Oct 11 16 5:00 PM

We get the series extended despite some epic horrible calls from the two home plate umps, Kulpa and Hallion, the last two games. After all the bad calls, the first pitch by Kenley to Harper had ALL of the zone yet called a ball. If we can get through this, we can win in D.C. Thursday.

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Oct 11 16 5:02 PM

monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
How do you feel right now if you are Kershaw? Warrior performance wasted by two losers.
Knowing Clayton's past and personality (somewhat), I doubt he's thinking that at all.  He put the runners there, with a little help from Hallion.  He's not the type to blame his teammates for not picking him up.  Heck, they picked him up for two months while he was out.  

Great point, plus winning cures all.  Another case of the numbers making Clayton look pretty pedestrian, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Oct 11 16 5:04 PM

WildHare wrote:
monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
How do you feel right now if you are Kershaw? Warrior performance wasted by two losers.
Knowing Clayton's past and personality (somewhat), I doubt he's thinking that at all.  He put the runners there, with a little help from Hallion.  He's not the type to blame his teammates for not picking him up.  Heck, they picked him up for two months while he was out.  

Great point, plus winning cures all.  Another case of the numbers making Clayton look pretty pedestrian, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Yep.  People who actually watch the games know the real Clayton.  The numbers don't tell the story in his case, regarding the playoffs.

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Oct 11 16 5:14 PM

@McCulloughTimes: Message on Dodgers white board:

"THE UMPS LOST."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#133 [url]

Oct 11 16 8:37 PM

I was at synagogue tonight from the 4th inning on so taped it and just finished watching the rest of the game. I gave Doc an A+ for game 1 but I'd give him an F- tonight. I would have let Kershaw start the 7th but said to my son (who was saying he thought he should have been pulled after the 6th) that I'd let Clay pitch the 7th until one runner got on. I was surprised when he was left in to pitch to another batter after the leadoff hit and shocked when he was left in until he loaded the bases. Kershaw in the 7th inning of the playoffs? The stats crazy Dodgers don't remember what that has meant? Plus, the guy was on short rest after pitching 101 pitches last time out, 101 extremely tough pitches, and was now way over 100 and he was left in? But all that paled to bringing in Baez at that point. I was close to puking at that move. I am actually astonished Baez didn't give up a grand slam but his first and only pitch was so horrible that he really didn't have a chance to blow it all by himself. Horrible, horrible , inexcusably horrible job by Roberts.

Now after seeing the the Dodgers win followed by watching the end of the Cubs-Giants live an seeing the Giants lose, I am positively giddy. Quite a comeback from trying to choosing between suicide and murder after watching the 7th just an hour earlier.

Last Edited By: beefchopper Oct 11 16 8:41 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

Oct 13 16 4:20 AM

beefchopper wrote:
I was at synagogue tonight from the 4th inning on so taped it and just finished watching the rest of the game. I gave Doc an A+ for game 1 but I'd give him an F- tonight. I would have let Kershaw start the 7th but said to my son (who was saying he thought he should have been pulled after the 6th) that I'd let Clay pitch the 7th until one runner got on. I was surprised when he was left in to pitch to another batter after the leadoff hit and shocked when he was left in until he loaded the bases. Kershaw in the 7th inning of the playoffs? The stats crazy Dodgers don't remember what that has meant? Plus, the guy was on short rest after pitching 101 pitches last time out, 101 extremely tough pitches, and was now way over 100 and he was left in? But all that paled to bringing in Baez at that point. I was close to puking at that move. I am actually astonished Baez didn't give up a grand slam but his first and only pitch was so horrible that he really didn't have a chance to blow it all by himself. Horrible, horrible , inexcusably horrible job by Roberts.

Now after seeing the the Dodgers win followed by watching the end of the Cubs-Giants live an seeing the Giants lose, I am positively giddy. Quite a comeback from trying to choosing between suicide and murder after watching the 7th just an hour earlier.
Bochy's reputation certainly took a hit Tuesday night.  Parading five relievers out there who collectively gave up four runs is pretty bad.  The first four managed only one out, and all the while he left Casilla (recent struggles notwithstanding) and his 31 saves and great postseason resume' cooling his heels in the pen.

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

Oct 13 16 6:10 AM

WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
I was at synagogue tonight from the 4th inning on so taped it and just finished watching the rest of the game. I gave Doc an A+ for game 1 but I'd give him an F- tonight. I would have let Kershaw start the 7th but said to my son (who was saying he thought he should have been pulled after the 6th) that I'd let Clay pitch the 7th until one runner got on. I was surprised when he was left in to pitch to another batter after the leadoff hit and shocked when he was left in until he loaded the bases. Kershaw in the 7th inning of the playoffs? The stats crazy Dodgers don't remember what that has meant? Plus, the guy was on short rest after pitching 101 pitches last time out, 101 extremely tough pitches, and was now way over 100 and he was left in? But all that paled to bringing in Baez at that point. I was close to puking at that move. I am actually astonished Baez didn't give up a grand slam but his first and only pitch was so horrible that he really didn't have a chance to blow it all by himself. Horrible, horrible , inexcusably horrible job by Roberts.

Now after seeing the the Dodgers win followed by watching the end of the Cubs-Giants live an seeing the Giants lose, I am positively giddy. Quite a comeback from trying to choosing between suicide and murder after watching the 7th just an hour earlier.
Bochy's reputation certainly took a hit Tuesday night.  Parading five relievers out there who collectively gave up four runs is pretty bad.  The first four managed only one out, and all the while he left Casilla (recent struggles notwithstanding) and his 31 saves and great postseason resume' cooling his heels in the pen.

I think his most questionable move was pulling Moore in the first place.  Yes, he had 120 pitches but he was cruising, was backed by the worst bullpen imaginable  for a contender and it was an elimination game.  I definitely would have let Moore at least start the inning and if he put one or more on base yanked him then.  I think the famous melon head was rotten.

Quote    Reply   

#137 [url]

Oct 13 16 7:58 AM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
I was at synagogue tonight from the 4th inning on so taped it and just finished watching the rest of the game. I gave Doc an A+ for game 1 but I'd give him an F- tonight. I would have let Kershaw start the 7th but said to my son (who was saying he thought he should have been pulled after the 6th) that I'd let Clay pitch the 7th until one runner got on. I was surprised when he was left in to pitch to another batter after the leadoff hit and shocked when he was left in until he loaded the bases. Kershaw in the 7th inning of the playoffs? The stats crazy Dodgers don't remember what that has meant? Plus, the guy was on short rest after pitching 101 pitches last time out, 101 extremely tough pitches, and was now way over 100 and he was left in? But all that paled to bringing in Baez at that point. I was close to puking at that move. I am actually astonished Baez didn't give up a grand slam but his first and only pitch was so horrible that he really didn't have a chance to blow it all by himself. Horrible, horrible , inexcusably horrible job by Roberts.

Now after seeing the the Dodgers win followed by watching the end of the Cubs-Giants live an seeing the Giants lose, I am positively giddy. Quite a comeback from trying to choosing between suicide and murder after watching the 7th just an hour earlier.
Bochy's reputation certainly took a hit Tuesday night.  Parading five relievers out there who collectively gave up four runs is pretty bad.  The first four managed only one out, and all the while he left Casilla (recent struggles notwithstanding) and his 31 saves and great postseason resume' cooling his heels in the pen.

I think his most questionable move was pulling Moore in the first place.  Yes, he had 120 pitches but he was cruising, was backed by the worst bullpen imaginable  for a contender and it was an elimination game.  I definitely would have let Moore at least start the inning and if he put one or more on base yanked him then.  I think the famous melon head was rotten.

Agree that he should have stuck with Moore.  Seems they could have found some situations during the regular season, though, to try to rejuvenate Casilla.  Bochy totally lost confidence in him and then after brief success with Romo, lost confidence in Romo.

A lot of the talking heads on mlbnetwork who second guessed removing Moore in the ninth, also second guessed leaving Kershaw in for the seventh.  Hindsight is 20:20.

Quote    Reply   

#138 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:03 AM

WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
Bochy's reputation certainly took a hit Tuesday night.  Parading five relievers out there who collectively gave up four runs is pretty bad.  The first four managed only one out, and all the while he left Casilla (recent struggles notwithstanding) and his 31 saves and great postseason resume' cooling his heels in the pen.

I think his most questionable move was pulling Moore in the first place.  Yes, he had 120 pitches but he was cruising, was backed by the worst bullpen imaginable  for a contender and it was an elimination game.  I definitely would have let Moore at least start the inning and if he put one or more on base yanked him then.  I think the famous melon head was rotten.

Agree that he should have stuck with Moore.  Seems they could have found some situations during the regular season, though, to try to rejuvenate Casilla.  Bochy totally lost confidence in him and then after brief success with Romo, lost confidence in Romo.

A lot of the talking heads on mlbnetwork who second guessed removing Moore in the ninth, also second guessed leaving Kershaw in for the seventh.  Hindsight is 20:20.

I tuned in the Giants game after Moore had been taken out so I can't say with certainty how I would have felt at the time but I was positively screaming at the TV when Kershaw was left in after the first guy got on in the 7th and said to my son I wanted him out as soon as anyone got on before that inning even started.

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:17 AM

Hill chosen over Urias for the Game 5 start. Assuredly, he'll be on a short leash, because it's an "all hands on deck" kind of game.

Been reading what underdogs the Dodgers are tonight pitted against the Nationals' ace. Scherzer, in his last three games, has an ERA of 5.82. Not saying he isn't a great pitcher, but he's been in a small sample size rut, although he managed to win nine in a row before the Dodgers knocked him off, ending his personal win streak in Game 1.

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Oct 13 16 10:44 AM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
I was at synagogue tonight from the 4th inning on so taped it and just finished watching the rest of the game. I gave Doc an A+ for game 1 but I'd give him an F- tonight. I would have let Kershaw start the 7th but said to my son (who was saying he thought he should have been pulled after the 6th) that I'd let Clay pitch the 7th until one runner got on. I was surprised when he was left in to pitch to another batter after the leadoff hit and shocked when he was left in until he loaded the bases. Kershaw in the 7th inning of the playoffs? The stats crazy Dodgers don't remember what that has meant? Plus, the guy was on short rest after pitching 101 pitches last time out, 101 extremely tough pitches, and was now way over 100 and he was left in? But all that paled to bringing in Baez at that point. I was close to puking at that move. I am actually astonished Baez didn't give up a grand slam but his first and only pitch was so horrible that he really didn't have a chance to blow it all by himself. Horrible, horrible , inexcusably horrible job by Roberts.

Now after seeing the the Dodgers win followed by watching the end of the Cubs-Giants live an seeing the Giants lose, I am positively giddy. Quite a comeback from trying to choosing between suicide and murder after watching the 7th just an hour earlier.
Bochy's reputation certainly took a hit Tuesday night.  Parading five relievers out there who collectively gave up four runs is pretty bad.  The first four managed only one out, and all the while he left Casilla (recent struggles notwithstanding) and his 31 saves and great postseason resume' cooling his heels in the pen.

I think his most questionable move was pulling Moore in the first place.  Yes, he had 120 pitches but he was cruising, was backed by the worst bullpen imaginable  for a contender and it was an elimination game.  I definitely would have let Moore at least start the inning and if he put one or more on base yanked him then.  I think the famous melon head was rotten.

I watched the last few innings of that game, and to say Moore was cruising at that point is an understatement.  Bochy lost that game for the gnats, no doubt about it.  Even the Cubs players in post-game interviews said they couldn't believe Moore didn't come out to start the 9th, and I think Zobrist is the one who said, "We didn't have an answer for Moore, so it was nice to see someone else."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help