Remove this ad

Washington Nationals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Rich Hill vs. Max Scherzer Game #5 NLDS - 10-13-16

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#201 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:22 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
This is 19 inch python dick and elephant balls studly by KJ and CK.

LOL!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#204 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:32 PM

Matthew wrote:
petro wrote:
Ok who here thinks that Mattingly couldve pulled off what Doc just did..... anyone.... anyone..... Buehler?

Hahahahaha

I've been on record as not being a fan of his strategy throughout the year, but Doc was fucking masterful, tonight. Roberts coming up huge in the playoffs, again. 

He was a virtuoso tonight and has incredible balls.

Quote    Reply   

#208 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:37 PM

WildHare wrote:
My hands are finally steady enough to type without mega typographical errors.

Definitely ranks up there with the Gibson and Monday postseason home runs.
Easily as dramatic although winning a World Series game has to get an extra nod.

Quote    Reply   

#211 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:11 PM

WildHare wrote:
My hands are finally steady enough to type without mega typographical errors.

Definitely ranks up there with the Gibson and Monday postseason home runs.

I know there's 2008, 2009, and 2013, but tonight has to be, easily, the most significant and historic Dodger game since game 5 of the 1988 World Series. It feels really weird to say that, but I can't think of anything that comes close. As I watched that 9th inning, it was so surreal not only because of the stakes, but because, for once, I wasn't watching two other teams doing this. For once, it was the Dodgers on the big stage in October, and for once, on the right side of it. 

There's something going on with this team. Enjoy the ride, gentlemen. 

Last Edited By: Matthew Oct 13 16 11:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#212 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:19 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
I guess you can never underestimate heart so while the Cubs are a machine, sometimes the little guy can knock your ass out.

The Cubs are going to be insanely tough, and are probably rightfully still considered the favorites. But if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be a little scared, right now. 

Quote    Reply   

#213 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:30 PM

Kids finally left the house after much celebrating. What. A. GAME!!!!!!!!!!

So many story lines:
- Blanton in the 3rd inning
- Urias the young'un
- Max being hailed (rightly so) as the dominant Ace the Nats needed... until the first pitch in the 7th
- Chooch... two CLUTCH hits in this series. We miss you AJ, but dang, that trade did exactly what it was supposed to do
- JT, MVP of the series? Do they have an MVP of the DS?
- Kenley, 50 pitches until his arm just couldn't do it
- Kershaw... simply the best. Daniel Murphy, you're a stud. But Clayton got you this time, when it mattered most.
- and Doc. The answer is NO. No, Donny's head would explode before he made half the moves Doc even thought about making tonight.

Time to go into Chicago and win at least one of the first two. That's all I'm hoping for this weekend, considering Kershaw and Kenley certainly won't be available for the weekend.

I'm thinking the rotation will be:
Maeda
Urias with Stripling
Kershaw
Hill
Maeda
Urias with Stripling
Kershaw

Quote    Reply   

#214 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:32 PM

And I don't see the 25-man roster changing other than Dayton being replaced by Libby or Howell. Cubs have one lefty starter, just like the Nats. Toles did well enough. And I'd like to see Puig more often than Reddick, at this point.

Quote    Reply   

#215 [url]

Oct 13 16 11:34 PM

Matthew wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
I guess you can never underestimate heart so while the Cubs are a machine, sometimes the little guy can knock your ass out.

The Cubs are going to be insanely tough, and are probably rightfully still considered the favorites. But if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be a little scared, right now. 
Winning the NLCS just keeps the Cubs relevant, right?  I mean, who wants to see them actually WIN?  Nobody.  What fun is that?  

Quote    Reply   

#216 [url]

Oct 14 16 5:49 AM

monsooner wrote:
And I don't see the 25-man roster changing other than Dayton being replaced by Libby or Howell. Cubs have one lefty starter, just like the Nats. Toles did well enough. And I'd like to see Puig more often than Reddick, at this point.
Liberatore is out, elbow surgery.   I like the idea of adding both Brock Stewart and Jose DeLeon to the roster because our starters (even Kershaw) are going to be given very little rope.   I would be shocked if Maeda even goes five on Saturday, not because of pitching badly but because the situation calls for it.   If we get an early run or two off of Lester, the minute the Cubs start making noise, the pen will be up.  

I don't know what to expect on the position player front.   The only move I can see if maybe Micah Johnson (for his base running) and sitting either Culberson or going with only two catchers.   But I think that is very unlikely.    Quietly, I am thinking that whenever this season ends will be Puig's last in a Dodger uniform.    I figure he is Milwaukee bound (for Braun) and we make a big play to resign Reddick and hope Trayce is 100% in '17.  

Quote    Reply   

#217 [url]

Oct 14 16 7:17 AM

[email protected]
#Dodgers went ahead for good when a catcher drove home a catcher. Neither was the starting catcher. Vintage Friedman.

Quote    Reply   

#218 [url]

Oct 14 16 7:23 AM

[email protected]
Winning pitcher: Julio Urias. Save: Clayton Kershaw. Inspiration: Orel Hershiser. Future, present, past. Nice.

I have to wonder if the fact that Hershiser indelibly cemented his legacy as a Dodgers hero by carrying the entire team on his shoulders, including pitching relief on virtually no rest, was in Kershaw's mind when he asked for the ball last night. It was an enormously ballsy move because he was risking confirming his poor past season reputation. a risk nobody was expecting him to take. It is hard for me to not admire him even more (if that is even possible).

Quote    Reply   

#220 [url]

Oct 14 16 7:54 AM

beefchopper wrote:
Who would have predicted that adding Chooch would be more important than adding Hill and Reddick? I sure as hell wouldn't have.

After last night, I've almost forgiven Ruiz for 2008-2009. Another thing I never thought would see the day. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help