Remove this ad

Washington Nationals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - Rich Hill vs. Max Scherzer Game #5 NLDS - 10-13-16

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#241 [url]

Oct 17 16 7:48 PM

hagdag26 wrote:
I would say no, but those numbers are probably out the window once he is a free agent. I guess it would just depend how badly the front office wants to retain him.

I don't think he's worth any more than he was and actually think he should be worth less.  The Dodgers have an exclusive  period of time right after the Series to negotiate with him.  If they want him they should offer what he already asked for and see if he's take it now.  I would be willing to go 2yrs/$24 million for him if my memory is correct that is what he wanted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#243 [url]

Oct 17 16 9:08 PM

Regarding the Puig vs. Reddick playing time: I think it's probably best the way it is, right now.  Puig gets way too overanxious in crunch time, his instincts are, let's say, suspect, and he's proven that in pretty much every playoff series he's been in, with the exception of the 2013 NLDS.  His defense is, of course, great, and he does hit LHP, so he should have some form of consistent at-bats, but I just don't trust giving him a starting position, at least at this time.  Don't get me started on his attempted bunt with two outs and a runner on third in game 2... vintage Puig.

Reddick isn't exactly wowing, either, and his defense is also, let's say, suspect, but he has been hitting since September.  Probably not for a high SLG%, but he's definitely the better hitter, right now.

Quote    Reply   

#244 [url]

Oct 18 16 8:07 AM

hagdag26 wrote:
To me, that's an overpay. But, time will tell I guess.

You may be right.  Obviously Oakland agrees with you because they refused to pay it.  My guess is this season especially unless you want to go dumpster diving you won't be able to get much of a starting pitcher for $12 million.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help