Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:08 PM

So... Toles, steal 3rd? Get a good lead, son.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#27 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:16 PM

It's hard to get Arrieta's no-hitte out of my head from last year. But watching the game tonight, it seems like the Dodgers have really studied the tape on him, not biting at the cutter and slider that's sure to be off the plate. Last year, we swung at so many balls from him. Nice to see some patience.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:16 PM

monsooner wrote:
It's hard to get Arrieta's no-hitte out of my head from last year. But watching the game tonight, it seems like the Dodgers have really studied the tape on him, not biting at the cutter and slider that's sure to be off the plate. Last year, we swung at so many balls from him. Nice to see some patience.

I jinxed Big Red.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:18 PM

WildHare wrote:
I am trying to be laid back; who knew that was even possible? Yesterday, we just got our third Airedale Terrier, over the last 20+ years, all one at a time. She is three years old, and our third rescue, and her name is KoKo. Just renamed her KoKo Koufax, and I'm hoping she is a good postseason and beyond omen. KoKo Koufax is like the reincarnation of our last Airedale, Sandy. (You can probably figure out the origin of that name, too.)

She is not skitzy, but I don't want to upset her and have been admonished by the wife, about my usual Dodger game antics. Would probably be good if I carried that over to the game thread. However, she can't read what I type, so no promises there.

She just came over and nudged my elbow, as if to say the third inning is started and "pay attention."

Who does your dog like tomorrow?  Maybe we can make some money of this.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:39 PM

beefchopper wrote:
Interesting how Grandal sees his role. He was quoted as saying he has three jobs, catching, getting walks and hitting homers.

Sort of like that.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:44 PM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
I am trying to be laid back; who knew that was even possible? Yesterday, we just got our third Airedale Terrier, over the last 20+ years, all one at a time. She is three years old, and our third rescue, and her name is KoKo. Just renamed her KoKo Koufax, and I'm hoping she is a good postseason and beyond omen. KoKo Koufax is like the reincarnation of our last Airedale, Sandy. (You can probably figure out the origin of that name, too.)

She is not skitzy, but I don't want to upset her and have been admonished by the wife, about my usual Dodger game antics. Would probably be good if I carried that over to the game thread. However, she can't read what I type, so no promises there.

She just came over and nudged my elbow, as if to say the third inning is started and "pay attention."

Who does your dog like tomorrow?  Maybe we can make some money of this.
She's a Dodger Dog.  She might be biased.  Like all of us.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:48 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Drive by post - YASMANI-BOMB. Just scared the wimmenfolk again.
Even though KoKo Koufax is pretty laid back compared to our last Airedale, she got a bit concerned on Yas' blast.  

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 18 16 5:49 PM

I stand corrected. Hill sharpened up after the 2nd. Hope we can get another out of him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help