Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:06 PM

Can someone explain why we go with Baez when Wood is gathering dust on the bench? Except for one mistake the Cubs still haven't shown me they have solved lefties.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:12 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
When all fans of baseball are against you and want the gutty little Cubs to win, you will never get the benefit of the doubt or sympathy.

Most archaic system in the world with regards to umpires.
Like any official in any sport, they are considered sancrosanct and cannot be challenged because they allegedly call it square.   Seeing as how stats show that some umpires are either selectively bad or playing favorites, but no official can honestly say they don't notice uniforms or who is pitching or hitting.   Hernandez is just a lousy ump, Jim Joyce believes his own press clippings from 2008 and Laz Dias has to be either vision or mentally challenged.  I can't think of an ump since the days of Doug Harvey who is considered even mediocre.   Byrnes call for robot umps makes more sense each day.  

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:15 PM

I am trying to figure this Cub commercial that seems to play incessantly during the NLCS. One would assume that the MLB would be 50/50 but I have heard this commercial about a dozen times over the past two days and I am still waiting for something that even features the Dodgers. Guess I am just silly in assuming there is no fix.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:34 PM

I was out to dinner and taped the game. Fast forwarding through commercials and worthless interviews I just caught up. The calls in this game are atrocious and so unfair. How could they possibly give that incompetent piece of shit Angel Hernandez a post season slot?? At least we got 2 back here but I'm still beyond furious.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:38 PM

beefchopper wrote:
I was out to dinner and taped the game. Fast forwarding through commercials and worthless interviews I just caught up. The calls in this game are atrocious and so unfair. How could they possibly give that incompetent piece of shit Angel Hernandez a post season slot?? At least we got 2 back here but I'm still beyond furious.

I seriously deliberated putting my foot through my TV but getting a replacement is dicey on this island.   We got two back but Roberts running Kike out there was not the play I would have made.  But, with Barnes on the beach, I figure Ruiz is the last guy off of the bench.  

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Oct 19 16 6:40 PM

beefchopper wrote:
Anyone still think Baez is a future closer? Why is Kike even on the roster much less actually playing? WTF Roberts?

This is a question that I think bothers most every Dodger fan worth his salt.   I know using Puig this early is risky, but there is no guarantee we will be in a situation where we could tie the game. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help