K Bryant 3B
A Rizzo 1B
B Zobrist LF
J Baez 2B
W Contreras C
J Heyward RF
A Russell SS
J Lackey P
Sure would like to see Toles and Utley switched.  Just seems like Toles is so much better suited for the leadoff spot, and Utley, with his experience and patience, for the 8-hole.  But I get the fact it's late in the season for that.  And of course, the offense ain't broke, so no fixing is absolutely necessary.  But from a fan's perspective...

I totally agree with switching Toles and Utley and even think that decision should have been completely obvious to Roberts given Toles' speed and ability to get on base.  As for the added pressure on him moving up in the lineup, this is a guy who was out of baseball last year, started in A ball this year and has made it all the way to starter in the playoffs with nothing fazing him.  I'm sure he would take batting leadoff in stride as well and it would help the team immeasurably.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Oct 20 16 6:54 AM

beefchopper wrote:
monsooner wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
C Utley 2B
C Seager SS
J Turner 3B
A Gonzalez 1B
J Reddick RF
J Pederson CF
Y Grandal C
A Toles LF
J Urias P

D Fowler CF
K Bryant 3B
A Rizzo 1B
B Zobrist LF
J Baez 2B
W Contreras C
J Heyward RF
A Russell SS
J Lackey P
Sure would like to see Toles and Utley switched.  Just seems like Toles is so much better suited for the leadoff spot, and Utley, with his experience and patience, for the 8-hole.  But I get the fact it's late in the season for that.  And of course, the offense ain't broke, so no fixing is absolutely necessary.  But from a fan's perspective...

I totally agree with switching Toles and Utley and even think that decision should have been completely obvious to Roberts given Toles' speed and ability to get on base.  As for the added pressure on him moving up in the lineup, this is a guy who was out of baseball last year, started in A ball this year and has made it all the way to starter in the playoffs with nothing fazing him.  I'm sure he would take batting leadoff in stride as well and it would help the team immeasurably.

I agree that Toles belongs in the lead off spot, but I figure it will be April in '17 before he actually gets that role.   Of course the only way that happens is if we don't resign Reddick (given what it will take to resign Turner, Hill and Jansen, he might be the one that gets away) and are happy with Puig in right on a full time basis.   The only reason I can see for him not batting leadoff yet is that he still looks somewhat tentative at the dish and that year off rust is still there. 

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Oct 20 16 9:55 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
beefchopper wrote:
monsooner wrote:

I agree that Toles belongs in the lead off spot, but I figure it will be April in '17 before he actually gets that role.   Of course the only way that happens is if we don't resign Reddick (given what it will take to resign Turner, Hill and Jansen, he might be the one that gets away) and are happy with Puig in right on a full time basis.   The only reason I can see for him not batting leadoff yet is that he still looks somewhat tentative at the dish and that year off rust is still there. 

Don't expect to see Reddick back next year.  We have plenty of lefty bats in the outfield with Joc, Toles, and a healthy Ethier.  We definitely need to re-up Kenley and JT.  With Hill's injury history and age, that one is debatable.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help