Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:43 PM

As long as Kershaw pitches well tomorrow, even if they lose. I'll be happy with his performance

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#105 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:45 PM

UCSB07 wrote:
As long as Kershaw pitches well tomorrow, even if they lose. I'll be happy with his performance

I can see either a game 2 repeat or, God forbid, a 2013 game 6 NLCS repeat. This team looks spent, now. 

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:50 PM

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
I really hope Joan disappears this winter.

I've been wanting that since 2013. Totally fucking worthless. 
Only guy in history to make Alejandro Pena look like a fast worker.

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:51 PM

Matthew wrote:
UCSB07 wrote:
Well the networks are getting the game they wanted

As much as I hate saying it, the better team is winning. Which isn't to say the series is over (although it will be if the team that showed up tonight shows up on Saturday), but as fun as this run has been, this is a seriously, seriously flawed team. A good, underrated team, but flawed. Unfortunately, it's coming out in spades the past couple of nights. 
Too many platoon type players with bad splits, add in a lack of any real speed save Toles and a rotation that is a horror show after Kershaw and Hill.    Fuck you, Baez.    May you rot in Milwaukee or wherever we dump you.   As much as the media loves Roberts, he still manages from the seat of his pants and even though he was forced to be imaginative, he has guys in roles they are not qualified for and continues to go to them every chance he has.   I know they will not tear it down but we need to be seriously getting at least one or more solid righty sticks.    Braun, even though costly would be option one and I would see what it might take to get Jonathan Schoop or Brian Dozier - I know neither is likely but we have all of this farm system depth in arms and lefty sticks, it might make some sense to see what we can get if we offer up a Verdugo or a Stewart or a combination of both.  

Eat shit Stripling, may your ass forever pitch in OKC. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#112 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:53 PM

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
I really hope Joan disappears this winter.

I've been wanting that since 2013. Totally fucking worthless. 

You get what you pay for in the end. The no name BP is imploding at the worst possible time. The way this FO operates, Baez could be our closer next year when they let Kenley walk.

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:56 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Matthew wrote:
UCSB07 wrote:
Well the networks are getting the game they wanted

As much as I hate saying it, the better team is winning. Which isn't to say the series is over (although it will be if the team that showed up tonight shows up on Saturday), but as fun as this run has been, this is a seriously, seriously flawed team. A good, underrated team, but flawed. Unfortunately, it's coming out in spades the past couple of nights. 
Too many platoon type players with bad splits, add in a lack of any real speed save Toles and a rotation that is a horror show after Kershaw and Hill.    Fuck you, Baez.    May you rot in Milwaukee or wherever we dump you.   As much as the media loves Roberts, he still manages from the seat of his pants and even though he was forced to be imaginative, he has guys in roles they are not qualified for and continues to go to them every chance he has.   I know they will not tear it down but we need to be seriously getting at least one or more solid righty sticks.    Braun, even though costly would be option one and I would see what it might take to get Jonathan Schoop or Brian Dozier - I know neither is likely but we have all of this farm system depth in arms and lefty sticks, it might make some sense to see what we can get if we offer up a Verdugo or a Stewart or a combination of both.  

Eat shit Stripling, may your ass forever pitch in OKC. 

I agree all around.  The thing is, who didn't know they desperately needed help against lefties?  And their only answer was Chooch?

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Oct 20 16 7:58 PM

The FO somewhat accomplished their goal. They are reducing the payroll, using kids and they made it one ste from the WS even if they lose. That's their goal. Financial stability and youth movement. They won't say it but it's pretty easy to see.

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Oct 20 16 8:05 PM

Matthew wrote:
Lost in most of this is, by and large, Seager has been utter shit. At least post-1st inning.
Hence my SNL comment a "Not Ready for Prime Time Player".  I'm VERY disappointed by it.

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Oct 20 16 8:58 PM

I have been critical more of the FO because they had opportunities to make this team better and chose to go the cheap route which is what it is. When you break this team down, have they not exceeded expectations? This isn't a WS team. They have 1 star SP, 1 star RP a ROY guy, a solid 3B, a decent Catcher and some other guys who go hot and cold. We have some great talent but it's young. Look at our starting rotation. It's not great. Compare it to what the Cubs have. Look at their lineup. They are built for a WS. We aren't yet. I think this team has played their asses off at times and has heart but it's a VW bug going against a Ferrari. It's a smoke show but I am still proud of them for getting this far.

The FO got the max out of what they put into this. At the end, the guys who are average are starting to show they are average. Why didn't anyone want Howie Kendrick on a longterm deal? Utley all of the sudden looks 100 years old. Grandal hit one HR and has done nothing else. Seager is struggling but he is a kid. Who wants Baez? He sucks. He throws hard. The FO has a hard on for guys who throw gas. Dayton is a kid who should never be on the postseason roster much less be pitching in critical situations against this juggernaut of an offense. Blanton is a mid tier BP guy who has been tasked with being a setup guy in key situations because the guy the FO had another hard-on for: Hatcher is not only dogshit but is hurt. Stripling is a SP who is being used as a BP guy.

Just too many guys crashing at once.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help