Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:28 PM

We're all pissed and totally down, but with the injuries (predictable, though they may have been) to the starting pitching, we could almost be thankful to have come this far.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:31 PM

ocmike24 wrote:

Matthew wrote:
Matthew wrote:If nothing else, I gained a hell of a lot of respect for Kenley this postseason. He was never more Rivera like than these past couple of weeks. Or I suppose, if we're using Newport's previous analogy, he's never been more Ron Jeremy like. Which makes it all the more tragic that Kershaw decided to morph into Caitlyn Kershaw, tonight.

Still, while Kershaw deserves much needed shit, the heart of the blame, once again, goes to this piece of shit offense.  Once I saw Gonzalez tweet #KershawDay, I knew they were possibly F'd, with them already thinking Kershaw was going to do all the work for them.

I don't know who'd they would replace him with (and no, Bellinger is not the answer in 2017) but I wouldn't lose any sleep over him disappearing either.

I like Gonzalez the person.  But I've been advocating selling on him for three years.  One of the biggest problems with this offense is that there's been no one, absolutely no one, who gives you that "holy shit, I don't want to face him!" Fear.  There's no big middle of the order threat and I think it's part of the reason why this team constantly strands runners.  Our clean up hitter the past 3 years is a solid, but aging, streaky, and declining guy with a bad back.  That's kind of a problem.  And barring some miraculous trade, I don't see how that changes any time soon.

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:31 PM

beefchopper wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:
Dumb, dumb, dumb. Jansen will get bombed if he comes into this.

They probably just want to give him a chance to make his last appearance as a Dodger.

Maybe, I know this front office values draft picks and with us still one year from getting stupid in the International Marketplace, letting him walk makes some sense.    But, I am thinking that Chapman, without a QO, is going to get ridiculous money and Jansen's payday will be substantially cheaper as most of the top tier teams value draft picks highly.   I still think we resign him because I doubt the Giants' front office is ready to blow a ton of money and a draft pick on a closer.   I am more worried about losing Hill.   His attachment to the Dodgers is tenuous, he is an East Coast kid and with no QO his value goes through the roof.     It will take some serious negotiating to keep him in Dodger Blue.    I'd let Reddick walk, I think we have enough outfielders who can do more for cheaper (Toles, Puig - if he isn't traded, Verdugo, etc....).     As for Turner, I think he gives us every opportunity to sign him before the Series is over.   

I know who I would love to see us get, but the willingness of Zaidi and Friends to use a lot of our farm talent to get guys like Braun, Dozier (I would bet highly that the Twins will move him for a boatload of talent before he gets Mauer money in a year) and I think bringing Greinke back makes a lot of sense especially if Hill does go back home to Long Island is likely not going to happen.   He would be a good fit in Yankee Stadium.   Like to see us lose some dead weight like Kendrick, Kazmir, - excuse me, but Buck needs to calm the fuck down, that was the easiest DP in history - and even though I know it is unlikely, I am tired of watching AGon clog the bases like a young Slats Molina.   

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:41 PM

Matthew wrote:
ocmike24 wrote:

Matthew wrote:

Still, while Kershaw deserves much needed shit, the heart of the blame, once again, goes to this piece of shit offense.  Once I saw Gonzalez tweet #KershawDay, I knew they were possibly F'd, with them already thinking Kershaw was going to do all the work for them.

I don't know who'd they would replace him with (and no, Bellinger is not the answer in 2017) but I wouldn't lose any sleep over him disappearing either.

I like Gonzalez the person.  But I've been advocating selling on him for three years.  One of the biggest problems with this offense is that there's been no one, absolutely no one, who gives you that "holy shit, I don't want to face him!" Fear.  There's no big middle of the order threat and I think it's part of the reason why this team constantly strands runners.  Our clean up hitter the past 3 years is a solid, but aging, streaky, and declining guy with a bad back.  That's kind of a problem.  And barring some miraculous trade, I don't see how that changes any time soon.

This is me, also.    AGon is a good fit in LA but his time is done.    Time for a kid like Bellinger, who looks to have more power and is a future Gold Glover.   Yeah, this would likely rush him but I know Bellinger would've scored in Game Four.    The thing is, he will need someone to hit in front of him who is that "oh shit" presence - again, Braun comes to mind immediately.    Sure, he is expensive and won't come cheaply but he is an LA kid, he is fairly healthy and he is a righty stick which we need badly.   I am just not sold on Puig being the player he was three years ago and while Turner is a nice player and Seager has some massive upside, one is likely going to slip down the mountain and one is likely a year away from being truly frightening at the plate.   

Oh yeah, let's lose this POS immediately.   

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:45 PM

WildHare wrote:
We're all pissed and totally down, but with the injuries (predictable, though they may have been) to the starting pitching, we could almost be thankful to have come this far.
Injuries are part of the game and they have no one to blame but themselves for many of them.

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:48 PM

As much as it pains me to say this, I hope these Fucks win the World Series just to shut them the fuck up about the curse and all of that bullshit. Paint a target on their backs and see how many times some drills Fucko Baez gets drilled in the ribs when he forgets his place. Don't like their fanbase, too many of them are like Gint fans, they show up only when things are going well and most of them wouldn't know a balk from a pitch out.

Quote    Reply   

#94 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:50 PM

Matthew wrote:
Go fuck yourself, too, Puig.

Kind of poetic that Puig's last at bat with the Blue is a game-ending DP.   Love the talent, but the guy just doesn't have the mental strength to make that leap from talent to player.  

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:51 PM

It's one thing to lose. But the way this team laid down, tonight, is an embarrassment to this franchise. For all the talk of grit, toughness, I've never seen more of a display of pure pussery (yeah, I invented a new word) than tonight. Other than Kenley, every player on that team should be ashamed. They can all go fuck themselves, too.

It's also a good reminder that when a team is propped up due to things like grit and other intangibles, it's usually a good sign that they're not all that great.

Quote    Reply   

#96 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:59 PM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
Injuries are part of the game and they have no one to blame but themselves for many of them.

The only really suprising injury was Kershaw.    We knew that Maeda wasn't sturdy, Anderson and Kazmir are HMO nightmares and Ryu is iffy if he ever pitches a ML inning again, but it almost seemed like the front office was paralyzed when the injuries started cascading and by the time they woke up from their coma, Kershaw was down.    But, the injuries to Ethier and Thompson really hurt and the slow starts by Turner, Kendrick, Grandal and Puig (I am betting they were hurting early) didn't help either.   We likely burned up a lot of effort in passing the Giants and for all we know, the mental power was likely out by the middle of Game Four. 

Quote    Reply   

#97 [url]

Oct 22 16 7:09 PM

Kasten's comments from the other day make me wonder if we fans care more about getting into and winning the Series than the front office and ownership does. Solely from a dollars and cents standpoint, winning a division accomplishes almost all you want. You get great attendance all year, sell loads of seasons tickets for the next year, and get good TV ratings (on the few TV's that can receive the games). Yes you leave some World Series revenues on the table but that is small potatoes compared to the rest. They probably see this as a big financial success worthy of self congratulations. I don't.

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Oct 22 16 7:10 PM

I know this sounds sadistic, but I was hoping for some shattered helmets for Baez, Contreras, Russell, and Rizzo just like Gossage did to Cey. Arrogant was an understatement for those 4 during the series.

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Oct 22 16 7:13 PM

hagdag26 wrote:
I know this sounds sadistic, but I was hoping for some shattered helmets for Baez, Contreras, Russell, and Rizzo just like Gossage did to Cey. Arrogant was an understatement for those 4 during the series.
Part of the problem is I doubt there is anyone on the Dodgers furious enough or frustrated enough to make that happen.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help