Remove this ad

#481 [url]

Dec 12 16 3:26 PM

beefchopper wrote:
WildHare wrote:
Wow! What a day (except for my golf)! Looks like Kenley AND JT both back in the fold. This is the latest quote from MLBTR on Jansen:
"At the end of the day Kenley loves Los Angeles, his Dodger family, the fans here and although money was a factor, it wasn’t the most important thing.”

That is pure music to my ears. As I alluded to a few days ago, here is that pro athlete who values some things above the almighty dollar. Now if we get Holland, our pen could be stacked.

You said it twice but maybe once wasn't enough.  Truly great news.
Yuku is experiencing Fuku problems again.  Took forever to get that last post in, and then it showed up twice. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#483 [url]

Dec 12 16 4:35 PM

ItTakesFaith wrote:
Added to the excitement is that it's apparent this FO isn't done yet! What else may we find under the Christmas tree...???

I am pining for Brian Dozier and Greg Holland to start with and maybe for the surprise gift, someone like Lorenzo Cain.   I figure if I say it enough, it will happen  

Quote    Reply   

#484 [url]

Dec 12 16 5:29 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
ItTakesFaith wrote:
Added to the excitement is that it's apparent this FO isn't done yet! What else may we find under the Christmas tree...???

I am pining for Brian Dozier and Greg Holland to start with and maybe for the surprise gift, someone like Lorenzo Cain.   I figure if I say it enough, it will happen  

Don't you think we still need a starter? Unless Maeda grows some stamina in his rather frail body; and Urias stops trying to physically mirror Fernando, we'll likely need to deepen the pitching corps... Or, conversely, do the Dodgers hold out until the AS break to add as needed? The usual increased freight of a mid-season acquisition would be somewhat offset by the reduced luxury tax charges (because of only paying on the pro-rated portion of the season)???

Last Edited By: ItTakesFaith Dec 12 16 5:33 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#486 [url]

Dec 12 16 6:18 PM

ItTakesFaith wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
ItTakesFaith wrote:

Don't you think we still need a starter? Unless Maeda grows some stamina in his rather frail body; and Urias stops trying to physically mirror Fernando, we'll likely need to deepen the pitching corps... Or, conversely, do the Dodgers hold out until the AS break to add as needed? The usual increased freight of a mid-season acquisition would be somewhat offset by the reduced luxury tax charges (because of only paying on the pro-rated portion of the season)???
I think they are expecting (hoping?) that the new workout routine they came up with for Maeda this winter to add bulk will help him go longer in games and avoid the late season fade he experienced this year.  Or perhaps Gabe Kapler's secret treatment will do the trick:  http://deadspin.com/gabe-kaplers-advice-to-baseball-players-get-a-nice-tan-1724025612

Quote    Reply   

#489 [url]

Dec 13 16 5:46 AM

ItTakesFaith wrote:
Passan gets it...! "Here's why the future Dodgers are downright scary" via Bleacher Report http://teamstre.am/2gBBQgo
This is what we have known since 2014.   The sad part for the rest of the league and baseball is that our 2016 draft class was as good as any.     Gavin Lux, Mitchell White, Jordan Sheffield, DJ Peters and Will Smith will be the next names on that list of top prospects.    Add in kids like Omar Estevez, Christian Santana and Starling Heredia and this system might compare with the system the Dodgers had in the early eighties.  

Quote    Reply   

#490 [url]

Dec 13 16 5:56 AM

Was incredibly busy yesterday, but a great day. I was starting to get nervous about some of the inactivity of the FO, but they stepped up. I honestly did not expect to sign all three, even in a realistic best case scenario. Glad they did what they needed to do. Now go sign Holland to set up, and trade for Dozier, and fill the rest of the team up.

Jansen and Turner re-signing, and Fisher getting fired… a pretty good day, I must say.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#491 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:42 AM

Matthew wrote:.

Jansen and Turner re-signing, and Fisher getting fired… a pretty good day, I must say.

No, this was a great day.   Fisher getting fired was just the cherry on the top.   Now, go get Gruden, Kroenke.  

Quote    Reply   

#492 [url]

Dec 13 16 8:39 AM

Matthew wrote:
Was incredibly busy yesterday, but a great day. I was starting to get nervous about some of the inactivity of the FO, but they stepped up. I honestly did not expect to sign all three, even in a realistic best case scenario. Glad they did what they needed to do. Now go sign Holland to set up, and trade for Dozier, and fill the rest of the team up.

But how can we recover from the loss of Reddick?

Quote    Reply   

#493 [url]

Dec 13 16 9:43 AM

So, with the re-signings of Kenley and JT imminent (HOORAY!) and only one open roster spot, who goes?

Carlos Frias--Seems to be AAAA, at best and does not appear to be tracking upward.
Vidal Nuno--May be a DFA candidate, even though we just traded Carlos Ruiz for him, but that was really just a salary dump, plus we have lefties Liberatore, Dayton, and Avilan in the pen.
Chris Taylor--Nice handy utility guy, but...
Rob Segedin--offers backup at corner IF and OF.
Josh Fields--not likely to get axed because he did okay after coming to the Dodgers and throws hard, which the FO desires.
Kike Hernandez--he was pretty awful last year, and the shine of 2015 has dimmed a lot.

I don't think anybody takes BMac, Kazmir, Ethier, so another possibility is to package multiple 40-man players in deals, say for Dozier and/or Braun,  Names like deJong, Rhame, Stewart, Wood, Puig, Ravin, Yimi, and Stripling plus all the names above could come up.

Quote    Reply   

#495 [url]

Dec 13 16 3:36 PM

WildHare wrote:
So, with the re-signings of Kenley and JT imminent (HOORAY!) and only one open roster spot, who goes?

Carlos Frias--Seems to be AAAA, at best and does not appear to be tracking upward.
Vidal Nuno--May be a DFA candidate, even though we just traded Carlos Ruiz for him, but that was really just a salary dump, plus we have lefties Liberatore, Dayton, and Avilan in the pen.
Josh Fields--not likely to get axed because he did okay after coming to the Dodgers and throws hard, which the FO desires.
Kike Hernandez--he was pretty awful last year, and the shine of 2015 has dimmed a lot.

I don't think anybody takes BMac, Kazmir, Ethier, so another possibility is to package multiple 40-man players in deals, say for Dozier and/or Braun,  Names like deJong, Rhame, Stewart, Wood, Puig, Ravin, Yimi, and Stripling plus all the names above could come up.

Trading JDL, Stewart and Trayce (whom the Twins seem to love) for Dozier clears the requisite roster spots. Now, I don't want to trade Trayce, but if his removal from the trade is a deal breaker, then hold our nose and make the Cain deal so we won't have to stress on Joc's left handed splits. This way, we give SVS some playing because I don't see AGon sitting very often with Bellinger in OKC. AGon will probably be the last to get that his game is going over a cliff however slowly it is happening.

Quote    Reply   

#496 [url]

Dec 13 16 5:11 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
WildHare wrote:

Trading JDL, Stewart and Trayce (whom the Twins seem to love) for Dozier clears the requisite roster spots. Now, I don't want to trade Trayce, but if his removal from the trade is a deal breaker, then hold our nose and make the Cain deal so we won't have to stress on Joc's left handed splits. This way, we give SVS some playing because I don't see AGon sitting very often with Bellinger in OKC. AGon will probably be the last to get that his game is going over a cliff however slowly it is happening.

Though they are different (style) players, I'm not convinced that Cain is an even better player than Thompson...in fact, I could see Trayce manning a corner OF position with the Dodgers for years'...

Quote    Reply   

#497 [url]

Dec 13 16 5:32 PM

Cain doesn't have a lot of power. Dozier was off the charts last year in the power department but I fear that season is an outlier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote    Reply   

#498 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:34 PM

WildHare wrote:
Cain doesn't have a lot of power. Dozier was off the charts last year in the power department but I fear that season is an outlier.

I share the concern with Dozier.  Although even if he doesn't hit 40 HR (which I don't expect), I'll gladly take his 2014-2015 power, as well.  He's certainly trending in the right direction, at the very least.

At this point, I want the Dodgers to sign Holland, trade for Dozier, and then sign Holland's brother, giving the Dodgers a trio of Holland/Dozier/Holland.

Quote    Reply   

#499 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:42 PM

Matthew wrote:
WildHare wrote:

I share the concern with Dozier.  Although even if he doesn't hit 40 HR (which I don't expect), I'll gladly take his 2014-2015 power, as well.  He's certainly trending in the right direction, at the very least.

At this point, I want the Dodgers to sign Holland, trade for Dozier, and then sign Holland's brother, giving the Dodgers a trio of Holland/Dozier/Holland.
Second time I have heard that joke this week.   Still gets a chuckle.  

Quote    Reply   

#500 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:57 PM

Gnats signed FedEx on a minor league deal... Shame, cause I used to like the guy...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help