Remove this ad

#561 [url]

Dec 23 16 1:17 PM

Been tough logging into fuku for the last couple of days. Just won't open.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#562 [url]

Dec 24 16 4:58 AM

claude osteen wrote:
Been tough logging into fuku for the last couple of days. Just won't open.
They changed servers and couldn't reach it all until my browser refreshed.  Just now, I finally connected, but it took forever to access any posts and some avatars are absent.  Sigh!

Quote    Reply   

#564 [url]

Dec 24 16 1:23 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
How does such a substandard company like Yuku even stay in business with such poor service? Is it because they are just cheap?

Not cheap enough.  Yuku "service" is not even worthless.  They should have to pay customers to use it.  Some teenagers have created better server setups in their parents' basements.

Quote    Reply   

#565 [url]

Dec 24 16 1:26 PM

So I read a story on how we would be a good match for Jarrod Dyson who would be a waste of a trade since we already have Toles. Why would we give up an asset for a guy who isn't really that great of a player? He is fast and a contact hitter. Who cares?

Quote    Reply   

#566 [url]

Dec 24 16 1:35 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
So I read a story on how we would be a good match for Jarrod Dyson who would be a waste of a trade since we already have Toles. Why would we give up an asset for a guy who isn't really that great of a player? He is fast and a contact hitter. Who cares?
I saw that article and it's just noise from some KC guy who is trying to find a way to get some of our pitching riches for his Royals.  Dyson makes no sense;  we need right handed bats, not lefty punch and judy types.  Given, Dyson is fast, an asset we have in short supply, but as you said, Andrew Toles can do anything Dyson can do and doesn't cost anything.

Now, back to the right handed hitting second baseman search.

Quote    Reply   

#567 [url]

Dec 25 16 10:19 AM

beefchopper wrote:

NewportDodger wrote:How does such a substandard company like Yuku even stay in business with such poor service? Is it because they are just cheap?

Not cheap enough.  Yuku "service" is not even worthless.  They should have to pay customers to use it.  Some teenagers have created better server setups in their parents' basements.

I agree with this.  No more giving Yuku our money.  Let's put it to use towards a good site.  Xenforo license is about $140, plus a cheap host and we're in business.  I'm ready to throw down some on that as soon as this week.  It's time to move on from the Frank McCourt of internet sites.

Quote    Reply   

#569 [url]

Dec 25 16 1:14 PM

Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

NewportDodger wrote:How does such a substandard company like Yuku even stay in business with such poor service? Is it because they are just cheap?

I agree with this.  No more giving Yuku our money.  Let's put it to use towards a good site.  Xenforo license is about $140, plus a cheap host and we're in business.  I'm ready to throw down some on that as soon as this week.  It's time to move on from the Frank McCourt of internet sites.
I'd be happy to contribute as well.

A Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah and Happy New Year to all.

Quote    Reply   

#570 [url]

Dec 26 16 3:33 PM

beefchopper wrote:
Matthew wrote:
beefchopper wrote:

I'd be happy to contribute as well.

A Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah and Happy New Year to all.

Agree.  Yuku's server update hasn't seemed to improve the service.

MLBTR going with the Nats and Cardinals being in on Dozier.  Both clubs are well stocked at second base, so this sounds like more Minnesota propaganda.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#571 [url]

Dec 26 16 5:38 PM

So that's the new fake rumor that they are desperately trying to start so the Dodgers will negotiate with themselves? If so, then let them have him then. It's all bullshit with these hacks now. I would call the bluff if I were Friedman and go after Kinsler or Forsythe rather than continue this circle jerk.

Quote    Reply   

#572 [url]

Dec 26 16 10:53 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
So that's the new fake rumor that they are desperately trying to start so the Dodgers will negotiate with themselves? If so, then let them have him then. It's all bullshit with these hacks now. I would call the bluff if I were Friedman and go after Kinsler or Forsythe rather than continue this circle jerk.
No kidding.  This is so drawn out.  Like trying to get your 12-yo little brother to understand what constitutes a fair trade in fantasy football.  And they're like, "But I like the colors they wear."

Quote    Reply   

#573 [url]

Dec 27 16 6:42 AM

NewportDodger wrote:
It is just so comical to hear the Minnesota media wonks trying to get the Dodgers to do something stupid like Kevin Malone would've done and bid against themselves.    It is even funnier when sites like Hardball News and Rotoworld try to spin the Cardinals' alleged interest into something real.    Really, Wong and two marginal pitchers for Dozier?    That is almost as bad as Panik, Blach and Jared Parker from a Gints' site.    It is like they are so desperate for anyone other the Dodgers getting Dozier that they are grasping at straws.    It is obvious that the Twins want to make the move and are trying to maximize their return and they are playing their last card throwing out teams who barely need an upgrade at second.   Sometime after January 1, we will get Dozier maybe after we sign a free agent relief pitcher or two and can add someone like Baez and/or a lefty (either starter or reliever) to make the Twins feel like they got something extra in the deal.   Or, like Newport suggests, we walk away and go to Plan B.   We have options and time to make a move.   

Quote    Reply   

#574 [url]

Dec 27 16 6:47 AM

monsooner wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
No kidding.  This is so drawn out.  Like trying to get your 12-yo little brother to understand what constitutes a fair trade in fantasy football.  And they're like, "But I like the colors they wear."

True.   My kid practically lost his mind and called Friedman and Zaidi names over this and I had to explain to him that this is the Minnesota media trying to drive up the return for Dozier.   I had to ask him two questions (Who would the Cardinals trade for Dozier? and Is Dozier a massive upgrade over Gyorko at second?).   After returning to rationality, he saw it for what it was.   I am sure that was the reaction Wolfson was hoping for, but last I looked our front office doesn't use Twitter or Facebook posts as barometers for moves.  

Quote    Reply   

#575 [url]

Dec 27 16 7:34 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
It is just so comical to hear the Minnesota media wonks trying to get the Dodgers to do something stupid like Kevin Malone would've done and bid against themselves.    It is even funnier when sites like Hardball News and Rotoworld try to spin the Cardinals' alleged interest into something real.    Really, Wong and two marginal pitchers for Dozier?    That is almost as bad as Panik, Blach and Jared Parker from a Gints' site.    It is like they are so desperate for anyone other the Dodgers getting Dozier that they are grasping at straws.    It is obvious that the Twins want to make the move and are trying to maximize their return and they are playing their last card throwing out teams who barely need an upgrade at second.   Sometime after January 1, we will get Dozier maybe after we sign a free agent relief pitcher or two and can add someone like Baez and/or a lefty (either starter or reliever) to make the Twins feel like they got something extra in the deal.   Or, like Newport suggests, we walk away and go to Plan B.   We have options and time to make a move.   

Listen, if they called right now and said "Baez and DeLeon for Dozier" I think I pull the trigger just to be done with it.  With as many games as I go to, every year, I get tired of watching Baez through my hands over my eyes.  I love the fact that a site is trying to fire up the Braun rumors again.  I just get the sense that ship has sailed.

In extremos orientem in qualitatem; in extremos occidentem in saporem.

Quote    Reply   

#576 [url]

Dec 27 16 8:33 AM

bigblaster wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

Listen, if they called right now and said "Baez and DeLeon for Dozier" I think I pull the trigger just to be done with it.  With as many games as I go to, every year, I get tired of watching Baez through my hands over my eyes.  I love the fact that a site is trying to fire up the Braun rumors again.  I just get the sense that ship has sailed.

When my wife goes to a game with me, she has two wishes.  First, that the Dodgers win so I'll be happy, and two, that it will be a relatively fast game.  Every time she sees Baez warming in the pen, she says, "Oh, No.  The human rain delay!"

All this angst over getting a right handed hitting second baseman (and I am repeating myself and looking for some other viewpoints, here) could have been somewhat alleviated by waiting to deal Kendrick.  He's not ideal, but he was a decent fall back option.  As I've said before, what they saw in Darin Ruf eludes me.  They could have signed his equal (Michael Morse) to a minor league contract as the Gnats just did. 

Quote    Reply   

#577 [url]

Dec 27 16 10:17 AM

TODAY: St. Louis is not “actively” working to acquire Dozier, per ESPN.com’s Mark Saxon (via Twitter).

YESTERDAY, 8:55pm: Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post tweets that the Nationals haven’t made any “serious” inquiries in Dozier. That could suggest that the Nats at least did some due diligence and checked in on the asking price, but with no natural fit for Dozier in D.C., it doesn’t seem they’re in hot pursuit. For those speculating on other possible landing spots for Dozier, FanRag’s Jon Heyman tweets that the Braves aren’t in on Dozier, and Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press tweets that the Athletics aren’t in play either.

Quote    Reply   

#579 [url]

Dec 27 16 12:45 PM

bigblaster wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:

It has to have sailed. There is just too much risk in adding Braun. He fails a drug test, he is done for the year. His salary is too much for a guy who is close to being an AL player and the price the Brewers want for him seems ludicrous seeing as how they refuse to eat salary. Rather have the daily drama of Puig. Seeing as it looks like the Twins' gambit of creating a bidding war exploded in their hands, time for them to come in, cap in hand, and take what is on the table. DeLeon, Stewart and the odd pen arm or lower level prospect arm should do the trick. I would love to keep Stewart, but if the choice is Stewart or Alvarez, I want to keep Alvarez.

Quote    Reply   

#580 [url]

Dec 27 16 12:47 PM

NewportDodger wrote:
So now the Twins are left standing there with their dicks in their hands looking stupid like they usually do every year.

Yep, just like when they overplayed their hand with Johan Santana.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help