Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 26 16 2:54 PM

Tags : :

Hey, at least SF is not involved in it.  Still pulling for Cleveland to extract some vengeance on Jon Lester (thanks for last night) the Cubs, and their legion of Red Sox-like obnoxious fans.

Go Billy Goat.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 26 16 3:00 PM

Not a C&W music fan, but those two guys did a good job on our national anthem and personally, I loved the fact that they placed their right hands over their hearts during the entire song.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 26 16 3:04 PM

B-r-r-r-. Thirty-something wind chill factor with a threat of rain creating an hour earlier start. Should be playing the WS in Arlington, TX and Los Angeles, CA, where the temps are in the 70's.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 26 16 3:14 PM

The explanation on Bauer's cut finger is a lot more palatable than Joe Beimel's several years ago.

He also chose a much better finger (pinkie) to lacerate.

Last Edited By: WildHare Oct 26 16 3:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 26 16 4:15 PM

It's getting really difficult to listen to Joe Buck, aka Cubs' head cheerleader. With his Cardinal pedigree, you'd expect he hated the rival Cubs. Maybe he is over compensating. He sure sucked up to them in the NLCS.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 26 16 4:18 PM

WildHare wrote:
It's getting really difficult to listen to Joe Buck, aka Cubs' head cheerleader. With his Cardinal pedigree, you'd expect he hated the rival Cubs. Maybe he is over compensating. He sure sucked up to them in the NLCS.

After the NLCS, I've had my fill of Joe Frickin' Buck. 

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 26 16 4:57 PM

Shmolnick wrote:
WildHare wrote:

After the NLCS, I've had my fill of Joe Frickin' Buck. 
He wore out his welcome with me far prior to that...probably in the playoffs vs. Philly and then his hometown team St. Louis.  I watched this year's NLCS and most of the NLDS (Reynolds) with the sound muted.  It's a shame they cannot find some neutral broadcasters, not that I understand Buck's affinity for the Cubs.

Last Edited By: WildHare Oct 26 16 5:16 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 26 16 5:42 PM

WildHare wrote:

I had enough of Buck about 10 years ago.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 29 16 9:14 AM

That was a pretty amazing game, last night. I think Cleveland has the edge, and I'm rooting for them (I've always really liked Terry Francona, and I'd love to see him snag a WS after the way he was treated in Boston), but I could see this series going 7. Some great baseball, so far.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 30 16 5:20 PM

What's irritating about the Cubs is that they are so immature and manic. They look like a bunch of goofs out there the way they prance around. The insufferable prick fams are just an extension of that. The arrogance is incredible for a franchise that hasn't won anything for that long.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 31 16 4:17 AM

NewportDodger wrote:
What's irritating about the Cubs is that they are so immature and manic. They look like a bunch of goofs out there the way they prance around. The insufferable prick fams are just an extension of that. The arrogance is incredible for a franchise that hasn't won anything for that long.

My Son asked me last night why I didn't want the Cubs to win. This is the same reason why I am not pulling for them. 

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 31 16 8:26 AM

NewportDodger wrote:
As much as I like Joe Maddon's managing form, I despise him for not teaching his young team some class.  On field, during game celebrations should be muted.   Instead, we have assclowns like Baez and Rizzo acting like they are mugging for the TV on each and every play.   I know we have our own assclown in Puig, but he has learned a hard lesson and it shows.   I got a sad feeling that both Baez and Rizzo will be getting some chin music and bruised ribs if they keep up acting like fools.  What is really sad is that the young guys don't learn from guys like Zobrist, Ross, Heyward and Fowler on how to act and instead pantomime known buffoons like Lester and Arrieta.    

Now, their fans act like winning the world series was fait accompli.    Somehow, they deserve it and if they don't win it this year, then it was a big conspiracy to keep them from a title.    It is also very humorous that when you tell a Cub fan you are pulling  for the Indians, you are a Hater.   Try to explain it to them and it all comes back to they deserve it.   Last I looked, no one deserves shit in this game and having your team parade around arrogantly like they are God's Gift is only going to make that chore harder.   I would not be shocked if the Indians feel an extra bit of want-to after hearing about how good the Cubs are and how the Indians should be happy being number two.  

I will say this, Chapman impressed the Hell out of me last night.   He had that determined look and stance that one likes to see in a closer.   He wasn't going to allow anyone to beat him last night.  Whoever gets him this winter will make job one getting that determination and confidence going each and every outing.  

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 31 16 8:30 AM

WildHare wrote:

I concur, Jerry.   Joe Buck is beyond insufferable.   Listening to him cheerlead is nearly as bad as listening to Pat Hughes.    I listened to the Cleveland guys and it was like night and day, they were respectful and knowledgeable about the Cubs and aside from an occassional huzzah when the Miller had a good inning or Kipnis went yard, they are like Vin in that they try to call it square.  

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 31 16 5:09 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:
NewportDodger wrote:
As much as I like Joe Maddon's managing form, I despise him for not teaching his young team some class.  On field, during game celebrations should be muted.   Instead, we have assclowns like Baez and Rizzo acting like they are mugging for the TV on each and every play.   I know we have our own assclown in Puig, but he has learned a hard lesson and it shows.   I got a sad feeling that both Baez and Rizzo will be getting some chin music and bruised ribs if they keep up acting like fools.  What is really sad is that the young guys don't learn from guys like Zobrist, Ross, Heyward and Fowler on how to act and instead pantomime known buffoons like Lester and Arrieta.    

Now, their fans act like winning the world series was fait accompli.    Somehow, they deserve it and if they don't win it this year, then it was a big conspiracy to keep them from a title.    It is also very humorous that when you tell a Cub fan you are pulling  for the Indians, you are a Hater.   Try to explain it to them and it all comes back to they deserve it.   Last I looked, no one deserves shit in this game and having your team parade around arrogantly like they are God's Gift is only going to make that chore harder.   I would not be shocked if the Indians feel an extra bit of want-to after hearing about how good the Cubs are and how the Indians should be happy being number two.  

I will say this, Chapman impressed the Hell out of me last night.   He had that determined look and stance that one likes to see in a closer.   He wasn't going to allow anyone to beat him last night.  Whoever gets him this winter will make job one getting that determination and confidence going each and every outing.  

Totally nailed it there.  I would add Lester to the arrogant SOB list.  He can't throw the friggin' baseball to first base, yet acts like his stuff doesn't stink.  Just a first class jerk,. through and through.  It still rubs me the wrong the way he glared at the Dodgers dugout after fielding a bunt and throwing a 50 foot hopper to first, as if to say, "I can do this!"

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 1 16 5:37 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
WildHare wrote:

I concur, Jerry.   Joe Buck is beyond insufferable.   Listening to him cheerlead is nearly as bad as listening to Pat Hughes.    I listened to the Cleveland guys and it was like night and day, they were respectful and knowledgeable about the Cubs and aside from an occassional huzzah when the Miller had a good inning or Kipnis went yard, they are like Vin in that they try to call it square.  

The funny thing is that I was watching a Cubs fan on Facebook bitch over and over on Sunday night about how Joe Buck hates the Cubs, constantly shows favoritism, and won't call it evenly ect. ect.. it was entertaining. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help