Remove this ad

#1561 [url]

Oct 25 13 8:42 AM

ThrowdeuceMy Ballot:

1. Schmol
2. Matthew
3. JW

I choose to view that as finishing 3rd, rather than returning to last.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1562 [url]

Oct 25 13 8:48 AM

jwerthfan wrote:
ThrowdeuceMy Ballot:

1. Schmol
2. Matthew
3. JW

I choose to view that as finishing 3rd, rather than returning to last.
True, none of them were last place worthy

Quote    Reply   

#1563 [url]

Oct 26 13 3:48 AM

Here's my ballot for the week:

1. Throwdeuce - The Waiting [ is the Hardest Part ] - Even though this isn't my favorite song of his, I do like Tom Petty a lot; I didn't really care for him when he first appeared back in the late 70s, but I think he's really grown as an artist over the years and seems not to have embraced the whole celebrity bullshit thing.
  2. JW - The Blues Don't Care [ who's got 'em ] - I like this one. Of course, the painful but compelling video makes it all work. 
  3. Matthew - This Will Be Our Year [ ... ] - As soon as I saw that this song was a Zombies song, I was all ready to love it as I'd never heard of it before. But as I listened to it, it became repetitive and derivative. Love the sentiment though. I saw The Zombies a couple of years ago at an oldies show and they were great, much better than your standard oldies fare. Time of the Season and Hold Your Up, the Rod Argent song, were the highlights of the evening.

Quote    Reply   

#1564 [url]

Oct 26 13 6:25 AM

I'm in agreement with much of Shmol's ballot comments.

1. Throwdeuce - The 'waiting' is the hardest part. I'm not big on Petty, but it's a decent enough song and the sentiment hits home with me.
2. Shmolnick - I honestly never cared a lot for this song in the past [Johnny Nash], and this arrangement is pretty much the same - but better. The colorful video is a big plus.
3. Matthew - Same as Shmol, I thought 'Zombies! - what a cool choice'. Unfortunately, by the end, it's not a tune I'd listen to again. I'd add that I saw them on a PBS fundraiser a handful of years ago, and they were quite good, doing 'Time of the Season' and 'She's Not There'. The funny thing about it, is that Blunstone[?] and especially Argent do look now like guys that should be in a band called The Zombies.

Quote    Reply   

#1565 [url]

Oct 28 13 12:50 AM

My ballot:

1. Shmolnick - Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time!
2. Throwdeuce - Not really a Petty guy, but this is good enough for #2, and it fits the category well.
3. jwerthfan - You really went and did it again...

Quote    Reply   

#1566 [url]

Oct 28 13 6:39 AM

MatthewMy ballot:

3. jwerthfan - You really went and did it again...

Guilty! Just one question - oh, nevermind. But, look how the tide is turning [okay...only 4 of us this week so it's more like a ripple than a tide..]
From this:
"JW: Gary Stewart. Like chalk on a blackboard to my ears. If one more countrified idiot picks up a guitar and starts writing crap like this, I'm gonna scream. I can't imagine why you like this guy, JW. "
To this: 
"JW - The Blues Don't Care [ who's got 'em ] - I like this one. " image
And there's even evidence of a gain here:
"True, none of them were last place worthy" image

Which brings us to the results in our shotgun version of Dodger Blues week:

First and second is a tie, w/ Throwdeuce and Shmolnick. In a third place tie was Gary Stewart [ JW ], and in a last place tie was Matthew's pick. image << [That's not a smiley, btw, it's a banana celebrating a developing trend.]

So, here's what we can do here: we can go forward this week as a foursome, or put things on hold for G and gg. Unless Shmol objects, I award category pick to Throwdeuce. Just let us know TD if you want to select for this week, or wait a week. I'm with you either way.

Quote    Reply   

#1570 [url]

Nov 11 13 6:54 PM

Hi, you guys. Is the music thing still going on? I will try to play when I get more than ten minutes to sit at the laptop. Such a good day, but it is kind of humid right now. It rained a little bit and I think we will not go out driving after dark. Pretty interesting because some people drive like they do not know how around here. Anyway, we found a Pizza Hut, a bunch of McDonalds, three malls, gas stations (wow, expensive!) and a Tommy Hilfiger. This morning kind of sucked. I left my bag with my hair products and stuff at home, so I had to go to KMart and get all of that stuff, but it is not that far away, just up Beverly Hills Street to Frenchman Reef Road. Had to buy some other stuff because I packed like an idiot and did not bring anything but jeans and shoes it seems. Mikael took us to Home Depot and they have a home design section, so we can order furniture because it is cheaper to buy it there then ship it from California. The house is really empty and there is still some work to do, but the floors are all in, the kitchen is almost done and the drive way is really cool with lights and stuff. They still have to paint the outside and the windows are on backorder. The plants are supposed to come in this week and when we go back home on Sunday, a lot of the stuff should be done or really close.

When we come back after Thanksgiving, the two cars we are keeping here should be here. Chris says they are somewhere off of the coast of El Salvador right now. It is so like an adventure with everything. The electronics will be installed in the walls when we come back but Chris picked up two tvs yesterday so we could test the Dish and watch some television. Right now, Chris is watching Sleepy Hollow and I am watching a movie on HBO. Tomorrow is going to be huge fun. We have to catch a plane at 7 in the morning to Puerto Rico so we can go to Costco to get a bunch of stuff for the kitchen like meat, food, bread and that kind of stuff. There is like a bunch of people here who fly people to either Puerto Rico or Miami to go for major shopping. We just had to rent a van in San Juan and then drive to Bayamon for shopping and stuff. I am lucky Chris has like a GPS in his head. He knows the way already and he seems kind of jazzed for the trip which is funny because he does not really like shopping. He also says there is an outlet mall nearby if I need to pick up more stuff. I am so excited I do not know if I can sleep.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1571 [url]

Dec 13 13 7:45 AM

Well, here it is: Christmas party weekends begin this weekend. You know, the ones you can't get out of attending.....the ones that have a cd changer full of "Christmas with Helen Reddy" and "A Very Carpenters Christmas" - and that's the HIGHlights.

This year I am not going unprepared, and in the spirit of giving, I give to all my amigos here at BBWC, an early present. You can find this at Amazon; then carry your copy to the parties you know will be a drag, and pay the deejay [ or kill the deejay], and slip this in.

Merry Christmas folks !

Quote    Reply   

#1575 [url]

Mar 31 14 4:55 AM

jwerthfan wrote:
DRopping this one here for mi amigo Schmol. A friend sent me this, and I recall you're a fan of at least two of these folk.

[url]
Amazingly, I just noticed this post. Thanks JW.

Quote    Reply   

#1576 [url]

Mar 31 14 4:56 AM

So it's another season of Dodger baseball. Anybody up for another season of MUSIC CONTESTS?

I am. Chime in here if you'd like to participate in another fun year of posting music videos.

Quote    Reply   

#1577 [url]

Mar 31 14 8:35 AM

golfergirl wrote:
Hi, you guys. Is the music thing still going on? I will try to play when I get more than ten minutes to sit at the laptop.

Funny you should ask......Shmol is looking for some players. 

Quote    Reply   

#1578 [url]

Mar 31 14 10:14 AM

jwerthfan wrote:
golfergirl wrote:
Hi, you guys. Is the music thing still going on? I will try to play when I get more than ten minutes to sit at the laptop.

Yeah I thought it was fun last season, even with the occasional meltdown.

Quote    Reply   

#1579 [url]

Mar 31 14 4:04 PM

Shmolnick wrote:

jwerthfan wrote:
golfergirl wrote:Hi, you guys. Is the music thing still going on? I will try to play when I get more than ten minutes to sit at the laptop.

I'm sure you'll insist on smileys. image

Quote    Reply   

#1580 [url]

Apr 1 14 2:53 AM

jwerthfan wrote:
Shmolnick wrote:

jwerthfan wrote:
golfergirl wrote:Hi, you guys. Is the music thing still going on? I will try to play when I get more than ten minutes to sit at the laptop.

I'm sure you'll insist on smileys. image

Smileys are always allowed if I have anything to say about it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help