Remove this ad

#1581 [url]

Apr 3 14 2:18 PM

who better to put a nail in this thread?

this is actually pretty good :)

[url]

Last Edited By: jwerthfan Apr 5 14 4:55 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1586 [url]

Jun 9 14 6:47 AM

I dig the old James Brown groove. Haven't seen the show, but unless it's a game or news.......the last TV show I can recall making an consistent effort to watch was 'Burn Notice', and that's because of this guy:

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#1587 [url]

Jun 9 14 7:43 AM

The TV version of Fargo is loosely (very loosely) based on the Coen Brothers movie of the same name. Same vibe, great great acting, really evil bad guys, lots of dark humor. I don't watch a lot of TV series regularly either, but this one is one of the best. It deserves a larger audience. Also, you can stream the episodes on the FX website.

I never got the fascination with Bruce Campbell. Except I remember him from the old Hercules/Xena universe of shows, which I only paid attention to because of, um, Xena.smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

#1588 [url]

Jun 9 14 8:58 AM

I love the movie Fargo - still own a copy, and have watched it a dozen times or more. William H Macy, Steve Buscemi, and Bruce Campbell in the same flick is a recipe for superb. 

I can't speak for his legion of fans, but imo he's a guy with less than great acting ability - other than his award winning turn as Elvis in Bubba Ho-tep - he's survived and eventually made a fine living mostly on his likeability. He's got sort of a Bill Murray thing going on where, with some exceptions, he doesn't play characters as much as he plays Bruce, if you follow me. I never saw but a couple of clips of Xena and Hercules on YouTube, but it seems that he raises that schlock to a watchable level, as he's made his whole career doing.

Schmol, you may be bent just enough [ in a good way.. lol] to appreciate Bruce, but you have to start w/ the Evil Dead movies - all 3 of them. Then you'll begin to grok "The Chin". :)

[url]

Last Edited By: jwerthfan Jun 9 14 9:02 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1589 [url]

Jun 16 14 7:03 AM

Shmolnick wrote:
So it's another season of Dodger baseball. Anybody up for another season of MUSIC CONTESTS?

I am. Chime in here if you'd like to participate in another fun year of posting music videos.

[left]The category, is awesome:

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#1590 [url]

Jun 21 14 2:57 PM

Almost put this in The Women We Love, but I don't think anyone but me loves these girls.

Yet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1594 [url]

Jun 25 14 7:00 AM

Not going to play, mostly because I am getting hit with 90's Glam Rock from the Pointy-Headed child. Today, she is serenading the house with her version of "Edge of a Broken Heart" from Vixen and yesterday was "Heading for a Heartbreak" by Winger. I think we have a theme here. If one was perceptive (not me), I am thinking her present relationship is grinding to a halt. Damn, I liked Simone, too.

Quote    Reply   

#1595 [url]

Jun 25 14 7:02 AM

Shmolnick wrote:
The TV version of Fargo is loosely (very loosely) based on the Coen Brothers movie of the same name. Same vibe, great great acting, really evil bad guys, lots of dark humor. I don't watch a lot of TV series regularly either, but this one is one of the best. It deserves a larger audience. Also, you can stream the episodes on the FX website.

I never got the fascination with Bruce Campbell. Except I remember him from the old Hercules/Xena universe of shows, which I only paid attention to because of, um, Xena.smiley: roll

I watched every episode with zeal, but the finale was a huge disappointment. Just killing time until Under the Dome and The Strain take up viewing time.

Quote    Reply   

#1596 [url]

Jun 25 14 8:25 AM

grabarkewitz wrote:
Not going to play, mostly because I am getting hit with 90's Glam Rock from the Pointy-Headed child. 

There's no contest these days, G. A couple of us just using the thread to drop a nugget now and then.

Quote    Reply   

#1597 [url]

Jun 25 14 4:14 PM

jwerthfan wrote:
grabarkewitz wrote:
Not going to play, mostly because I am getting hit with 90's Glam Rock from the Pointy-Headed child. 

There's no contest these days, G. A couple of us just using the thread to drop a nugget now and then.

Even better, less chance of throwing out some 90's groaner because it is stuck in my noggin. I was perusing old episodes of Shindig and I might have a few classics from the 60's.

Quote    Reply   

#1599 [url]

Jun 25 14 4:47 PM

grabarkewitz wrote:

jwerthfan wrote:Almost put this in The Women We Love, but I don't think anyone but me loves these girls.

Yet.

Who's the Bettie Page clone?

No idea. Just stumbled across it surfing some psychobilly on YT, and they caught my attention. Quite a quartet....if you follow me. :)

Quote    Reply   

#1600 [url]

Jun 28 14 7:55 AM

The category is 3 string guitars [ with 4 tuning pegs ] made from junk. [ also see: 'Bowdiddly', and hub cap/broomstick guitar]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help